View Poll Results: What's the worst Disney park in the world? Vote4more than1 & comment, please.

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom at WDW

5 4.35%
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios at WDW

18 15.65%
  • Hong Kong Disneyland

5 4.35%
  • Disneyland Park (Paris)

8 6.96%
  • Walt Disney Studio Park (Paris)

82 71.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• former CM

What's Disney's worst park on Earth?

I've been reading some mixed reviews about the current state of
    Disney's Animal Kingdom
    and Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World,
    and about the stagnant Disneyland Park outside of Paris,
    and the too small Hong Kong Disneyland,
    but I can't imagine that any Disney park is as bad as the ugly, cheap Walt Disney Studios Park outside of Paris. I thought it was beyond repair.

What do you think is the worst Disney park in the world? Please add your comments and feel free to vote for more than one park if you think it's a close call.

• Rock The World

Re: What's Disney's worst park on Earth?

I had to vote for the Walt Disney Studios Park - the smallest and least visited Disney park on the planet. The park that opened with only nine attractions. The park that very nearly closed its doors during its first winter as visitor numbers were so low (fewer than 1000 people through the turnstiles on the slowest day). It's the park that makes DCA 1.0 look like Tokyo DisneySea - cramped, ugly, unthemed and hampered by an appallingly ill-conceived layout that makes future expansion a real pain in the neck.

However, as a former DLP Cast Member who actually worked in the park, I will add the following qualification... I quite like the place. It has some truly world class attractions, several of which cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Cinémagique is smart, surprising and funny. Crush's Coaster is a brilliant coaster/dark ride hybrid and a bit of a departure from the Disney norm. Our version of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is head and shoulders above the Floridian original. The entrance plaza (modelled on Walt's Hyperion studio complex) is gorgeous. And the new Ratatouille mini-land and E-ticket dark ride opening next year looks like it could be up there with Mystic Manor as a truly immersive Disney experience.

Yes, the place needs a lot of work. A hell of a lot of work. (Seriously, if you thought DCA was bad when it opened, you've not seen anything). But it is taking small steps in the right direction and I'm confident that the runt of Disney's litter will one day grow up to be a true counterpart to the most beautiful Magic Kingdom of them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It's unfair that you don't list ALL of Disney's parks

Definetly wsp. A cheap nasty concrete mess. It's just so sad that its next to one of the most beautiful parks ever built, although the way things are going DLP may join it in a race to the bottom :-(

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I didn't think the Tokyo parks and the two at the Anaheim resort really had a shot at winning this,
    and EPCOT is still at least a shadow of it's magnificent former self,
    and the MK's 17 million visitors can't be wrong on a poll in the WDW section.

What's unfair is the depression I felt after I paid admission to enter Disney's Paris studios park.

I guess if I had created a "Best Saturday Night Live cast member of all time" poll, I'd have "unfairly" left off Chris Kattan, even though he was talented and funny, and if I discussed greatest NFL franchises of all time, the [insert team with fewest crazy fans] might not have been on the list.
    There are 11 Disney Parks and only up 10 ten poll options, so at least one had to go.

I don't really see now anyone who's been the the Paris studios park could vote for another. It's the only Disney park I don't like, and I hate it. I'm talkin' a Roger Ebert's review of Rob Reiner's "North" level of hatred.

I suggest reading the review. Here's an excerpt: "I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=982R2eAhL54

(A better clip would be Belzer, then Rob Reiner himself, reading Ebert's North review at a Rob Reiner roast, but I didn't come across that.)
    Last edited by jcruise86; 09-26-2013 at 05:40 AM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Some might hate EPCOT or DCA.

Or think Magic Kingdom is the worst of the bunch.

And so on. Do you want people to vote on their own, or come to your conclusion?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Some might hate EPCOT or DCA.

Or think Magic Kingdom is the worst of the bunch.

And so on. Do you want people to vote on their own, or come to your conclusion?
    I was thinking along the same lines. A little over a year ago DCA would have been a top on that list by a lot of people. What I don't like about these kind of polls is worst at what? Worst food? Customer service? Rides? Prices? Could change based on what is worst.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Is it even ok to call Walt Disney Studios a theme park? I can't even call it a Disney park. It's like DCA 1.0 but on a much grander scale.
    Explanations of myself are not possible.
    Follow my insta!! @disneyland_theoneandonly

• former CM

Do you want people to vote on their own, or come to your conclusion?
    I want them to come to my conclusion. Then I want Disney to pump two billion into the "worst" park, and a billion into the second through fourth place parks. But what will happen is that Iger will push for things that keep him as CEO for a few more years--or longer--so he can get $100 to 200 million more. That short-term aim is currently the ultimate goal of the Disney company. And Staggs will push for what he (incorrectly?) thinks will make him the next CEO.

As I edit this, the Paris studios park has earned 62 votes,
    The WDW studios in Orlando: 15.
    The unkempt & stagnant Disneyland park in Paris: 6.
    The undersized Hong Kong Disneyland: 3.
    Disney's Animal Kingdom: 1. (Apparently oneMicechatter is not an animal lover. Or maybe he or she loves animals even more than the rest of us. Or. . . explain your vote, please. I know you could vote for more than one, but THE worst?)

Again, Micechat polls allow for 10 options, and since there are 11 Disney parks I had to make a call about which park was least likely to be called "THE worst!" at this time. I got carried away because the four Tokyo & Anaheim parks all have many fans at this time, and two WDW parks (MK and Epricot--mmm giant silver orb) seem more popular than the other two WDW parks at this point in 2013. Since I'm almost a blogger and lack a journalist's ethics, the Tokyo & Anaheim park presidents are welcome to reward me with park passes.

--Tom Sinsky
    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-19-2013 at 04:55 AM. Reason: to update votes

• former CM

Hoping for 4 more voters to make this officially scientific with 30+ participants.

It's good to see at least two Micechatters in England weighing in!

I wonder if if Bob Iger, Thomas Staggs or the Disneyland Paris president
    will spend more than one minute thinking about that Disneyland Paris petition from Europe
    that was reported in some British papers.

I think the castle parks in Paris and Orlando will only get minimal improvements over the long run from Iger while their attendance #s remain high. OK, WDW's Fantasyland could be seen as a moderate improvement, though it's minor if it's viewed in the context of WDW's 42 year history. It seems they're taking the approach: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." (Meanwhile, U Orlando is "going for broke.")
    Last edited by jcruise86; 09-26-2013 at 05:22 AM.

• Minion

It seems like we are picking the least favorite out of your least favorites...I would've gone with DCA. I love it, but it's technically "the worst".

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    . . . I would've gone with DCA. I love it, but it's technically "the worst".

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Hoping for 4 more voters to make this officially scientific with 30+ participants.
    It won't have any validity because you limited the voting options to your own selections.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    It seems like we are picking the least favorite out of your least favorites...
    Exactly

I don't even understand the point of this thread. If you voted for anything other that Walt Disney Studios Paris you need to do more research tbh. You don't need to even visit it (although I had that displeasure) to grasp how horrible it is.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast