Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Renewing Vows at WDW

On Feb. 10, wife and I are renewing vows at Sunset Point, which is near the Polynesian. (Feb. 10 also happens to be our 10th anniversary).
    I'll let everyone know how it all went in this thread. I'm anxious to see how Disney does an event like this.

Has anyone here renew vows or get married at WDW? Which location did you choose? How was it?

• Clearing my Calendar

Re: Renewing Vows at WDW

Hope it's as magical as I've heard Disney can do! We didn't, but I've always heard really good things about the experience.

Congratulations!
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

That sounds wonderful, I'm sure it will be a Magical Experience. I wanted to get married in Disney 22 years ago but we had no $$ and camped outside the park for our Honeymoon. I have always dreamed of doing exactly what you two are doing, in fact I am hinting to DH that I'd like to do that for our 25th. Are you having family/friends attend, or will it just be the two of you?
    I love Dumbo!!

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Congrats! and I hope all is wonderful. I did not get married at Disney but almost did. I went thorugh everything and than end up changing ,my mind for a more local place (with a little push from my mom) But I am sure everything will be great
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha
    On Feb. 10, wife and I are renewing vows at Sunset Point, which is near the Polynesian. (Feb. 10 also happens to be our 10th anniversary).
    I'll let everyone know how it all went in this thread. I'm anxious to see how Disney does an event like this.

Has anyone here renew vows or get married at WDW? Which location did you choose? How was it?

oohhhhhhhhh How exciting!! you are such a romantic!! Congradulations!! I hope you take pictures!! I am thrilled for you, but I love romance!!!

• Former CM

My wife and I got married at Disneyland and went on our honeymoon to WDW. If they do a job like at DL then it should be great. We are also thinking of renewing at WDW for our 10th next year.

• Minion

Well, thank you everyone! To answer some of your questions...

laenie, it'll be the two of us, plus our 4 and 6 year old daughters (who don't know about this yet!). The kids will be bridesmaids, so they should love that! Like Donkey in Shrek said, "Chicks dig all that romantic crap!"

Karla, this was my wife's idea. To be honest, I'm not all that romantic and just wanted to do something on our own, rather than through Disney. Still, I'm looking forward to this event, the memories that it'll give us and the looks on the kids faces when they find out their parents are getting married...again!

The basic package includes pictures, a cake, violin player, 4 hours of limo time, flowers, a photographer and champagne. There are a LOT of extra options you can choose, including a horse drawn Cinderella's carriage!

Again, thanks for all the happy wishes. I'll let you all know how it was after we get back on the 13th!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by laenie
    I wanted to get married in Disney 22 years ago but we had no $$ and camped outside the park for our Honeymoon.
    This just sounds so sad! I'm sure you actually went in and enjoyed the parks, but on first read I kinda pictured you two standing outside the gates, hand in hand, and looking sadly in at all the people having fun. . .

• most magical vaca ever

Pacha and Mrs Pacha

Congrats on your 10 years together We've chatted before~ DH and me are also celebrating our 10th anniversary this upcoming November. We can't go to WDW in November so when we go this spring we will celebrate our 10th a bit early

I cannot wait to hear all about the renewed vows!!! Sooooo exciting!!! Now I am thinking that DH and I should look into this package

Have a wonderful time and hope we'll get to see some pics when you return...

Happy 10th Anniversary
    ~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    This just sounds so sad! I'm sure you actually went in and enjoyed the parks, but on first read I kinda pictured you two standing outside the gates, hand in hand, and looking sadly in at all the people having fun. . .
    LOL that's a pretty realistic picture!! Actually at that time there were these little kiosks where you could buy partially used tickets and we were able to afford one with one day left on it!! We were so happy to go in for the one day. I remember sitting in MK in a grassy area over by Tomorrowland, eating pb&j sandwiches we had brought with us. We were so poor we couldn't even afford a drink inside the park!!! But it was fun just the same and it made for some really good memories (and stories to tell our children!!)
    I love Dumbo!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by laenie
    LOL that's a pretty realistic picture!! Actually at that time there were these little kiosks where you could buy partially used tickets and we were able to afford one with one day left on it!! We were so happy to go in for the one day. I remember sitting in MK in a grassy area over by Tomorrowland, eating pb&j sandwiches we had brought with us. We were so poor we couldn't even afford a drink inside the park!!! But it was fun just the same and it made for some really good memories (and stories to tell our children!!)
    Oh man, that's a sad story! Guess it shows how dedicated to Disney you and your DH are! Hope things are better for you now!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DMof2
    Pacha and Mrs Pacha

Congrats on your 10 years together We've chatted before~ DH and me are also celebrating our 10th anniversary this upcoming November. We can't go to WDW in November so when we go this spring we will celebrate our 10th a bit early

I cannot wait to hear all about the renewed vows!!! Sooooo exciting!!! Now I am thinking that DH and I should look into this package

Have a wonderful time and hope we'll get to see some pics when you return...

Happy 10th Anniversary
    Mrs. Pacha!

Thanks for the good wishes. I'll definitely post pics some time after we get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha
    Oh man, that's a sad story! Guess it shows how dedicated to Disney you and your DH are! Hope things are better for you now!
    Oh yes, things have gotten much better over the years. DH and I both finished college and fianally got jobs in the world. We have been able to visit Disney and stay onsite, in fact we were just there about a week ago, went there for a long weekend and stayed at the Pop Century Resort. Had a great time and we could even afford to have a nice meal in one of my favorite resturants - Le Cellar in Canada. The best pretzel bread around.
    I love Dumbo!!

• Senior Minion

Pacha that is wonderful! My wife and I will be celebrating our 10 year this year too!

I was thinking of renewing our vows the same month as our anniversary but her schedule for teaching conflicts.(year round)Things could change though.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

awwww...what a cool idea! i've thought about renewing our vows for our 10th anniv., but i think i want to do the wedding that i wish i could've had. maybe we can do a disney park as a second honeymoon...maybe paris

please share pics when you get them. it sounds wonderful!!
    <o>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast