Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Creative Director

New Epcot Parade?

Does anyone have any information on what this new Epcot parade is going to be?
    the creative direction? the concept?

anyone know?

and what year will be it be opening?

Re: New Epcot Parade?

No idea what the concept will be ... it better not be Tapestry of Recycled Dreams ... I would expect it around fall '07 for Epcot's 25th B-Day.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

How about a float for all 11 nations...that would be a nice length parade.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• See you there!

A parade in Epcot is a nice idea, but, but when they had Tapesrty (every tim eI was there) it really made it very, very hard to get around the WS for 30 mins to one hour before the parade, during the parade and for 30 mins to one hour after.

I really liked the Stilt walkers and the other group (forgot the name now) but they would go around the WS and not disrupt the flow.

Now a parade on that concept would be the best of both worlds.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy

• Spoon!

I'll take (almost) anything right now.

Its a bit of a let-down when you see the parade lights come up around the WS, and nothing happens.

And then they start playing the Tapestry of (Nations/Dreams) music after Illuminations.

• Huh?

I didn't much care for Tapestry of Dreams.... it really ruined the good they had in Nations.
    -Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Slartibardfast
    I'll take (almost) anything right now.

Its a bit of a let-down when you see the parade lights come up around the WS, and nothing happens.

And then they start playing the Tapestry of (Nations/Dreams) music after Illuminations.
    They should really stop playing the ToN music after IllumiNations...just play Epcot theme songs...
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Slartibardfast
    Huh? Totally lost here...
    It's Tapestry of Nations, some of the best music ever created. And that music belongs with Reflections of Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Huh? Totally lost here...

It's Tapestry of Nations, some of the best music ever created. And that music belongs with Reflections of Earth.
    Agreed.

But Epcot deserves something new. Not another brought back by popular demand PR spin like MSEP and Spectro.

• Banned User

personally I liked ToN. Yes it caused traffic problems, but it was the first and only disney parade that didn't have characters smiling and waving. and I loved the revolving drums. I remember at least one high school age kid dearly wanting to play one of them. That is one parade I would see again and again and I hope they can top it for their silver celebration.

• Banned User

I am in the minority here... I never cared for TON or TOD. It did have great music and a heartfelt message of peace (who knew the World would be so screwed up just a couple of years after it went away..) but the parade itself was IMHO cheaply produced and not all that inspired. But that's just me.

• Huh?

Though I liked it a lot.... I do see some problems with it. After the first few puppets go by and the first couple of drums go by, you start feeling like you're just seeing the same ones go by over and over again.

I wouldn't say it wasn't inspired.... it was a rather artsy parade.

I would've maybe done it a bit differently. Like make it a little more obvious that the floats/puppets are representitive of several nations, not just Africa and/or Lion King.
    -Tim

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I am in the minority here... I never cared for TON or TOD. It did have great music and a heartfelt message of peace (who knew the World would be so screwed up just a couple of years after it went away..) but the parade itself was IMHO cheaply produced and not all that inspired. But that's just me.
    My opinion too...I just didn't see the message of peace or enjoy the music. It just repeated over and over and over and over...oy.

Plus WS is just not a good place for parades. Maybe it was designed for parades but it is how old now? Exactly. Things have changed. EPCOT + Parades = No Good.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    My opinion too...I just didn't see the message of peace or enjoy the music. It just repeated over and over and over and over...oy.

Plus WS is just not a good place for parades. Maybe it was designed for parades but it is how old now? Exactly. Things have changed. EPCOT + Parades = No Good.
    How would age have anything to do with this? Are you suggesting that pieces of the World Showcase Promenade have fallen into World Showcase Lagoon? I'm pretty sure parades in 1982 were not smaller than they are today. Epcot + evening parades is a problem. Epcot + afternoon parade would not be a problem at all. The issue was all the people trying to find places for IllumiNations with the parade starting at 8:10 pm. There are not exactly hoards of people rushing to the American Adventure at any time of day (not saying it's not popular, but that it doesn't see 20,000 people a day).
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

No I'm not saying parts fell into the water. I'm saying that when World Showcase was designed it was alot more open than it is now. I mean they've added ODV Stands (not moveable) everywhere, Mexico now has that Margarita stand, China has the toy shop setup along the water...there is just more "clutter" now, and when you try to get the lines from the ODV stands pushed to the side to set up a rope system to block off a parade route and then people line up along the route to watch the parade there is suddenly no where to walk...that is an issue when you are trying to get somewhere and its parade time. And especially as WS' last parades were not short-if you got stuck you got stuck for a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast