Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Magic+

Talking My Magic+

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the new My Magic+ currently getting rolled out across much of WDW. I love the idea of planning adr's 180 days out & I'm warming to the idea of booking my fast passes 60 days out. My understanding at the moment is that I can pick 3 fast passes a day & receive a bonus fast pass every so often. I love the idea of being given my time slot to ride rides. I think doing it this way will, to begin with, greatly reduce the fast pass queues right across the parks as there's only so many time slots that can be allocated? This should in theory make the stand by lines longer but also make them move quicker, as less people have fast passes? Now I'd be stupid to think Disney ain't got cold heart $ in mind here & I'm guessing hotel guests, depending on their grade, will receive extra fast passes on a daily basis. The higher the resort in stars, the higher the cost to the guest & therefore the more fast passes issued. I would also imagine that for a price the guest who chooses not to stay on property will have the option to buy extra fast passes. As I write this Disney is currently only issuing 1 fast pass per ride per day, however I'm guessing that if the price is right then guests will be able to buy multiple fast passes for the same rides. Canyou imagine riding the haunted mansion 3 times on the bounce using 3 fast passes on the bounce? Universal has been doing this for years! You can prebook their version of fast pass or buy in the park on day of arrival but you only get 1 ride of each ride in the parkes (excluding some of the biggest rides) We are a family of 4 & for only a few $ more we can book a hotel room on Universal property & receive unlimited fast passes on check in day & check out day! You'd be a fool not to do it! You'd also be a fool to think Disney ain't gonna pull this stunt on us all soon. Give them a few months to bed in the new system & they'll start rolling out tiered pricing on the fast passes, granted you'll get brilliant upgrades to your basic fast pass package if you stay on property but it'll cost an arm & a leg. Trust me & get your $ $$$$$$$$ ready coz you gonna need them.

• Minion

Re: My Magic+

MyMagic+ is one of the biggest disasters in Disney theme park history. It has soaked up almost $3 billion and TDO managers are slowly realizing that the system is incredibly flawed and cannot be effectively rolled out.

Plans for its debut in Anaheim have already been completely cancelled.

Just for the record...

• Caesar Lights

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    MyMagic+ is one of the biggest disasters in Disney theme park history. It has soaked up almost $3 billion and TDO managers are slowly realizing that the system is incredibly flawed and cannot be effectively rolled out.

Just for the record...
    I totally agree and hope you are right about DL.

I've had a Disney World Annual pass since 2004 (I live out of state), I've had a Disney Premier Pass for 2 years, I went to the D23 Expo, I've seen Mary Poppins Broadway show more times than should be legal, I usually stay on property and buy merchandise, I am a huge Disney fan.

I can not tell you, how stupid My Magic+ is. Not only do I not like it.. I avoid it all costs! It's a literal disaster. I wish I could go back in time and stop this idea from ever being brought up in some board meeting.

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

I am heading down to Disney in Oct, and am able to take part in the Magic Band and FPP and I too am a little annoyed that I can not book more than 3 rides in a park per day... I understand that the service is still technically in a 'Beta' stage and is slowly rolling out to everyone as to not bog down the servers, but if I am guest coming to your park and you give me this option, I should be allowed to pick as many rides as I want in all of your parks on any given day! If I plan on park hopping each day I am there (and I plan to do that) I should be able to book FPP rides for the parks I plan on hopping too and from...

Oh well, I hope it changes when the service goes wide, but as of right now, I am not liking these restrictions...

• Insomniac

Just for the record...
    I haven't wanted something to be more true since the TRON lightcycle rumors. Please let it never come west.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• former CM

Y'all are gonna love Thomas Staggs' MagicBand 2.0!

10 MagicBand 2.0 Features!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Just for the record...
    What's your source?

• Progressive Disneylander

I wish I shared your enthusiasm about planning my entire vacation out down to the minute months in advance. Personally, I miss the days when I was a kid and we could walk up to a restaurant on the property, be told a wait time like at normal restaurant and then be able to eat there. But I digress....

I took part in the MyMagic+ test in August. They also issue you a regular card when you check in at your resort as well so even though they don't tell you that you can get normal FastPasses with it as well, you can. If I had to rely on just the 3 to 4 FPs that they offer in one park per day via the Magicbands, I'm pretty sure that I would have walked away hating the new FP+ system. And if that's the future of FastPasses in WDW, I'm pretty sure that I will hate it. I just hope it's not coming to DL any time soon.

Yeah, I'm not big on planning things ahead of time. I planned my route in the Magic Kingdom and in EPCOT, but that's about all I have patience for. I was frustrated with the restaurants; even without the magic band planning crowd, everything was booked ahead of time. I managed to get into the tavern in Liberty Square, but that's because I was solo. If I'd had people with me... we wouldn't have gotten a table.

That is disappointing, and I think encouraging people to plan even more will make it worse.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post

That is disappointing, and I think encouraging people to plan even more will make it worse.
    But Wait! For an additional $99.95 a day, you can go on any ride you want, whenever you want!

Uh-huh. Pay, pay, and pay again.

Gee, why did I let my AP lapse???
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Just for the record...
    Not what I'm hearing AT ALL.
    -Bill

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Not what I'm hearing AT ALL.
    Management won't (can't) admit it, but it's a mess. The official "launch" date has been postponed multiple times because it just cannot be effectively rolled out. Guests participating in the testing phase have not been too impressed, either.

Just look at the budget, which is ballooning close to $3 billion (with a "b")!!

I shouldn't have said it was "cancelled" for Anaheim, but it has been put on "indefinite hold" and will probably never come to California.

I shouldn't have said it was "cancelled" for Anaheim, but it has been put on "indefinite hold" and will probably never come to California.
    ​That is excellent news!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Management won't (can't) admit it, but it's a mess. The official "launch" date has been postponed multiple times because it just cannot be effectively rolled out. Guests participating in the testing phase have not been too impressed, either.

Just look at the budget, which is ballooning close to $3 billion (with a "b")!!

I have no idea where you're getting your facts and numbers, but NextGen hasn't even crossed the 2 billion mark yet. It will, but it hasn't gotten there yet... so before we jump the gun and say 3 billion, let's get to 2 billion first.

As far as guest testing, it's actually getting extremely positive feedback in WDW. Guests can see how easy it will be when all is said and done, and they "get" the fact that there are bugs in the major roll-out of anything as technical as this. The guests are actually being very patient... much more than they should be, in all honesty. Walt Disney World's management is extremely happy with how NextGen is turning out... for that very reason.

Now, in California, Anaheim WILL get RFID park entry and door locks on rooms. That much is clear. As far as the cash registers go throughout the resort, well, only time will tell on that one. They don't want to buy the same RFID/card and pin readers that WDW has, as those things are not built well at all. At the same time, they know that the wristbands really do increase guest spending... but so far it's really only been tested with resort guests. Now they have to get data on Annual Pass holders... and if the bands really make sense in Anaheim.

The bottom line: You're going to see some RFID elements of it in Anaheim no matter what.
    -Bill

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast