Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: What Would You Do?

Usually I never ask anyone to move their camera or anything if they're in front of me. I just get up and move, especially in that Country Bears seating area, there's loads of room to move to. I don't try to get petty and sit in front of them either. I just move to another spot. It takes nothing but a few seconds to move in that specific situation in that attraction.

Now if you're in a Fantasmic situation where there are no seats to move to and the person in front of you has done the same thing... well then I'd be forced to speak up. If the person in front of me in that Fantasmic situation said what that lady had said I'd most likely lean forward and tell her "either you switch places with someone else, lower that screen or stop completely" Give them choices. If they continue to be rude and not put it down or move the thing well then I'd have to call a CM over.

Most times CM are young adults who are not sure what to do when confronted with this type of situation, they can tell someone something but the person in question usually won't listen to a younger CM. So what I usually do is when I complain to a CM about another visitor being rude I tell them that if they feel they can't handle the situation to please get a manager or someone higher ranking to deal with this situation. They usually always grab someone, a lead or someone higher ranking to deal with me and my complaint. Works every time.

Yes you may miss the show or a scene when doing stuff like this but in the end the iPad will no longer be in my way for the rest of the showing.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I don't try to get petty and sit in front of them either.
    The person doing the videotaping is being selfish and petty. Sometimes pettiness needs to be met with pettiness.

• Singing Drinker

I have to admit. Years ago, I was at Disneyland for one of the big fireworks premiers. We waited well over an hour for our spot, back away from the traffic lanes and well into the area of families who were remaining sitting due to children or other issues (I have sporadic back issues and this was at a point where standing over an hour would not be feasible). About five minutes into the show, a young couple picked their way through this area and located quite literally just enough space for their feet to not be on someone else's foot or body part, then lodged in place directly in front of my group and blocking several others from seeing any of the Castle projections etc.

We - SEVERAL groups - tried asking politely. We called a CM over who tried to get them to move and then wandered off (not sure what was said). It moved towards being abusive at them. I finally resorted to throwing chunks of my leftover rice krispie treat at the backs of their heads.

THAT - and ONLY that - finally got them to move.

Not proud of it, but it's the only thing that worked.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    The person doing the videotaping is being selfish and petty. Sometimes pettiness needs to be met with pettiness.
    That's true. I just personally can't risk getting kicked out of a show or park attraction or even the park itself if the situation escalated and I helped it get to that point. I just personally can't get petty inside the park. At least I try not to. But it does happen and I have to catch myself.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

I did end up moving, but the family next to me just rode the show out. Felt bad for the kids. They just slumped down in their seats like they gave up.Im like Micoofy Duck, not wanting to risk getting the boot. It was tempting to react in a not so nice way, but ive sworn that off with my old age.....lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12