Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Disney Memory Maker

Lightbulb Spaceship Earth Changes

If anyone here will be at Epcot in the upcoming days, could you please take & upload pictures here of the new painting on SSE. I saw a picture on a different forum but it wasn't the best quality.

Right as you enter the building, the leg has a new greenish blue (matching the colors of Siemens' logo) design on it. Also, as I understand, the newspaper steam is working in addition to some lighting changes & a few other enhancements.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Re: Spaceship Earth Changes

It's really nice...should look like new by summer...they are adding little plusses throughout the attraction, one show scene at a time, so that they don't have to ever close the attraction for a refurbishment. This is the kind of quality Disney used to be famous for, with all the magic taking place at night.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Inappropriate

This is great news. Will the sound system be affected at all?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

of course...that might require SSE to actually close, though. I would guess they will get it all looking nice in the spring, have it run through the summer, and then work on the actual ride mechanisms with a bona fide closure in the fall. I would imagine they will close the ride at the same time they remove the Wand, if that indeed happens (and it looks like it will--we can already see that Disney is letting Siemens push through changes for SSE)
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    If anyone here will be at Epcot in the upcoming days, could you please take & upload pictures here of the new painting on SSE. I saw a picture on a different forum but it wasn't the best quality.

Right as you enter the building, the leg has a new greenish blue (matching the colors of Siemens' logo) design on it. Also, as I understand, the newspaper steam is working in addition to some lighting changes & a few other enhancements.

-Michael
    I'll be in Epcot on the 12th, Mike. Will keep an eye on this thread and if there are no pics by then, will do me best to post some for you.

• Vehicle rotating backward

I'll be there around the same time frame, but have no laptop. Plus, I've never seen the ride before so I wouldn't know what to take pictures of. Glad to hear they're prepping it up for my arrival, though.

I saw no changes Friday night, but I rode close to midnight and was tired.

Did see some effects not working ... seems like it's been a long time since the sleeping monk actually snored. The fog in the scene with the Phoenician merchants, likewise, hasn't been seen in forever.

The one interesting thing I saw was the postshow area has new walls around it that look better than the plain old blue plywood ... also the old screens from Earth Station (before your time, Mikey) are uncovered above. I hope this means they'll be used some how.

And SSE certainly needs to close for at least a few months for a thorough cleaning/refreshening ... and that's if Siemens doesn't want major changes. If so, you're looking at longer downtime.

• Live from Progress City

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    The one interesting thing I saw was the postshow area has new walls around it that look better than the plain old blue plywood ... also the old screens from Earth Station (before your time, Mikey) are uncovered above. I hope this means they'll be used some how.
    Oh the screens! Please bring them back! Heck, use the animations for the rides that aren't there anymore

Man, I loved Earth Station back in the day...

• Banned User

That wasn't the earth station screens - those were farther out from the center and individual screens. What you saw were the remnants of the Network Tree which was surrounded at the top by a continuous screen on which there were projections. Sorta like the circular holding area that was at living seas.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Figures. I went Sat night and decided to really not ride anything...hmm...too bad I didn't go to SE I guess.

Smile Re: Spaceship Earth Changes

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    I saw no changes Friday night, but I rode close to midnight and was tired.

Did see some effects not working ... seems like it's been a long time since the sleeping monk actually snored. The fog in the scene with the Phoenician merchants, likewise, hasn't been seen in forever.

And SSE certainly needs to close for at least a few months for a thorough cleaning/refreshening ... and that's if Siemens doesn't want major changes. If so, you're looking at longer downtime.

How funny!!

Even though I don't always agree with you WDW1974, it is nice to have someone on the boards that remember, "old-school," Disney like we do!

(Earth Station, Universe of Energy, Discovery Island, River Country, just 2 resort hotels etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by KNRG
    That wasn't the earth station screens - those were farther out from the center and individual screens. What you saw were the remnants of the Network Tree which was surrounded at the top by a continuous screen on which there were projections. Sorta like the circular holding area that was at living seas.

Are you sure? The screens I saw were pretty far back ... but you could be right. Earth Station's been history since what ... '94?

Quote Originally Posted by wem1985

How funny!!

Even though I don't always agree with you WDW1974, it is nice to have someone on the boards that remember, "old-school," Disney like we do!

(Earth Station, Universe of Energy, Discovery Island, River Country, just 2 resort hotels etc.)
    Thanks. I don't ask for complete agreement, just respect for my perspective.

Besides, I'm not right all the time either ... just most of it! (NO SMILIE NEEDED)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1

-Michael
    Oh Mikey... I only do these chores for you... It's my way of giving back for the entertaining posts you write here on MC. Go here for some shots I took today (Jan 30th)...

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...3&a=32067155&f=

While there is a new color scheme at the entrace into SE, not much else is new on the outside as of yet. Inside.. yes, there is steam blowing from the back of the Printing Press in that particular scene...even though it's hard to see in the photo I posted. If there were any other technical differences (such as lighting or other enhancements...) I frankly didn't notice anything different as opposed to the last time I rode SE before Xmas time.

• Screenwriter for NLF

Was there Saturday night. I didn't notice any changes to be honest with you. But then again, I might have just been blinded by the power of being in the park. I did notice they mentioned Siemens at the end of Illuminations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.newlineagefilms.com
    Hey Disney Fans, come say hi to me at http://www.myspace.com/blackiepueblo

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast