Guy's Night Out at WDW?

Howdy all! I'm traveling with a group of friends (about 15 of us, counting kids) and we're staying for a week (Feb. 22-Mar 1) at the Contemporary. During that week, we'll be doing all sorts of things, but one of the nights is going to be a "Guys Night Out," where we (5 of us) get to leave the kids/spouses behind and go cause mischief, so I'm looking for suggestions!

Just for background - we're not really too wild. We don't drink much, and I think the biggest thing we're excited about so far is the Disneyquest arcade. But are there other things that would be great fun for a group of man-children to check out when we're off the leash?

Any suggestions would be welcome, it's been over a decade since I was there, and that was my honeymoon, so I didn't do too many "guy" things that time!

• Under that tree again!

Re: Guy's Night Out at WDW?

As you are on the route you could do a bar hop around the monorail resorts. It can be as non wild as 3 beers in 2-4 hours.

Disneyquest is ok, I suppose and option, but not one I would of recommended.

You may like a fishing excursion, kind of a manly thing.

Ragland Road in DTD has good entertainment for a place to eat and drink in.

Going off you idea I think the best option would be Splitsville in DTD.

You may also want to include a round of minigolf into your plans.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Minigolf and Splitsville are PERFECT suggestions!!!! Thanks so much!!!

Anyone have any experience with Fantasia Gardens and Fairways Miniature Golf? Is that something I should/can book in advance? The information on the Disney site about that is a little spotty.

Splitsville looks great - anyone have experience there? Curious what the food arrangement is - if you book a lane(s) and then order food delivered to your lane, if there's a buffet (which is what it looks like on their site), etc.

Thanks again!

• formerly very helpful

sounds like fun. It's a shame they closed down Adventurer's Club, since that could have been your whole evening, and been a blast. I like the Disneyworld lounge hopping idea. That's what I'd do if I had such a night.

• Under that tree again!

Just show up to golf, only the big courses need reservations. When you go the whole resort will be pretty mild crowd wise. Reserve to Bowl though popularity may wane by then.

What I would do, of course this depends on park hours, and how much time you have.

Grab drinks going around the resort loop, from Poly walk to the TTR to get on the Epcot Line. If you have tickets into Epcot, walk through and stop as necessary(for heavier drinking, Drinks Around the World, is the alternative to the monorail resort loop. Leave through the International Gateway and get to the Swan walking across the back near the water. You can go from that path to one that crosses the street to Fantasia Gardens. After walk back to the Swan to get the shuttles to DTD. You could also take a boat from the International Gateway to the Swan.

If you don't have access to Epcot, take the monorail from the Poly to the MK, take a bus to the Swan and walk to Fantasia Gardens.

Of course if you have a car or taxi that is the simplest way.

The reason for this complicated path is that buses to the golf only leave hotels, and not frequently and make many stops.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

My friends and I would go to Universal and Islands. We like these parks more as the families have gotten older. We love the Hulk, Spiderman, Potter, Hollywood Coaster, Simpsons, MIB, Doom's Fearfall, Transformers, etc.
    We have even split a room at Royal Pacific just to get the fast pass keys which skip the lines at all these attractions except Potter. We never used the rooms, just the keys. you can skip all the lines as many times as you like. Makes for a great time and keys are good for two days.
    Simpsons has fun areas to eat now and we like to eat at Mels and Monster Cafe. We arent big drinkers so Epcot feels kinda old lady to us, MK is too kiddie as are Disney Studios. None of us care for AK except for Everest and it isnt worth going over there for one ride.

DisneyQuest is ok but kinda old. The other downside to it is that you guys won't really be together that much. After a couple of group activities everyone kinda spreads out on their own and most things are individual games which everyone will have their own tastes and split up. The group things are pretty much for kids.
    If you guys could head out in mid afternoon, split the cost of a room at a Universal Resort and check in just to get the keys and the front of the line pass, then you could skip all the lines and have a completly unforgetable, unique experience. You guys could hit the best rides without waiting and eat at Mels (50's burger joint), or Monster Cafe (throw back to classic Universal Monsters), or in the new Simpsons Land there are a ton of new places to eat.
    You guys wouldn't feel kind of outa place like you could at MK or the Disney studios or AK. We aren't big drinkers either so Epcot is pretty dull to us.
    My buddies and I love the Mummy ride, new Transformers, Hollywood Coaster, MIB, Simpsons, Terminator (if you haven't done this), and others like this at Universal Studios.
    The other Universal Park is Islands of Adventure and the gate is about 2 football fields distance from the Universal Studios Park. At Islands of Adventure we like Hulk Coaster, Spiderman (just upgraded to HD), New Harry Potter ride (only ride that your key can't skip), Potter Roller Coaster (Key will skip line for), etc.
    If you go for this, be sure when you check in at hotel ask the folks there to make sure you get the front of line pass with your keys. There are kiosks right there and you'll need both. Coolest feeling ever walking through the parks without standing in a line longer than maybe 5 minutes. We do it all the time and it is great!

Oh yeah, Universal is about 5-10 minutes straight up I 4.

Since you're already going to be on Disney property and there are so many options there and you're only talking about one evening, I would probably not worry about the hassle and expense of Universal - save that for its own trip another time. I agree with the suggestions above for Splitsville, Mini Golf, Monorail Bar Hop, etc. - if all else fails, you could always go to a movie at Downtown Disney, House of Blues is always fun and sometimes has music - and if you're thinking about Disney Quest, it's right nearby.

Yeah, mini golf or a movie are options but they are options found at almost any city in the country. You and your buddies can always chose those options wherever you meet. These options are kind of easy to forget as well after chosing them.
    There is only one GREAT choice here for an UNforgetable time with your buddies that none of you will ever forget, and that is Universal and Islands of Adventure. Since you guys aren't into getting drunk and returning to your families later ( I applaud your decision as we prefere to remember our good times and don't want to ruin the next day feeling bad) Uni and Islands give you the unique one place on the planet for GUYS who like theme parks to have a great time without feeling a little like a sissy like you guys might feel at other theme parks.
    Universal has been REALLY catering to the guest for about 8 years now and it shows. Check out their website, skip the lines, and have an unbelievable time with your buds!

My brother and his friends go down to WDW all the time, just the guys. They've all been friends since college (15 years ago now). My brother says their favorite night out is to go to Parliament House in Orlando. A lot of famous singers perform there. I think they have karaoke and singers performing too and my brother says that drinks are cheap (compared to what he's used to back in Boston).