View Poll Results: What's the worst Disney park in the world? Vote4more than1 & comment, please.

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom at WDW

5 4.35%
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios at WDW

18 15.65%
  • Hong Kong Disneyland

5 4.35%
  • Disneyland Park (Paris)

8 6.96%
  • Walt Disney Studio Park (Paris)

82 71.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• former CM

Re: What's Disney's worst park on Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    It won't have any validity because you limited the voting options to your own selections.
    CaliforniaAdventurer, congrats on writing 37K+ posts, but now please read posts #5 & 9 above that I wrote to you--or just this one--before you make the same point that you've already made on three posts on this thread. For my third time answering you (see posts 5 & 9) I had to limit voting options since there are 11 Disney theme parks and only room for 10 options to vote for.

If I'd excluded just one park, I'd have increased the likelihood of an off-topic debate about what is the one best park that should have been excluded. So I included just the parks that I thought currently had the best shot at being THE one top vote getter for "the worst."
    Last edited by jcruise86; 09-28-2013 at 05:32 AM. Reason: typo

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    I was thinking along the same lines. A little over a year ago DCA would have been a top on that list by a lot of people. What I don't like about these kind of polls is worst at what? Worst food? Customer service? Rides? Prices? Could change based on what is worst.
    Feel free to make a series of polls about food, service, attractions, etc.

And yes, what is considered the worst can change.

• Sock Puppet

Shocked, shocked I say to discover TylerDurden would pick a DLR park. Man, are you in marketing or did your mom design WDW by any chance. You take this whole WDW o er anything DLR thing so seriously and personally and I haven't even been on these web sites very long. I saw somewhere where you argued that Pirates at DL wasn't really better than WDW version and was just myth. I think you kinda discredited yourself as a WDW fanboy and homer with that one.
    I vacation at WDW far more than DL and have a timeshare at Marriott Grande Vista. I love WDW. However, there is no way in hell that DCA is the worst Disney Park on the planet, which is the topic, although you chose to sort of change the argument to be able to bash DLR. I know you probably get frustrated by all of the DLR love on the blogs because most of the members are DL loyalists, but don't take it so personally against WDW. The Studios in its current shape is absolutely awful. Of our last 3 vacations to Orlando, we haven't even spent 1 minute in the park. Also, while on the first few visits to AK, you are amazed by the park and the beauty of the vegetation everywhere. But after that, with every visit you realize how little there is to do and for some reason the park just isn't as beautiful to me as it first was. I think it was just how completely different the park was when it first opened that made it so incredible. Also the tree is amazing and Disney pulling off something like Kilimanjaro was mind boggling. But, the rest of the park kinda sucks. Albeit the natural setting is AMAZING. I also think they should have themed the interior portions of EE more elaborately. It just hasn't held up for me as a must do at the resort.
    Also, you must have never been to the Studios park in Paris. I can have fun at any Disney or Universal park, but it is very, very poorly executed.
    one thing you can say about DCA, and I see a lot of people now rating it the best stateside 2nd gate, is that it is a BEAUTIFUL park with CarsLand and The Grizzly area and the attraction lineup is VERY strong when compared to every other park than DL.
    The biggest advantage of having just 2 parks is that DLR parks just plane get more rides.
    look at DCA for example.
    Soarin is in EPCOT, TOT and Midway Mania are at the Studios, Little Mermaid is at MK and the raft ride and ITTBAB are at Hollywood Studios.
    Well, all of those rides and attractions are in DCA alone.
    This is the main reason I don't want a 5th gate in Orlando.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Disney Studios in Paris is still in that infancy stage - they were contractually obligated to open a second park but they did it on the cheap - like DCA.

For a long time DCA was just free with your annual pass. That's how it works in Paris.

DCA is a stand alone destination now, WDS isn't.

Surprisingly, some of my French twentysomething friends prefer it to Disneyland Paris, because it has more thrills.

• Rock The World

To avoid any further arguments, would it be possible to amend the poll to include ten parks (eg. all except DL or Tokyo DisneySea) but specify that anyone wanting to vote fir this 'missing' park can simply do so by listing it in their post? And maybe, just to add a little depth, invite people to explain exactly WHY they dislike a particular park and offer some suggestions for realistic improvements.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLRDAD View Post
    Shocked, shocked I say to discover TylerDurden would pick a DLR park. Man, are you in marketing or did your mom design WDW by any chance. You take this whole WDW o er anything DLR thing so seriously and personally and I haven't even been on these web sites very long. I saw somewhere where you argued that Pirates at DL wasn't really better than WDW version and was just myth. I think you kinda discredited yourself as a WDW fanboy and homer with that one.
    I vacation at WDW far more than DL and have a timeshare at Marriott Grande Vista. I love WDW. However, there is no way in hell that DCA is the worst Disney Park on the planet, which is the topic, although you chose to sort of change the argument to be able to bash DLR. I know you probably get frustrated by all of the DLR love on the blogs because most of the members are DL loyalists, but don't take it so personally against WDW. The Studios in its current shape is absolutely awful. Of our last 3 vacations to Orlando, we haven't even spent 1 minute in the park. Also, while on the first few visits to AK, you are amazed by the park and the beauty of the vegetation everywhere. But after that, with every visit you realize how little there is to do and for some reason the park just isn't as beautiful to me as it first was. I think it was just how completely different the park was when it first opened that made it so incredible. Also the tree is amazing and Disney pulling off something like Kilimanjaro was mind boggling. But, the rest of the park kinda sucks. Albeit the natural setting is AMAZING. I also think they should have themed the interior portions of EE more elaborately. It just hasn't held up for me as a must do at the resort.
    Also, you must have never been to the Studios park in Paris. I can have fun at any Disney or Universal park, but it is very, very poorly executed.
    one thing you can say about DCA, and I see a lot of people now rating it the best stateside 2nd gate, is that it is a BEAUTIFUL park with CarsLand and The Grizzly area and the attraction lineup is VERY strong when compared to every other park than DL.
    The biggest advantage of having just 2 parks is that DLR parks just plane get more rides.
    look at DCA for example.
    Soarin is in EPCOT, TOT and Midway Mania are at the Studios, Little Mermaid is at MK and the raft ride and ITTBAB are at Hollywood Studios.
    Well, all of those rides and attractions are in DCA alone.
    This is the main reason I don't want a 5th gate in Orlando.
    This made me laugh. I love DLR. It's one of my favorite places to visit in the world. I even mentioned in my post that I love DCA. However, out of the Disney parks I have been to (haven't been to France) I would consider DCA the "worst" (again, I still love it) just because of a myriad of issues it has when compared to the other parks I've visited. That's not to say its bad, just not up to the standards of what I personally consider a solid Disney park.

Maybe it would make you feel better to know I think Disneyland is the best.

i think you need to calm down and take a break from the boards for a bit. I haven't taken anything seriously OR personally at all...you seem quite a bit offended, however, and that's just no fun for anyone. It's just a theme park discussion dude....

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    To avoid any further arguments, would it be possible to amend the poll to include ten parks (eg. all except DL or Tokyo DisneySea) but specify that anyone wanting to vote fir this 'missing' park can simply do so by listing it in their post? And maybe, just to add a little depth, invite people to explain exactly WHY they dislike a particular park and offer some suggestions for realistic improvements.
    This is a good idea. I personally picked DCA because for one, I haven't been to Paris. Secondly, it's still a disjointed theme park that lacks a good layout or theme. While the same can be said about DHS, I personally enjoy the movie backlot theme and can get behind a whole park based around that. I also enjoy how DHS highlights all major components of production. DCA has really lost the California vibe more than DHS has lost it's moviemaking vibe. Cars Land, while beautiful, seems tacked on, and I am very much against lands based on singular franchises.

But the biggest problem to me are the sigh lines. Even from Cars Land, you can see the power lines outside of the park. Tower of Terror ruins parts of Cars Land and BVS. Parts of Paradise Pier are somewhat aesthetically unpleasant. And in PP, Anaheim is more visible than any sign of Disney theming.

Again, this is all my opinion, and I really love DCA...but it still has its issues that the other parks do not have, which outweigh their flaws in my eyes.

• Sock Puppet

And Dinoland doesn't seem tacked on? For me it is the most out of place, vastly different area from the rest of the park of any area in any Disney park.
    Also, where do you actually figure in quality and number of attractions to the argument? In that department, Hollywood Studios and AK aren't that far ahead of of The Studios Park in Paris. Hopefully that is going to change with Avatar and Star Wars. I can't wait, even though I would definitely rather see something in AK besides Avatar. This will REALLY get me excited about WDW again which has become soooooo stale for us. On our last trip over Thanksgiving, Universal was by far the most fun we had. I'm past ready for something major beside a new DVC to hit the Orlando parks. I'm very excited to see what happens. Unfortunately, it looks like the DLR is going to get another large investment before WDW sees anything new.
    Also, I think I'm the only person actually excited about Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I love a themed coaster and especially one my whole family can ride together. I think this attraction is going to surprise a lot of people.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    This made me laugh. I love DLR. It's one of my favorite places to visit in the world . . . haven't been to France) I would consider DCA the "worst" (again, I still love it). . . Maybe it would make you feel better to know I think Disneyland is the best. . .
    Tyler, I like the enthusiasm. Do not go to the Walt Disney Studio Park next to Disneyland Paris. It might ruin your perfect record of loving all Disney parks.

I've liked DCA from my first visit the year it opened for two reasons:
    1. I went in with extremely low expectations, so Soarin', the rapids, the smoothness of California Screamin' and the view of the ferris wheel all happily surprised me. And the Grand Californian--where we love to hang out even though we've never stayed there--is practically part of the park. I also love the whole animation building, especially the lobby, but was that there the year DCA opened?
    2. I never did go on Superstar Limo, which--from the video I've seen on Youtube--is the worst ride in Disney history.

And now there's Carsland, Aladdin, and the World of Color. So like you, Tyler, I love DCA. (Sorry you felt bashed when you were actually pretty upbeat.)

As far as theming, maybe DCA's name should be changed to Disney's Incongruous Menagerie, just so we can refer to the DIM Imagineers. Actually, I really like each land in DCA so maybe Disney should just say, "We're doing our best with what we inherited from Pressler & Post-Wells Eisner, so it's mainly Disney's California Adventure because it's in California. We know theme is a weak point of this park, but here's an RSR Fastpass and a couple of drink coupons so you can view the park through beer goggles."

I would like DCA's ToT replaced with a better attraction because it annoys me that it lacks WDW's hallway and always reminds me of how much better the older HM is. Yes, theme parks have made me more mature.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Disney Studios in Paris is still in that infancy stage - . . . DCA is a stand alone destination now, WDS isn't. . .
    This WDS "infant" in Paris is over 11 years old, just 13 months younger than DCA. DCA's puberty is like Disneyland's (circa '67) or WDW's in the early 80s--pretty impressive. (And how nice for Tokyo that its parks are the only Disney parks to never need rehabilitation.)

Always practically perfect: Tokyo
    Impressively upgraded & currently excellent: Anaheim (Ignore Tomorrowland, please.)
    In need of restoration more extensive than the MK's new Fantasyland: WDW & Paris.

• Minion

And Dinoland doesn't seem tacked on? For me it is the most out of place, vastly different area from the rest of the park of any area in any Disney park.
    Also, where do you actually figure in quality and number of attractions to the argument? In that department, Hollywood Studios and AK aren't that far ahead of of The Studios Park in Paris. Hopefully that is going to change with Avatar and Star Wars. I can't wait, even though I would definitely rather see something in AK besides Avatar. This will REALLY get me excited about WDW again which has become soooooo stale for us. On our last trip over Thanksgiving, Universal was by far the most fun we had. I'm past ready for something major beside a new DVC to hit the Orlando parks. I'm very excited to see what happens. Unfortunately, it looks like the DLR is going to get another large investment before WDW sees anything new.
    Also, I think I'm the only person actually excited about Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I love a themed coaster and especially one my whole family can ride together. I think this attraction is going to surprise a lot of people.
    Yep, Dinoland sucks but its attached to arguably one of the most beautifully-executed parks on the planet. Animal Kingdom is gorgeous beyond that, yet I'm still a sucker for Dinosaur.

Do DHS and DAK have less rides than DCA? Yes. But where in DCA can you observe live animals in authentic habitats? People who call DAK a half-day park aren't appreciative of the environment Disney created. You could easily spend a full day looking at animals alone (ever heard of a zoo?), and exploring trails. The rides they do have are top-notch, excluding Dino-Rama, and enhance the overall experience rather than take away from it.

DHS is harder to defend but I've spent the whole day there before a loved every second of it, not feeling bored once. But I'm a sucker for the movie backlot theme so this may be chalked up to bias. Still, it's not like DCA obliterates DHS' attraction count with high quality rides...a majority of rides at DCA are carnival rides. Lets compare E-tickets:
    -RnRC=Screamin
    -Superior ToT=Inferior ToT
    -TSMM=TSMM
    -Star Tours=Soarin
    RSR has no comparison, but neither does the criminally-underrated Great Movie Ride. I also love the stunt shows DHS offers.

I see DCA's merits, its just my opinion (again, no need to get offended) that its numerous issues don't make up for all the good things it has going for it.

As someone who has visited all 11 parks within the last 8 months... the answer is WDS. I'm curious if anyone has actually been to WDS and would not rank it first?

It's just like asking what the best Disney Park worldwide is. Realistically the only acceptable answers are Tokyo Disney Sea or Disneyland. Nostalgia, a gluttony of attractions and better merch being Disneyland's true edge.

Let's be fair though, WDS is not really a Disney theme park, it is a temporary travelling carnival since EuroDisney was forced to build something there. There is no permanency and it shows.

Sure lots of other Disney parks have their problems, but there are certainly elements worth saving. There is not a single thing in WDS that couldn't be bulldozed or at least packed away in storage to be redeployed in a more sensible cohesive way.

• Sock Puppet

TylerDurden, when directly comparing DCAs ride count vs's DHS, you left off GRR, an e-ticket and arguably the best raft ride on the planet and considerably better than the raft ride at AK. You also left off 2 good, fantasyland style dark rides in MONSTERS INC. and Little Mermaid which is currently extremely popular at WDW. Also, Maters is a very good Disney level of spinner, equal in experience to the Tea Cups or Dumbo. So you see, DCA,s attraction count is VASTLY superior to DHS.

• Minion

TylerDurden, when directly comparing DCAs ride count vs's DHS, you left off GRR, an e-ticket and arguably the best raft ride on the planet and considerably better than the raft ride at AK. You also left off 2 good, fantasyland style dark rides in MONSTERS INC. and Little Mermaid which is currently extremely popular at WDW. Also, Maters is a very good Disney level of spinner, equal in experience to the Tea Cups or Dumbo. So you see, DCA,s attraction count is VASTLY superior to DHS.
    But the sight lines and coherency at DHS are vastly superior to DCA's...in PP, you see more of Anaheim than you do Disney theming. That's a huge problem in my book, that none of the Florida parks have.

I also prefer the dining at DHS, it's my second-favorite lineup of restaurants besides Epcot.

Furthermore, the attractions I did compare are superior to their DCA counterparts...RnRC is better than Screamin, ToT at DHS is better, Star Tours is better than Soarin (a shell of its former self), TSMM at DHS has a superior queue, and GMR blows the dark rides at DCA out of the water. The Muppets also has a better theatre at DHS. Cars Land is great and has no comparison, but its a land based off of one franchise which I still think is a mistake, and there are many issues with the sight lines inside when not facing RSR (again, a problem nonexistent at the WDW parks).

Also, just because there are a lot of shows at DHS in lieu of rides doesn't mean it's lacking. LMA and Indy are more thrilling than Mater or the other carnival rides at DCA, IMO. The Walf Disney walk through is also unique and very neat.

DCA is by no means a bad park, but I think it has a lot of fundamental issues that aren't present at DHS.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I didn't think the Tokyo parks and the two at the Anaheim resort really had a shot at winning this,
    and EPCOT is still at least a shadow of it's magnificent former self,
    and the MK's 17 million visitors can't be wrong on a poll in the WDW section.

What's unfair is the depression I felt after I paid admission to enter Disney's Paris studios park.

I guess if I had created a "Best Saturday Night Live cast member of all time" poll, I'd have "unfairly" left off Chris Kattan, even though he was talented and funny, and if I discussed greatest NFL franchises of all time, the [insert team with fewest crazy fans] might not have been on the list.
    There are 11 Disney Parks and only up 10 ten poll options, so at least one had to go.

I don't really see now anyone who's been the the Paris studios park could vote for another. It's the only Disney park I don't like, and I hate it. I'm talkin' a Roger Ebert's review of Rob Reiner's "North" level of hatred.

I suggest reading the review. Here's an excerpt: "I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it."

Roger Ebert Reviews North - YouTube

(A better clip would be Belzer, then Rob Reiner himself, reading Ebert's North review at a Rob Reiner roast, but I didn't come across that.)

I cannot believe your getting heat for this. Your list is fine. The topic was select the worst Disney Park and not rank all the Disney parks. In selecting the worst one, clearly a handful of them would not be considerable. I thought your list was fine. I prob would have even left off DAK.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast