Thread: Msep

Thumbs down Msep

When I went to MK in July, my family decided to stay and watch the MSEP that night. Big mistake. The floats are in TERRIBLE condition. The effects are choppy, the lights are too bright, and the music is too soft. When the music started, I was thinking it would gradually get louder as the floats began to roll onto Main Street. I was wrong; the music was soft, and you couldn't even hear each units' soundtrack over the main theme. The lighting effects on the floats need to come back, for the floats used to have some pretty effects when the parade was run at DCA. The Tinker Bell float had none of the effects it had when it was introduced in DCA back in '09. When the Tinker Bell float rolled out, I saw the infrastructure of the float right away without even looking. I even caught a glimpse of the person driving the float! The surrounding buildings were green, and were very, VERY bright. When the pixie dust effect came by, I might as well have worn sunglasses. They do NOT need to be ridiculously bright. Now I don't know about anybody else's experience, but they either need to properly care for and use the floats, or just send it back to CA where they can run the show with no problems.
    Explanations of myself are not possible.
    Follow my insta!! @disneyland_theoneandonly

Re: Msep

I saw this parade back in November and I was very excited that it had come back but I was disappointed when I saw it. It was nothing like it was when I saw it back in the 80's as a kid.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I believe it is going away next year when the Magic Kingdom gets its new parade. It's about time.
    -Bill

• Minion

ORDDU: But will the Magic Kingdom get a new Night Time parade? That's what I'd like to see. The Electrical parade has run its course. Since Hong Kong Disneyland is about to get a night time parade in 2014, let's hope the Magic Kingdon in Florida gets a whole new night time parade too!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I still love SpectroMagic and miss it greatly. I have had the chance now to see MSEP in both DCA and MK but sadly not in Disneyland. I hope to see the parade one last time with a memorable eye versus a highly critical eye. I just want to have a last chance to see it in person and document it and enjoy it for what's left of it before it disappears into the night forever.

But I do see Disneyland creating a new MSEP without any of the original floats, using the same music and just creating a brand new parade floats thus keeping the "Main Street Electrical Parade" legacy continuing on.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Interesting the OP had this experience; I saw it in mid-Sept and the floats, music and effects were mostly at 100%. Having performed in the show myself in the 90's before all the effects were added and music changed, I could honestly say it looks better than it did then...now, in the daylight the cracks may show but watching from Town Square, I had no complaints.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Just got back from WDW and saw MSEP.

I've seen it 100s of times in Disneyland and CA and the floats looked fine to me.

However... in WDW Frontierland the parade sound system is lousy. Not just MSEP but noticed it on Boo To You also.

Also... when Tink got added they also added the visual effect on the floats and there was a sound effect when it happened.

In WDW the visual effect was there but not the sound effect.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: But will the Magic Kingdom get a new Night Time parade? That's what I'd like to see. The Electrical parade has run its course. Since Hong Kong Disneyland is about to get a night time parade in 2014, let's hope the Magic Kingdon in Florida gets a whole new night time parade too!
    The new daytime parade IS the night time parade.
    -Bill

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Working in MK all summer and seeing the parade several times... It all looked great to me, well maintained, sound was fine... performances great.... and lights all on and I was fine with the levels.. Yes I have nothing to compare it too.. but it never once looked bad to me...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Minion

ORWEN: So Bill, duckling, what are you saying? I mean, if the new day time parade for the Magic Kingdom is really supposed to be the new night time parade, what will the Magic Kindom have for a new day time parade? The current day parade is going away from what we've read.