View Poll Results: What's the worst Disney park in the world? Vote4more than1 & comment, please.

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom at WDW

5 4.35%
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios at WDW

18 15.65%
  • Hong Kong Disneyland

5 4.35%
  • Disneyland Park (Paris)

8 6.96%
  • Walt Disney Studio Park (Paris)

82 71.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• former CM

Re: What's Disney's worst park on Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLo View Post
    As someone who has visited all 11 parks within the last 8 months... the answer is WDS. I'm curious if anyone has actually been to WDS and would not rank it first?
    . . .
    I'm with you, Brian! Pretty cool you visited all 11 parks in 8 months.
    Now singing: I wanna be like you-oo-oo!

Kidgenie, THANK YOU for your post
    #30 before this one!

A problem can't be solved till it's recognized, and with this poll I wanted someone at Disney who cares (maybe an Imagineer who cares enough to read Micechat) to hear from some Disney fans.

I think the best solution for Disney parks would be to bring back Universal's Steve Burke to be Disney's CEO and hire Matt Ouimet to run Disney's outdoor entertainment division. Neither of these impressive former Disney executives might want to leave their current gigs.
    (Steve is the quick builder of Universal Orlando's ambitious Harry Potter areas and Matt saved Disneyland for its 50th anniversary and now runs Cedar Fair.)

• Rock The World

I appreciate your intention, but I can promise you that Disney realise they have a serious flop on their hands with WDS Paris. It's the least visited Disney park on the planet and has been losing money since day one. They'd love to fix it and have drawn up several master plans over the years but their hands have been tied when it comes to finances. Now that the Walt Disney Company have bought the resort's debt , we're hopefully on the road to recovery and the park will really start to expand.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

I don't know too mush about DLS Paris , the only info I could find was about the toy story area

What's so wrong about the park?

Everything. The only water in the entire park is a small fountain in the entrance plaza. The moon has more atmosphere.

Name:  col_remember-6-10.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  49.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    Everything. The only water in the entire park is a small fountain in the entrance plaza. The moon has more atmosphere.

Name:  col_remember-6-10.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  49.0 KB
    Wow! that's the hole entry plaza? looks pretty rancid

At first I thought DLS was a section of DLP , then I read it was a separete park and tried to look for info on it but it only showed the toy story expasion

I've been to 9 of the 11 parks (everywhere except California) and I would say WDS is by far the 'least good'. However, it's a difficult thing to say, because it does have some great attractions (Tower of Terror, Rock and Rollercoaster, Cinemagique, Crush's Coaster). It's just the theming of the whole park is nowhere near what you'd expect from a Disney park. The atmosphere is reminiscent of a parking lot. It's like a third-rate regional park with a handful of Disney attractions thrown in.

At least it is right next door to DLP, so it can be treated as just another land and you can park-hop between the two easily. If it was some distance away, like the parks are in WDW, then it would never have survived this long without some serious changes.

Ratatouille will be great, but the whole park needs some serious place-making like they did with DCA. I can't help thinking that in its current form, it actually damages the Disney brand.

There's an interesting comparison with HKDL (before the recent new lands). Like WDS, that is(was) very small, with very few attractions. BUT the park is beautiful, interesting, has the 'Disney atmosphere' and is a great place to spend some time. Whereas WDS is not the kind of place where you'd want to sit on a bench and take in the atmosphere.

• former CM

^ Exactly.

• former CM

I hope Shanghai Disneyland will not receive votes if it's listed on a poll like this in a few years.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 11-07-2013 at 06:39 PM.

I have to agree with everything above that has been said about WDS. It has some great rides, but there is really no atmosphere. I expect to find magic at a disneypark, there is no magic at the WDS once you get through the gate. I really hope they come up with a masterplan to fix this. Hopefully the WDC will be able to bring some magic to this park.

• former CM

What's Disney's worst park on Earth?

Welcome to Micechat, Stitch2002!

You're off to a great start because you share my opinion on Paris' Walt Disney Studio Park!

Why have so many of you voted for Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World?
    Although this thread indicates that the studios in Paris are worse, Disney's Florida studios park is clearly second in the derisive laughing place of shame on this thread. Why?
    Maybe it's because I'm a movie-loving cinema school grad, or maybe it's because I LOVE the Walt exhibit, the hallway you ride down in that Tower of Terror, the Indy stunt show, and all the movie stuff including the Great Movie Ride,
    OR maybe it's because I never saw the inferior climactic boat celebration in Fantasmic,
    OR maybe it's because I haven't been there in over 10 years and it hasn't been kept up (Is that true?), but
    I liked this park. Please explain to me what needs to be fixed there.
    At least this studios park made me feel like I was in a Disney park, which cannot be said of Paris' hideous, barren, depressing studios park.
    I'd guess the reason it received so many votes (though at this time less than 25% of the votes that The Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris received: 62 to 15 at this point), is because this thread is in the WDW section and many readers haven't seen the depressing mess in Paris.

Maybe Disneyland Paris' proximity to Paris, the most beautiful major city in the world, makes one judge the studios more harshly. Fortunately there's no third-rate "Disney park" like Paris' studios next to San Francisco.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-19-2013 at 05:05 AM.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by steve76 View Post
    Ratatouille will be great, but the whole park needs some serious place-making like they did with DCA.
    That is sure. DCA wasn't fixed with just on new attraction, they redid a lot of the park.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

[QUOTE=jcruise86;1057045385] Welcome to Micechat, Stitch2002!

You're off to a great start because you share my opinion on Paris' Walt Disney Studio Park!

Thanks, lol!
    I don't think the Rat will change the vibe you get inside the WDS, allthough I think it will be a great ride

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    It seems like we are picking the least favorite out of your least favorites...I would've gone with DCA. I love it, but it's technically "the worst".
    Clearly you haven't been to WDS Paris. I'm not even joking or trying to make a point. If you didn't vote for DSP you do not have enough information to vote in this poll.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• former CM

^ ^ I'm sure a lot of Tokyo Disney Sea fans feel that way about the voting for the BEST Disney park on that thread. Apparently it's pretty good, though I doubt the atmosphere (gardening, architecture, etc) can compare with Six Flags Magic Mountain. Just kidding!
    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-05-2013 at 03:52 PM.

I haven't been to a Disney park outside of the US so I can't judge those. For want it's worth EPCOT is really sterile/ugly and boring and so spread out. I don't even really like World Showcase that much because I've traveled a lot and frankly I have never felt like I was even close to being in those countries. If they had more attractions maybe but I find it kind of lame. I don't really care for Animal Kingdom only because I just do not get the whole zoo/theme park thing. Don't get me wrong there are some nice things in the park and I love animals but I'd rather it be either a wild animal park or a theme park but not both. 3rd worst US park would be Hollywood Studios. The park has some really good attractions but the whole fake movie studio theme doesn't do for me. I don't care for USF for the same reason.
    Last edited by Mark Wilkinson; 12-06-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast