Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Mickey icecream sammiches

Re: Cars Land plans shelved for DHS

Quote Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
    I think if carsland is cloned anywhere it should be in France. Its far enough from California not to dent attendance and could be a great draw for the struggling resort. The Americana Route 66 style theme would work well for an oversea audience who associate Disney with all things red white and blue.

DHS would work better with a unique addition, Star Wars is obvious but Indy would also fit well in the classic Hollywood theme
    I totally agree. CarsLand would be cool to share with the European fanbase, and as you mentioned there's enough distance between Paris Disneyland and DLR.

I too would like to see Indiana Jones have a fuller, more exciting presence at DHS. A new, original ride would be great.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I don't really think CARSLAND belongs in a 'movie studio' themed park.

• Cool Yule

Quote Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
    I think if carsland is cloned anywhere it should be in France. Its far enough from California not to dent attendance and could be a great draw for the struggling resort. The Americana Route 66 style theme would work well for an oversea audience who associate Disney with all things red white and blue.
    Well it'd be a darn sight better than Quatre Roues Rallye. And there's plenty of land in WDS to accommodate it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I don't really think CARSLAND belongs in a 'movie studio' themed park.
    Well I guess it doesn't really belong in any park, it sort of fits DCA but in an unusual way.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Going on the "set" of an "ANIMATED MOVIE" - no that doesn't work.

In DCA it's just "part of California" which makes it fit.

My big worry is the rumor that Star Wars Land will level the Muppets attraction. What are the odds, if that happens, that the Muppets could move into the Captain EO theater in EPCOT?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Zero. That would violate the theme of EPCOT.

I won't miss that Muppet attraction; I don't dislike the franchise but that old relic with its animated annoying lead just... Isn't for me.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Zero. That would violate the theme of EPCOT.
    You say that like Disney considers theme to be something tangible that it is possible to violate.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Fair enough

I was going to ask what Finding Nemo has to do with the 'future' in Future World, but it looks like that horse has been beaten already by lazyboy.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It's too bad EPCOT was cartoonized, it was a special place before.

It's too bad EPCOT was cartoonized, it was a special place before.
    I never thought about this before, but yeah, I agree. I preferred it more without the characters mixed in, especially in Future World. Having said that though, I think the ride at Mexico is a sort of "dumbed down" version now (and I love the Three Caballeros). And why do they have Aladdin in Morocco? I'm surprised noone's taken offense to Disney's cultural inaccuracies.

• Cool Yule

Blimey we got this far talking about 'theme violation' without a single utterance of 'Laugh Floor'.

And I agree, Epcot's had a bit too much toon of late, some are done right, but some seem a bit OTT.

As for Muppets, well it'd be a shame if it went and was not replaced, after all the Muppets are popular again.
    What about, if must take that land, creating a new 3D show and house it in Animation Courtyard - the Mermaid show is good and all, but there's a whole dark ride over in MK for those wanting to go 'Under the Sea'.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Over on Jim Hill's site, he's giving a lot of information about why Cars Land is not coming to DHS. He did this in a thread about the "Unleash the Villains" party. In comments on that thread, he got into a very heated discussion with a guy named "Anonymouse" about why Cars Land is not coming to DHS.

Here are the Cliff's Notes of what Jim Hill said:

* the area where Imagineering wanted to build Cars Land is too swampy and boggy and it would not support the weight of Cadillac Ridge

* Imagineering could not figure out how to build Cars Land at DHS in the space they have available considering the water table and the bogginess/swampiness...and Lassiter and Pixar blocked any kind of tiny, watered-down Cars Land. According to Jim's comments, it looks like they at first wanted to do an even grander version of Cars Land at DHS but the ground surveys and things put the kebosh on that

* jim said that Star Wars is definitely coming and that it will feature "Mos Eisley" and "The Moon of Endor" as locations. There was a big fight between Jim and that Anonymouse commenter guy over Star Wars, because Anonymouse said they are building the Coruscant city-planet and Jim said no. Jim said that it's just going to be the desert planet with the Cantina (Tatooine is the planet and Mos Eisley is the city on the planet) and Endor (where the little Ewoks live).

* Jim did not say what rides would be included in Star Wars but he did indicate that the Cantina will be there

* Jim said that Avatar is moving ahead rapidly and that Disney is aware that the Hogwart's Express is going to be a big hit and they want Star Wars and Avatar to be fantastic as a result.

The way he made it sound it seems like there will be no Cars Land at all at DHS in any form.

I think this is great news. Let it be a DCA exclusive. And let the Star Wars Land be an exclusive to DHS until the far future when a third park is built in Anaheim and then it can have a different flavor of Star Wars land of its own.

Quote Originally Posted by BradyNBradleysMom View Post
    Over on Jim Hill's site, he's giving a lot of information about why Cars Land is not coming to DHS. He did this in a thread about the "Unleash the Villains" party. In comments on that thread, he got into a very heated discussion with a guy named "Anonymouse" about why Cars Land is not coming to DHS.

Here are the Cliff's Notes of what Jim Hill said:

* the area where Imagineering wanted to build Cars Land is too swampy and boggy and it would not support the weight of Cadillac Ridge

* Imagineering could not figure out how to build Cars Land at DHS in the space they have available considering the water table and the bogginess/swampiness...and Lassiter and Pixar blocked any kind of tiny, watered-down Cars Land. According to Jim's comments, it looks like they at first wanted to do an even grander version of Cars Land at DHS but the ground surveys and things put the kebosh on that

* jim said that Star Wars is definitely coming and that it will feature "Mos Eisley" and "The Moon of Endor" as locations. There was a big fight between Jim and that Anonymouse commenter guy over Star Wars, because Anonymouse said they are building the Coruscant city-planet and Jim said no. Jim said that it's just going to be the desert planet with the Cantina (Tatooine is the planet and Mos Eisley is the city on the planet) and Endor (where the little Ewoks live).

* Jim did not say what rides would be included in Star Wars but he did indicate that the Cantina will be there

* Jim said that Avatar is moving ahead rapidly and that Disney is aware that the Hogwart's Express is going to be a big hit and they want Star Wars and Avatar to be fantastic as a result.

The way he made it sound it seems like there will be no Cars Land at all at DHS in any form.

I think this is great news. Let it be a DCA exclusive. And let the Star Wars Land be an exclusive to DHS until the far future when a third park is built in Anaheim and then it can have a different flavor of Star Wars land of its own.
    Thank you for all the info BradyNBradleysMom! This is great news and great insight, thank you for sharing it here!

Quote Originally Posted by BradyNBradleysMom View Post

I've been reading the back and forth between Jim Hill and Anonymouse (haven't finished it all, quite long posts!) and i have to say it's all very stimulating conversation/opinions. I'm actually totally down for Anonymouse's ideas for a 5th Gate at Walt Disney World. I think MiceChatters would enjoy reading all this, check it out...

How Mark Renfrow brewed up "Unleashed the Villains" for Disney's Hollywood Studios

(scroll down to the comments section and check out Anonymouse's posts and the Editor's Note responses)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast