Thread: Jingle Cruise

• Bangarang!

Jingle Cruise

No, that's not a typo in the thread title....

Beginning in early November, Jungle Cruise at both Disneyland park and Magic Kingdom Park will temporarily transform into “Jingle Cruise” for the holiday season!

In this new seasonal storyline of the attraction, the Skippers have grown homesick for the holidays, so they’ve added holiday cheer to the Jungle Cruise queue and boathouse with decorations that have been mailed to them from home (plus a few they’ve created themselves). The Skippers have also added a slew of new jokes to their tours that are the perfect way to get guests in the holiday spirit. Additionally, Jungle Cruise boats have been renamed with the holidays in mind, and if guests listen carefully, they may hear a holiday-themed radio broadcast playing in the background.
    Jungle Cruise Goes ‘Jingle Cruise’ for the Holidays at Disneyland Park & Magic Kingdom Park « Disney Parks Blog

The festivities begin in November.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Re: Jingle Cruise

So nice to be able to see something different on the same ole ride. I will be there on the 2nd.

• Under that tree again!

I'm really glad MK is getting another ride layover and non party feature.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Can't wait to check it out!

• Shubisha

At Magic Kingdom this'll probably only lead to even more people asking if the country bears are doing their christmas show

At Disneyland... Let's see: Small World, Mansion, Jingle Cruise, if they added Santa shooting down the alien in Ghost Galaxy they could have overlays in all 4 corners of the park ;D

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

This is probably silly, but as will be visiting for the first time in seven years in mid-November, rather hope this overlay won't change the temple section of the ride, with the usual music and 'ambiance' or add more dialogue since the Skippers usually stay silent for that stretch, let the mood reign - I love the music in there and eerie type vibe, it's a great Marc Davis design piece. But that's probably too much to hope.

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

Wonder if any of the skippers will croon "I'll be home for Christmas" since it seems appropriately themed as a song for them with this overlay
    The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    At Magic Kingdom this'll probably only lead to even more people asking if the country bears are doing their christmas show
    Here's hoping that happens and as a result we finally get the Christmas show back! I'm still jealous Tokyo still gets the Christmas show. I'm still mad they took it away at WDW. Was one of my favorite holiday offerings for years.

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    This is probably silly, but as will be visiting for the first time in seven years in mid-November, rather hope this overlay won't change the temple section of the ride, with the usual music and 'ambiance' or add more dialogue since the Skippers usually stay silent for that stretch, let the mood reign - I love the music in there and eerie type vibe, it's a great Marc Davis design piece. But that's probably too much to hope.
    I'm getting the vibe that the actual ride elements won't be changed- the queue and boats will just be holiday themed with the skippers telling holiday style jokes. I don't think they'll change up much of the rest of the ride.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Trader sam at the end should have a holiday get up. I expect a Christmas tree at the camp site, Christmas presents undelivered at the plane crash site and Christmas lights inside the cave near the monkeys. this is what I expect to see.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com