Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 76
  1. #1

    • Disney Memory Maker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kissimmee, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,671

    Lightbulb Spaceship Earth Changes

    If anyone here will be at Epcot in the upcoming days, could you please take & upload pictures here of the new painting on SSE. I saw a picture on a different forum but it wasn't the best quality.

    Right as you enter the building, the leg has a new greenish blue (matching the colors of Siemens' logo) design on it. Also, as I understand, the newspaper steam is working in addition to some lighting changes & a few other enhancements.

    -Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

  2. #2

    • Resident Neuroscientist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Posts
    1,143

    Re: Spaceship Earth Changes

    It's really nice...should look like new by summer...they are adding little plusses throughout the attraction, one show scene at a time, so that they don't have to ever close the attraction for a refurbishment. This is the kind of quality Disney used to be famous for, with all the magic taking place at night.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!


  3. #3

    • Inappropriate
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,429

    Re: Spaceship Earth Changes

    This is great news. Will the sound system be affected at all?

    Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

  4. #4

    • Resident Neuroscientist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Posts
    1,143

    Re: Spaceship Earth Changes

    of course...that might require SSE to actually close, though. I would guess they will get it all looking nice in the spring, have it run through the summer, and then work on the actual ride mechanisms with a bona fide closure in the fall. I would imagine they will close the ride at the same time they remove the Wand, if that indeed happens (and it looks like it will--we can already see that Disney is letting Siemens push through changes for SSE)
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!


  5. #5

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Grafton, WI
    Posts
    2,136

    Re: Spaceship Earth Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    If anyone here will be at Epcot in the upcoming days, could you please take & upload pictures here of the new painting on SSE. I saw a picture on a different forum but it wasn't the best quality.

    Right as you enter the building, the leg has a new greenish blue (matching the colors of Siemens' logo) design on it. Also, as I understand, the newspaper steam is working in addition to some lighting changes & a few other enhancements.

    -Michael
    I'll be in Epcot on the 12th, Mike. Will keep an eye on this thread and if there are no pics by then, will do me best to post some for you.

  6. #6

    • Vehicle rotating backward
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    4,623

    Re: Spaceship Earth Changes

    I'll be there around the same time frame, but have no laptop. Plus, I've never seen the ride before so I wouldn't know what to take pictures of. Glad to hear they're prepping it up for my arrival, though.

  7. #7

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: Spaceship Earth Changes

    I saw no changes Friday night, but I rode close to midnight and was tired.

    Did see some effects not working ... seems like it's been a long time since the sleeping monk actually snored. The fog in the scene with the Phoenician merchants, likewise, hasn't been seen in forever.

    The one interesting thing I saw was the postshow area has new walls around it that look better than the plain old blue plywood ... also the old screens from Earth Station (before your time, Mikey) are uncovered above. I hope this means they'll be used some how.

    And SSE certainly needs to close for at least a few months for a thorough cleaning/refreshening ... and that's if Siemens doesn't want major changes. If so, you're looking at longer downtime.

  8. #8

    • Live from Progress City
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    117

    Re: Spaceship Earth Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    The one interesting thing I saw was the postshow area has new walls around it that look better than the plain old blue plywood ... also the old screens from Earth Station (before your time, Mikey) are uncovered above. I hope this means they'll be used some how.
    Oh the screens! Please bring them back! Heck, use the animations for the rides that aren't there anymore

    Man, I loved Earth Station back in the day...

  9. #9

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    181

    Re: Spaceship Earth Changes

    That wasn't the earth station screens - those were farther out from the center and individual screens. What you saw were the remnants of the Network Tree which was surrounded at the top by a continuous screen on which there were projections. Sorta like the circular holding area that was at living seas.

  10. #10

    • Internet.Serious Business
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Posts
    4,824

    Re: Spaceship Earth Changes

    Figures. I went Sat night and decided to really not ride anything...hmm...too bad I didn't go to SE I guess.

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    157

    Smile Re: Spaceship Earth Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    I saw no changes Friday night, but I rode close to midnight and was tired.

    Did see some effects not working ... seems like it's been a long time since the sleeping monk actually snored. The fog in the scene with the Phoenician merchants, likewise, hasn't been seen in forever.

    The one interesting thing I saw was the postshow area has new walls around it that look better than the plain old blue plywood ... also the old screens from Earth Station (before your time, Mikey) are uncovered above. I hope this means they'll be used some how.

    And SSE certainly needs to close for at least a few months for a thorough cleaning/refreshening ... and that's if Siemens doesn't want major changes. If so, you're looking at longer downtime.

    How funny!!

    Even though I don't always agree with you WDW1974, it is nice to have someone on the boards that remember, "old-school," Disney like we do!

    (Earth Station, Universe of Energy, Discovery Island, River Country, just 2 resort hotels etc.)

  12. #12

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: Spaceship Earth Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by KNRG
    That wasn't the earth station screens - those were farther out from the center and individual screens. What you saw were the remnants of the Network Tree which was surrounded at the top by a continuous screen on which there were projections. Sorta like the circular holding area that was at living seas.

    Are you sure? The screens I saw were pretty far back ... but you could be right. Earth Station's been history since what ... '94?

  13. #13

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: Spaceship Earth Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by wem1985



    How funny!!

    Even though I don't always agree with you WDW1974, it is nice to have someone on the boards that remember, "old-school," Disney like we do!

    (Earth Station, Universe of Energy, Discovery Island, River Country, just 2 resort hotels etc.)
    Thanks. I don't ask for complete agreement, just respect for my perspective.

    Besides, I'm not right all the time either ... just most of it! (NO SMILIE NEEDED)

  14. #14

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Spaceship Earth Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    If anyone here will be at Epcot in the upcoming days, could you please take & upload pictures here of the new painting on SSE. I saw a picture on a different forum but it wasn't the best quality.

    Right as you enter the building, the leg has a new greenish blue (matching the colors of Siemens' logo) design on it. Also, as I understand, the newspaper steam is working in addition to some lighting changes & a few other enhancements.

    -Michael
    Oh Mikey... I only do these chores for you... It's my way of giving back for the entertaining posts you write here on MC. Go here for some shots I took today (Jan 30th)...

    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...3&a=32067155&f=

    While there is a new color scheme at the entrace into SE, not much else is new on the outside as of yet. Inside.. yes, there is steam blowing from the back of the Printing Press in that particular scene...even though it's hard to see in the photo I posted. If there were any other technical differences (such as lighting or other enhancements...) I frankly didn't notice anything different as opposed to the last time I rode SE before Xmas time.

  15. #15

    • Screenwriter for NLF
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    127

    Re: Spaceship Earth Changes

    Was there Saturday night. I didn't notice any changes to be honest with you. But then again, I might have just been blinded by the power of being in the park. I did notice they mentioned Siemens at the end of Illuminations.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.newlineagefilms.com
    Hey Disney Fans, come say hi to me at http://www.myspace.com/blackiepueblo

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] So Spaceship earth...
    By DarthDucky in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 09:13 AM
  2. Spaceship Earth Update
    By Imaginationeer in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 02:50 PM
  3. Does Spaceship Earth Aid Terrorism?
    By disneytim in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 08:15 AM
  4. Spaceship Earth Rumor
    By TheDisneyInquisitor in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 01:32 PM
  5. something about Spaceship Earth
    By stitch101 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-28-2005, 09:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •