Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Cars Land plans shelved for DHS

The original D-MGM anticipated a copy of USH and offered a clone of USH minus real filmmaking, movie stars or a storied past. It still doesn't know what it wants to be when it grows up, it's time for a DCA style make over of the whole concept.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

The original D-MGM anticipated a copy of USH and offered a clone of USH minus real filmmaking, movie stars or a storied past. It still doesn't know what it wants to be when it grows up, it's time for a DCA style make over of the whole concept.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

This makes me wonder what about Cars Land is now disappointing the folks at the top.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Taking you to movie themed lands as the focus of the park might help de emphasize this construct in the other WDW parks.

• Progressive Disneylander

I suppose this is good news. Part of me feels that any expansion in the Disney parks would be a good thing, but cloning Cars Land doesn't seem the best way to spend a few hundred million dollars. DHS and Epcot need a lot of investment when it comes to upgrading their current offerings alone. I'm just not sure if it makes sense to build a Cars Land or a Star Wars Land when you have attractions like The Great Movie Ride and the Backlot Tour that desperately need updating.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Star Wars Land is an idea whose time has come, though, I say bring it!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Not building Carsland doesn't mean not building pieces of Carsland... it's not as dead as Robert Niles thinks.
    -Bill

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Personally I don't understand why Disney's rehashing Carsland in Florida, it really is kinda redundant at that point. I want to see something different to make me want to visit both Florida and California
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

This has been killed for the time being.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Source?

• Bangarang!

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    This makes me wonder what about Cars Land is now disappointing the folks at the top.
    I don't think its disappointing anyone. It's probably more likely that TDO balked at the cost (as per usual).
    However you then have to factor in the rumours of Star Wars land, which DHS is in a better position to accommodate, and you can do a lot more if part of the park is not taken up with the nice, but rather large complete recreation of Radiator Springs.

If only TDO can persuede EuroDisney SCA to add something Star Wars-y to Discoveryland and halve the costs.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Well there's always that distinct possibility, both Disney Studios and Disneyland Paris want to expand, but both have management that is averse to spending the capital. And they both have Star Tours attractions and the capacity to grow them into sublands. So why not?

• Bangarang!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    So why not?
    That's the €100m/$100m question.

Its funny that they're both in the position of expansion, one could do it with ease but seemingly is reluctant to do so and the other is in desperate need of it and has to reach down the back of the sofa.

Of course you could argue (as far fetched as it is) that, as a portion of the visitors that visit WDW come from Europe, they may not be keen to allow Paris to have something identical. In some cases they do chase the same vacation dollar.
    I would add the caveat that its unlikely that the addition of 'Le Guerre d'étoiles land' would make any significant dent in the attendance of WDW, but I wouldn't be surprised if the bean counters used it as an excuse.

And as some have already suggested in this thread, Carsland should stay unique to DCA. And there in should be reason enough for TDO to seek out a unique set of attractions... (he says, trying to forget about Avatarland for now).

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Although the 1977 original was dubbed "Guerre des Etoiles", all subsequent Star Wars films and Star Wars everything has been called "Stahh(r) Warzuh" in France

I think if carsland is cloned anywhere it should be in France. Its far enough from California not to dent attendance and could be a great draw for the struggling resort. The Americana Route 66 style theme would work well for an oversea audience who associate Disney with all things red white and blue.

DHS would work better with a unique addition, Star Wars is obvious but Indy would also fit well in the classic Hollywood theme or even the googie styling a of a monsteropolis

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast