Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Re: Cars Land plans shelved for DHS

First post. Wooo!

If I'm Disney, the best way to plus DHS is to use known commodities to expand something that's underdeveloped but already exists. While Star Wars would do this fine, but personally Im looking at the other side of the park. There's no reason why Pixar Place should be a single ride and an open air gift shop. Expanding over there will also limit waits on TSM. You could take so many different angles to add to this area. Theres Crush's Coaster, which would be imported from Paris (cost effective), has a movie coming out in a few years (cross promotion), and is an E ticket ride in itself (people will actually enjoy riding it). I'd assume at this point in time, with the Monsters U movie having come and gone without being that great that the Monsters Inc. Coaster is officially dead. Retheming the playground to Bugs Life is a very easy switch, and would turn the area into something far more relevant to kids today. You wouldn't need to change a single thing inside of the playground because being shrunk to the size of a bug in an outdoor environment makes enough sense already. I'd call those 2 additions the most logical things to do, and then there's a billion things that fans would love to see that will always remain Blue Sky (RSR replacing stunt show, Monstropolis replacing backlot, Incredibles themed simulator, etc.). Financially this probably makes no sense at all, but a direct trade of One Man's Dream for the laugh floor would make both attractions fit in better (Monsters Inc in Pixar Place for obvious reasons, and having One Man's Dream relatively close to Main Street).

After all of that, the big difference is adding an E ticket thrill ride to DHS, which is good enough to keep the park relevant.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Big bear hug to ursaguy

• Banned User

very well said ursaguy.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Very good points and welcome ursaguy!!!
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• failure for lunch

Quote Originally Posted by ursaguy View Post
    Retheming the playground to Bugs Life is a very easy switch, and would turn the area into something far more relevant to kids today.
    Is 'A Bugs Life' really relevant to kids today??
    Bullets for Breakfast
    Join the party. Face the music.

Today I saw that the site WDWNewsToday.com was talking about Disney buying Lord of the Rings for DHS and that this wipes out any chance of a large Cars presence. I've seen in a lot of reports that DHS would be getting Star Wars and "something else", and Lord of the Rings would fit.

If you think about it, Disney won't let Universal get the rights to Lord of the Rings the way some idiot at Disney allowed Universal to get Harry Potter. I think Isner will spend whatever it takes to get Middle Earth (though it will never be as charming as Potter). I heard somewhere else that Universal will be getting World of Warcraft, which is kind of a more cartoony version of Lord of the Rings.

I feel like this will happen. Yes, the Tolkien family seems hard to work with and very disagreeable...but the also allowed Denny's to use Lord of the Rings for a breakfast promotion thing. So, the Tolkiens of today might not be as resistant to Disney buying the theme park rights as Tolkien himself was so long ago.

I think Lord of the Rings could be enchanting in DHS. A medieval/magic area...and the space area of Star Wars. Bump up the Pixar area with some really great new attractions for kids and DHS becomes a really, really cool place.

Quote Originally Posted by manifest View Post
    I think "A Bug's Life" is much better than the old Honey I Shrunk the Kids. But the whole area needs some love, and some new attractions. I also think the Bugs area at DCA is in need of replacing. I'd love to see that area be taken over by Cars and turned into a Cars-inspired Autopia type ride, where kids could ride baby cars.

The "Bugs" characters are cute and I think a play area with the bugs characters could be built alongside a Toy Story area. Since the guests would be the size of bugs, and roughly the size of the toys too.

Quote Originally Posted by BradyNBradleysMom View Post
    Today I saw that the site WDWNewsToday.com was talking about Disney buying Lord of the Rings for DHS and that this wipes out any chance of a large Cars presence. I've seen in a lot of reports that DHS would be getting Star Wars and "something else", and Lord of the Rings would fit.

If you think about it, Disney won't let Universal get the rights to Lord of the Rings the way some idiot at Disney allowed Universal to get Harry Potter. I think Isner will spend whatever it takes to get Middle Earth (though it will never be as charming as Potter). I heard somewhere else that Universal will be getting World of Warcraft, which is kind of a more cartoony version of Lord of the Rings.

I feel like this will happen. Yes, the Tolkien family seems hard to work with and very disagreeable...but the also allowed Denny's to use Lord of the Rings for a breakfast promotion thing. So, the Tolkiens of today might not be as resistant to Disney buying the theme park rights as Tolkien himself was so long ago.

I think Lord of the Rings could be enchanting in DHS. A medieval/magic area...and the space area of Star Wars. Bump up the Pixar area with some really great new attractions for kids and DHS becomes a really, really cool place.
    I think LOTR would have been a better fit at Animal Kingdom as it fits the mythical section much better than Avatar and is based on classic literature. DHS would be a good second choice though

Quote Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
    I think LOTR would have been a better fit at Animal Kingdom as it fits the mythical section much better than Avatar and is based on classic literature. DHS would be a good second choice though
    Hmmmm. You know what movie/book would REALLY have been great at Animal Kingdom? The Last Unicorn.

That book was made into a 1970s cartoon movie, with Mia Farrow as the unicorn (I think). It's on Amazon for free to watch for Prime members. Besides unicorns, the movie has all sorts of other mythical creatures in it...including a traveling circus with all sort of animals enchanted to look like mythical creatures (but really it was just the circus owners tricking people into thinking an old lion was really a manticore etc.).

There's a castle by an ocean...a bull made of fire...a pirate's skeleton ghost...all sorts of really imaginative things that would have been great in an attraction.

I also think they should have build an area of DAK devoted to Hercules and have all the monsters and creatures from Greek myths.

Quote Originally Posted by manifest View Post
    I don't think Disney will invest into DHS beyond Star Wars. Recent actions tell me they'll be as cheap as possible, and there's an area to retheme directly next to Toy Story. Replacing signage would take 2 weeks at most. I think the real question here is "is A Bugs Life really more relevant to kids today than the HIST series?", and that answer is a resounding yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ursaguy View Post
    I don't think Disney will invest into DHS beyond Star Wars. Recent actions tell me they'll be as cheap as possible, and there's an area to retheme directly next to Toy Story. Replacing signage would take 2 weeks at most. I think the real question here is "is A Bugs Life really more relevant to kids today than the HIST series?", and that answer is a resounding yes.
    Recent actions like Cars Land?

How was that done on the cheap?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456