Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What Would You Do?

I was in WDW a few weeks ago, in Fla. on business, and had a day to kill, so, of course, I hit the MK for a day. I hadn't seen the Country Bears since it was shortened, so it was on my list of to-do atractions. I sat towards the back, and a family of 3 kids sat next to me. When the show started, 2 people in front of me, who were togeather, lifted up 2 10 inch screened ipods, or pads, over there heads, so they could record, but could still see. They blocked the show from my view, and im 6-1. A small boy said to his dad" I cant see". The dad leaned forward and softly and politely, asked them to lower there items. The woman turned around and said"shut the *&^%$ up, im filming here!"

What would you do in this case? Holler back? Snatch the pods and use them as Frisbees? Tell the CM?

• keh!

Re: What Would You Do?

I would love to have grabbed the iPads, toss them on the ground, and shatter the screen with my foot.

But the easiest and best way to deal with that would have been to get the attention of a CM. If that lady cursed at me I likely would have cursed back at her. That would be tough to resist.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

I would have asked politely one more time and if I got the same result I would have called over a CM, if the CM couldn't be reached I would have purposefully talked right where there iPads mics are ruining the show for them too, just to piss her off even further...Though like flickering bulb said not cursing back would have been mighty tempting
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Minion

ORDDU: Didn't you know that the world revolves only around these other people, duckling? You're not supposed to have any enjoyment in Life--not when it might affect THEM. So, learn a lesson here and just don't expect to have any pleasant times when those people are nearby. (Oh, and be prepared for other people to come along who think the world revolves only around them, too. That's the way it is these days.) You're not allowed to have any fun any more. (sarcasm over.)

ORWEN: It's a shame there are so many nasty people like that in the world today. We encounter them all the time. It can ruin your, otherwise, good times. We're sorry you had to go through this awful experience. But don't worry--some day those selfish numbskulls will get what's coming to them!!!

ORGOCH: Got Kharma?

Blow gently on her hair? Just enough to tickle? When she complains, remind her that if you could see the show you wouldn't be bored and looking for something to do?
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

I personally feel that if you don't have a tripod, you're a freaking amateur and should really just shut the heck up, sit the butt down and enjoy the show. But that's me. Either do it properly or don't waste your time worrying about it.

​This is why I hate that those things have cameras in them.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

I would probably raise my voice an tell them again that if they don't put it down, I am going to tell the CM and get them in trouble.

• Minion

ORDDU: The problem with doing that means you end up ruining the show for just about everyone else in the theatre, too, although it IS a tempting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Blow gently on her hair? Just enough to tickle? When she complains, remind her that if you could see the show you wouldn't be bored and looking for something to do?
    LOL....That's funny, got a chuckle from that.....!!!

• Roller coaster enthusiast

It really is amazing how rude some people can be. Just recently we went to see Blue Man Group at UOR and the couple next to us talked and talked and talked. Finally I leaned over and gave them a long SHHHH!, I also gave them a long stare. That worked because they stopped talking throught the whole show. Unfortunately, staring at them when they're infront of you wouldn't work too well.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America

• Drunk On Disney

Name:  how-you-look-taking-pictures-with-an-apple-ipad.jpeg
Views: 356
Size:  128.8 KB

• terrifiednerds.com

Reminds me of when I was on Pirates of the Caribbean and somebody filmed the whole ride with the bright view screen throwing out all kinds of light, ruining the ride. Perhaps if they exited and told a cast member what happened, they'd let them go on again, right after, without the offensive people in there this time.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

For me, a slow acceleration works well. I'd follow the initial exchange with "Umm, perhaps you didn't hear me - would you PLEASE lower your IPAD?" If that didn't work, I'd move in front of them and do everything I could to get in the way of their shooting. And then, if it looked like it was getting really ugly, I'd call in a CM. Of course, if you choose to accelerate, your own enjoyment of the show goes out the window, as it all becomes about these idiots and how they're ruining your enjoyment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast