Phineas & Ferb at JII?

I just got back from DL (moved out west and am an AP now) and was speaking with a CM there who is also a parks fanboy. He travels to WDW and tries to keep up with the rumors on both coasts. He has heard (I know, I know...CM rumors are dubious at best, but he seems convinced in his sources) that a Phineas and Ferb rehab is coming to Journey Into Imagination. It was unclear as to whether they would be included with Figment or as a replacement. My assumption/guess is that this may be an option for the old Imagewerks with the ride either remaining the same or seeing a new incarnation (sans P&F). Has anyone else heard this rumor or is it a lone-wolf?

Re: Phineas & Ferb at JII?

God I hope this isn't the case.

I've read similar thoughts and rumors here on MiceChat, but I don't think any of it was substantiated.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I don't care how popular the cartoon is. Theming the ride to P&F is groan worthy. If its just Imageworks, ok.

• Future Imagineer

Before this gets out of hand let me just say (from experience) that Cast Members are usually never a good source for unannounced information (not matter how convincing they may be), they are just reporting from the outside like all of us. So take this with a grain of salt. But saying that, there was a concept art leaked a year ago for this, but keep in mind that Figment is promised to stay at the imagination pavilion, whether or not that means he would move to a new ride or be part of a redo is anyone's guess, and really, would anyone miss the current version (keeping in mind Figment would stay)?
    Last edited by Right Ear; 10-28-2013 at 05:58 AM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

That photo is of the old Kodak camera store (which then became giant the Figment (aka Figzilla) meet & greet location for a while). If that's all they do then ok. But I personally can't stand that show (they creep me out to no end... they look possessed with those bug-eyes).

• formerly very helpful

If so, then insult to injury.

I've never seen the Phineas and Ferb show, but from what I've heard, it seems like it would fit well with the theme. I would love to see anything new happen there, so I will look forward to any kind of future announcements!

• Sasquatch

All I can think of is that kid who was obsessed with dreamfinderfigment and can't stop laughing.

But, this would be fine. It surely can't get any worse.

• Metro-Retro Historian

Quote Originally Posted by quatchi View Post
    But, this would be fine. It surely can't get any worse.
    This is Epcot we're talking about. Walt Disney Imagineering has mastered the art of taking the things there and making them worse.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Minion

this makes a lot of sense from a arketing standpoint since obviously they sell a lot of merch from the show throughout the parks. however as others have said here the presence should be in a limited manner simply because of the volitile nature of a TV show, they only last for so long (look how aged kim possible looked in WS by the end of things) it would also create some synergy between WS and FW with the detective game in WS and could even move the starting point of the game too that point. I would be comfortable with this taking over part of the gift shop and a new imageworks, at most the 3-D show, but thats it.

• Minion

That concept piece is only a debunked concept for the Agent P HQ that was rejected because Imagination is a little far removed from the actual game space and keeping it centrally located and simpler made more sense.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Sock Puppet

I thought this rumor was confirmed false by Robert Iger. He already said Figment was staying. However I hope the rumor of a rehab is true because this may mean the return of the original attraction.

I have heard this won't happen, and that's probably a good thing. However, I would really like to see them do something better with that space. If they rehab and use the ImageWorks location upstairs, then can expand the current ride and make it something remarkable again. Of course, this is probably a pipe dream.