View Poll Results: What's the best themed Disney hotel in the world?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge

10 26.32%
  • Wilderness Lodge

8 21.05%
  • Grand Californian

6 15.79%
  • Polynesian

9 23.68%
  • Tokyo's Mira Costa

10 26.32%
  • Grand Floridian

2 5.26%
  • Paris' Hotel Cheyenne

1 2.63%
  • Port Orleans

2 5.26%
  • Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel

3 7.89%
  • (Please add your favorite missing hotel in a post.)

1 2.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Nutty about Disney parks

Re: What's the best themed Disney resort hotel in the world (SORRY ltd to 10 poll cho

I too would have to go with Tokyo Hotel MiraCosta. The detail inside and out is amazing and the fact that they got this hotel to blend in flawlessy inside of the TDS park is also a crowning achievement in itself.

I would love to see Walt Disney World built their own 5-star resort with the class and detail of MiraCosta. I bet you the Disney nuts would pay good money to stay in a room like that.

Second runner up goes to Animal Kingdom Lodge. I've always wanted Disney to do an African-lodge theme hotel.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• former CM

Re: What's the best themed Disney resort hotel in the world (SORRY ltd to 10 poll cho

Quote Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
    I haven't stayed there but I've visited the three Tokyo hotels (stayed at the Hilton). Of the three I really liked the Ambassador the most. Yes it's location is the worst but it had a great Art Deco which was very Disney but different from the stateside or Parisian hotels

Disneyland hotel was very nice, kind of a more colourful Grand Floridian type hotel. It has a good location being walking distance from Disneyland the JR station and Inspari shopping centre. It might be the nicest of the Victorian hotels but is very similar in theme at least to several other Disney resorts. You feel you are in a big hotel here.

Mira Costa was OK but I thought it was overrated. Now I haven't stayed there and I'm sure the rooms and their views of Disneysea are fantastic but I found the lobby and public areas quite small and crowded compared to the others. The theming was lovely and the location fantastic though
    Thanks, Robbiem!

Which three hotels do you think are Victorian? The Grand Floridian, The Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, and the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel? I think of the Grand Floridian as an impressive rip off of the Hotel del Coronado, which is shown in Billy Wilder's "Some Like It Hot." (
    A hotel at the California border in Primm, Nevada also copied the Hotel del Cornado.)

Any word (from anyone) on how the Disney Hong Kong hotels compare and
    contrast with other Disney hotels?

I'd like to reiterate my offer to Disney, Dusty, and the Travel Channel to stay at all the best Disney hotels in the world and report on them, their best restaurants, and how they treat their VIPs/concierge-level guests! Oh, and on all the different first class sections of airlines that go to Tokyo, Hong Kong, Orlando, and Paris. Thanks in advance! (Now I'll just sit back and see who contacts me first!)

• Tom Bricker

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    This is a tough one if we're choosing from the whole Empire. There's nearly 40 hotels to chose from. All with unique theming that brings its own charm and feel.

I had to go with Mira Costa though, it does have some exquisite theming, but that's not to take away from some of the others around the world.

East Coast
    =1 Polynesian/Wilderness Lodge/Boardwalk

West Coast
    Grand Californian

Paris

Sequoia Lodge

Tokyo
    Mira Costa

Hong Kong
    Hollywood Hotel

and just for fun...

Shanghai
    Shanghai Disneyland Hotel (based on the fact that I don't like the look of the concept of the Toy Story Hotel).
    Completely agree with this list until you get to Hong Kong. There, I don't necessarily disagree, I just hope you're wrong because we booked HKDLH!

• former CM

I wonder how the Shanghai Disneyland hotels will compare and contrast with other Disney hotels.

I think the Wilderness Lodge @ WDW is the best themed. Unfortunately, I've only stayed at the WDW resorts. I would really like to try the Disneyland Hotel @ Disneyland Paris with a view of the park. Probably not going to happen unless I win the lottery.

• former CM

If the Grand Californian had the surrounding landscaping of
    The Polynesian
    The AK Lodge
    or the Wilderness Lodge,
    then I think it would currently be a four-way tie for the first place in America. (They are close now.)

We heard the excellent hotel carolers at the Grand Californian last weekend.

One interesting/freaky thing I noticed with the wealthy clientele at the Grand Californian was the high number of male guests who had had plastic surgery.
    It made them look either effeminate (like Michael Douglas used to) or like not quite famous co-hosts of unsuccessful info-tainment programs or game shows. I've heard comedians and read online ridicule of WDW guests--so I just wanted to add that Disneylanders can also be different too. But I digress.

• former CM

Currently it's:
    Tokyo's Mira Costa 10
    The Poly 9
    AKL 8
    WL 8
    Grand CA 6

Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel 3

Hong Kong Hollywood Hotel (write in) 1

Paris Hotel Cheyenne 1

Paris Sequoia (write in) 1

Port Orleans 1

Grand Floridian only 1 (I guess folks weighed in value on that one, or maybe the guests there have many international 5-star hotel experiences to contrast it with.)

MIA: the Contemporary. And by the way, is the new DVC club tower at the Contemp. too visible from inside the Magic Kingdom?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12