Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You can have lunch at Be Our Guest?

When I came onto MiceChat today I decided to read on the front page the choices for the top three Quick Service restaurants and was a little taken back that Be Our Guest was an option and while it's amazing, it's quite a long wait according to what I read on the list.

So, this is the Be Our Guest restaurant in MK, right? Or another? Sorry, if it sounds like a stupid question. Just was puzzled since I haven't been to MK since Fantasyland has been open and got the impression that Be Our Guest was a reservation only, sit down restaurant.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Re: You can have lunch at Be Our Guest?

It's the same Be Our Guest. It's a QSR during lunch time but a table service during dinnertime.

But the line for the QSR lunch is so bad, that sometimes I think they should just FP it (lol this is Disney you never know). I wish just about to start a thread on that idea until I saw this post.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yes this is true. For lunch, Be Our Guest is quick service, then converts to table service for dinner. I have yet to eat there but I have friends who have and say it's really good. I'm not keen on waiting in line an hour just for lunch (they don't take reservations during lunch service, it's first come, first served), especially when there's a ton of other restaurants in the Magic Kingdom with significantly shorter lines. One of these days though... I'll eat there.

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I ate lunch there a couple of months ago and actually didn't care for the place. The food was overpriced and not even as tasty as some of the lower priced restaurants at the Magic Kingdom. We do NOT recommend the Be Our Guest what-so-ever.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I came here on a Saturday and the wait was only around 30 minutes. I really enjoyed the food here and felt it was much better quality to not only most Quick Service options but also several table service restaurants at Disney.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: My sisters and I ate lunch there a couple of months ago and actually didn't care for the place. The food was overpriced and not even as tasty as some of the lower priced restaurants at the Magic Kingdom. We do NOT recommend the Be Our Guest what-so-ever.
    Just curious, what counter service and or other restaurants do you 3 witches prefer at WDW?

(and I'm assuming that the 3 of you do NOT really have a hankerin' for frog legs, eye of newt, nor dead man's toes. )
    Last edited by Aladdin; 10-26-2013 at 06:25 PM.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Well, 'course I gotta hankerin' fer frog legs an' eye a Newt Gingrich, Aladdin, ducklin'!

ORDDU: But the rest of this coven doesn't. Orwen and I prefer eating at the Columbia Harbor House--and often do. Cosmic Ray's Cafe works in a pinch.

ORWEN: The mexican style restaurant in Adventureland is good--when it's open.

ORDDU: We're not meaning to say that Be Our Guest is a total waste of time. It's just not worth the hefty price. What you're really paying for is atmosphere and the beauty of the place. The food isn't any better, really, than what you can find elsewhere--considering the high prices that are charged. That's what we meant to say.

ORGOCH: Plus it'd be better if'n they DID serve frogs legs an' eyes of Newt Gingrich!!!! Maybe then I'd go back!!

• Minion

ORDDU: I should also add that, for sit down table dining, Orwen and I prefer Tony's Town Square Cafe and even the Crystal Palace over Be Our Guest.

I had lunch at Tortuga Tavern (the Mexican place by POTC). I didn't really care for it. Even Taco Bell is better than that.

• Minion

ORWEN: That's true, too! If the truth be told, MOST of the food at the Magic Kingdom isn't as good as what you can find outside the park. Have you ever tried to eat those awful nacho Chips they serve at Casey's Corner and also at the Mexican place at Epcot? They're just awful!!! It's like eating cardboard--no flavor at all!! We've complained about those a couple of times and got our money back the first time because they were really that bad!

I like the tortilla chips at La Cantina de San Angel at Epcot. And the tacos there are pretty tasty too.

I agree a lot of the food at Magic Kingdom isn't that great. I do love the pork shank at Gaston's Tavern and the waffle sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow though. One or the other is always on my must-have when I visit MK.

While we're at it, the food at the counter services places at DHS aren't that great either. I avoid eating there is possible, but I do love the apple muffins at Writer's Stop!

Thanks for everyone's comments on the place.

I was mainly curious not only due to assuming it was a reservation only type of place, but also due to the fact that Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite Disney films and was curious about the restaurant in general.

Perhaps, I should just check out Gaston's Tavern? But yeah, I didn't know about the quality of Be Our Guest, but knew the time was lengthy from I heard (and assumed). Besides, if I decide to eat (any restaurant, at any park) I try to do it when they open so I don't have to wait so long. It seems ridiculous anywhere to be honest in my opinion.

• Minion

ORDDU: Gaston's tavern has LaFou's Brew which is worth drinking. They also have a pork shank and cinnamon rolls there. If you like such things, be sure to drop in.

ORWEN: And Gaston uses antlers in all his decorating!!!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Be Our Guest just isn't worth the money. But if you must go, don't get the French Onion Soup, get the other soup they offer. The shredded pork is also the best item on the menu for lunch. And just get free ice water to drink. The desserts are all cupcakes... some are quite good if you like cupcakes, I personally like the strawberry one. But I must wonder why cupcakes are in a French Restaurant...
    -Bill

Quote Originally Posted by DisCollector View Post
    Perhaps, I should just check out Gaston's Tavern?
    Pretty much all they have at Gaston's are the pork shank (it's HUGE... and grab a few packets of BBQ sauce from Cosmic Ray's on the way over), cinnamon rolls and beverages (including the aforementioned LeFou's Brew, which is basically frozen apple juice with marshmallow foam topping).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast