Disney Research paper!

Does anyone have any ideas for a 6-8 paged research paper on Disney? The assignment was to pick an important date in US history and write about it. I was thinking of writing about the start of wdw, how it became a huge industry and how it still impacts the us today and represents family. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Disney Research paper!

Keep your topic tight and simple and concise or you will end up writing a novel - I'd suggest that the opening of Disneyland in California - an unproven concept that cost Mr. Disney every cent he had to open - might make a more interesting Disney themed story.

Oh and good luck, and wait until your grade before sharing any of your writing assignment with us online.

• formerly very helpful

Agreed. I was immediately thinking July 17, 1955 as a date in history to focus on. Also, Disneyland's opening will include the direct involvement of Walt, which could add to the impact of your paper, IMO.

• Heavy Breather

I think Disneyland was a much greater achievement. So that would be perfect

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It's hard to tell the story of Disney World without the story of DisneyLAND and Walt was dead by the time Roy opened WDW.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

You really can't tell the story of WDW without also telling the story of Disneyland. I would focus on Disneyland's opening and then conclude as to why what was going on with Disneyland compelled Walt to build a huge resort out in Florida.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

I love Disney just as much as anyone on this site,but I am also a licensed teacher. What class is this for? Be sure to approve it with your teacher. Not everyone would agree that the founding of Disneyland is an important date in American history.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    You really can't tell the story of WDW without also telling the story of Disneyland. I would focus on Disneyland's opening and then conclude as to why what was going on with Disneyland compelled Walt to build a huge resort out in Florida.
    Except it wasn't Walt who really wanted the Resort in Florida. The road to Florida OSA. Very twisted, tangled path. A compelling book that isn't much explored, but likely way too much for a school paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    I love Disney just as much as anyone on this site,but I am also a licensed teacher. What class is this for? Be sure to approve it with your teacher. Not everyone would agree that the founding of Disneyland is an important date in American history.
    Kicking off a multimillion dollar global industry while impacting architecture, culture, historic preservation and more is not important?

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

I never said that lazyboy970. There are teachers who will not approve this assignment. They will insist it be viable in their own eyes. Another reason why I asked what class this is for. Economics? History? Political science? I am not trying to be a downer or dissuade the OP from the topic, I would just hate if the OP did a lot of research only to find the topic wasn't going to be approved by the teacher.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• formerly very helpful

Attic Haunt brings up a very good point. Not saying it won't work. Just a good idea to get t he teacher's approval first.

The person can definitely ask for the teachers approval, but the OP shouldn't be too worried of them accepting it, especially if you do your research and write it in a brilliant way.

When I had to do a research paper in high school that had to be 5-6 pages long I done it on the Beatles. I got an A and the teacher definitely improved. She even suggested I become part of the Literary Magazine.

So, yes, they can ask the teacher if it's appropriate, but the OP shouldn't worry too much about their idea being shot down.

Besides, for Economics I done the big project of the year on Disney and got an A and definitely think it kept the crowd more interested than anything else other people covered.