•   
    • Minion

Haven't seen this posted so I am sorry if it's been posted. I myself am still excited for this!!! Also a nighttime show in DAK.

https://d23.com/whats-next-for-disne...23-expo-japan/

Re: Avatar concept from D23 Japan

Another site is saying this is fan-generated and not real. Can anyone confirm it????

•   
    • Minion

that is a official D23 website link

here is the Disney Parks one

First Look: AVATAR to Come to Life at Disney’s Animal Kingdom « Disney Parks Blog

OOOOOH! This looks so COOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!!

What threw me was that the image of the people riding the boat looked like the April's Fools joke that someone posted about Disneyland turning the Jungle Cruise into Avatar with Pandora animals. So I thought this was a fan image too. I told that other site it is real because the official Disney blog has it up now.

It looks like we are getting:

* a lush Pandora walk through with lots of vegetation and the floating mountains of mystery

* a Banshee ride in the skies of Avatar's world that is based on Soarin most likely

* a "weenie" in the form of floating mountains that will be the entrance to that Avatar area

* turning the Tree of Life into the "Mother Tree" from Avatar at night via electronics and light projections

* a boat ride that looks cute and takes us past all kinds of Avatar animals, including that ferocious black panther thing that had six legs and scared me in the movie

* it said Avatar is going to be between Africa and the Oasis and takeover Camp Minni Mickey which is what we all thought from before

I think Avatar is a silly movie, but this area looks gorgeous and I would definitely want to go check it out. It would be exciting to be on an alien planet and compare how the alien creatures are different from the Earth creatures. It woujld make a could field trip project for my boys!!!!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Wow... I knew Disney, James and Joe wouldn't disappoint. I always knew this was coming, NEVER to be scrapped or stopped or shelved.

Take that Harry Potter!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I have known of a lot of these plans for months, as I just worked at Disneyworld this summer on my ICP. I was sworn to secrecy, but since the cats out of the bag... This is really what's going on:

With AVATAR coming to DAK, they knew they would have to extend the park to be open in the evening, but with most experiences ending early, they had to figure out what else they could do to keep the park open late, so guests have more then just AVATAR to see and do. Thus, they created a new night time show. But the biggest, and most exciting news I think, is the NIGHT TIME SAFARI! Imagineers have been at work, creating a way to light the entire Safari as if it was natural moonlight, and so when Safari ends its day run, there will be a switch over... Some animals will be removed, where as some will be added. Creating a completely different night experience.

You should all be excited about what AVATAR is bringing to DAK, and I'm glad I can really talk about it now.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• formerly very helpful

I cant say that I've been a huge advocate of the Avatar idea, but I must admit these drawings look beautiful, and really do pique my interest.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    I have known of a lot of these plans for months, as I just worked at Disneyworld this summer on my ICP. I was sworn to secrecy, but since the cats out of the bag... This is really what's going on:

With AVATAR coming to DAK, they knew they would have to extend the park to be open in the evening, but with most experiences ending early, they had to figure out what else they could do to keep the park open late, so guests have more then just AVATAR to see and do. Thus, they created a new night time show. But the biggest, and most exciting news I think, is the NIGHT TIME SAFARI! Imagineers have been at work, creating a way to light the entire Safari as if it was natural moonlight, and so when Safari ends its day run, there will be a switch over... Some animals will be removed, where as some will be added. Creating a completely different night experience.

You should all be excited about what AVATAR is bringing to DAK, and I'm glad I can really talk about it now.
    That does sound awesome! Thanks for sharing!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It looks amazing and a reasonable fit, considering imaginary animals were part of the original vision for the park. Although unicorns and dragons and such are myths they do represent Earth based fictional fauna.

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Wow... I knew Disney, James and Joe wouldn't disappoint. I always knew this was coming, NEVER to be scrapped or stopped or shelved.

Take that Harry Potter!
    When we get to 2017, I'll let you know if Harry Potter took it or not k? :P

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    When we get to 2017, I'll let you know if Harry Potter took it or not k? :P
    The interesting thing about Harry Potter is that it did make going to Universal something my family does now. We go to see Harry Potter. We never went to Universal before that.

But, Universal will always be a one-day park for us. We will be buying the park-hopper when Potter's expansion opens, but we're just going to hop between the two Potter lands and then spend a little time in Jurassic Park, since my DS9 loves his dinos.

Right now, DHS is our least favorite Disney park. DAK still feels mainly like a really nice zoo to me, and that is always a full day park for us because my family loves animals and we use DAK like a zoo day back home...and we come back early in the evening and use the pool that day.

Avatar will probably make us stay in DAK until closing instead, turning it into a full day park instead of a half day park for my family.

I don't know what Universal could do to make it a two day park for us. All the Harry Potter additions are doing is making us buy a park-hopper now instead of a single ticket, so Universal will be getting more money out of us. I wish there would be a way to just buy a "Potter Ticket" that includes both lands but none of the rest of the park. My family would LOVE that.

And I will tell you, if they built a Harry Potter themed hotel at Universal my family would stay there, regardless of price. We'd make that our base instead of a Disney hotel, just for the fun of staying in an enchanted or haunted hotel. I think Universal is a bunch of fools for not building a Potter Hotel somehow adjacent to the Potter Lands in its parks, like Disney has the Grand Californian by DCA.

• Bangarang!

I guess it looks good, but I'm more excited about the prospect of the nighttime show around the Tree.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

FINALLY! A reason to stay at DAK after dark! I know DAK is considered an early in, early out kind of park to begin with, but I have always wanted to see what it'd look like at night. This is awesome!

• Heavy Breather

I always had faith in the Avatar announcement. The concept art only cements my faith in the project even more. Joe and James are going to have a lot of fun making this expansion!

And a nighttime show! A reason to stay in AK after dark.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Avitar project, but the concept art makes these attractions look amazing. Hopefully they do a good job on it.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003