View Poll Results: What's the best Disney park on Earth / Vote for more than one & comment

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disneyland

40 68.97%
  • Tokyo Disney Sea

19 32.76%
  • Tokyo Disneyland

5 8.62%
  • Disney California Adventure

4 6.90%
  • Epcot

5 8.62%
  • The Magic Kingdom

3 5.17%
  • Disneyland Paris

1 1.72%
  • the Disney Studios at WDW in Florida

0 0%
  • Disney Animal Kingdom

2 3.45%
  • Hong Kong Disneyland

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• former CM

What's the best Disney park on Earth?

What do you think is the best themed, Disney (non-water) park in the world?
    Vote for more than one & comment, please.

First, Micechat's polls only allow for ten options and--since there are 11 parks--I had to exclude one, so I’m excluding the landslide winner of a recent “What’s the worst Disney park?” poll, the Walt Disney Studios Park next to Disneyland Paris. It’s the only Disney park I really dislike.

Feel free to vote for more than one if it seems too close to call. Please vote for what you think might be the best park TODAY, not the Magic Kingdom in the 70s or Epcot in the early 80s, or Disneyland Paris in the 90s.

Few of us have recently been to all 11 Disney parks at the same time of year and this eliminates any "scientific" credibility for this poll. In fact, I'd probably lose respect for a journalist who cited this poll. I just want a feel for how Micechatters currently perceive the parks.

I voted for Disneyland in Anaheim,
    Tokyo Disneyland,
    Tokyo Disney Sea,
    and Disney California Adventure.

I’ve never been to the Disney Sea park, but I’ve read a lot about it and seen many photos and some videos of it, so even though I’ve heard it could use more attractions, I’m listing it as one in a four-way tie. I know that's problematic, even stupid, but having been to the outstanding Tokyo Disneyland and read about and seen so much about the newer Disney park next to it, I have to respect TDSea.

In the past I’d have listed WDW’s Magic Kingdom and Epcot near the top, but I just saw a small chunk of concrete missing on a WDW walkway in a movie recently filmed partly in the MK. This reminded me that many enthusiastic Disney park fans have reported that the parks of WDW have not been kept up, so I’m not voting for them. Ditto for Disneyland Paris. I hope all three of these once-great parks are restored and improved so that they move to the very top of more people's lists.

With 17 million a year flocking to the MK each year, I doubt Iger will make sufficient improvements at WDW very quickly. It will be interesting if a coming year will have a price increase that’s only equal to the inflation rate, or if there's an actual decline in attendance at any WDW park in a year when Universal Orlando's parks have increased their attendance.

I'm putting this poll in the WDW section so WDW's fans can defend their parks
    and, hopefully, convince me that their four parks (or some of them) are still among the very best.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 11-07-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: typos

• former CM

re: What's the best Disney park on Earth?

Micechat moderator: thank you for fixing the typo in the title of this thread!
    Last edited by jcruise86; 11-07-2013 at 06:48 PM.

• Minion

thats a pretty loaded question, from what perspective? if we are talking best thematics and detail then AK no question. if we are talking best atmosphere MK. if we are talking best purely for attractions then disneyland. if we are talking best for quality of attractions i would hazard to say tokyo. if we are talking best food epcot. each park has its own major significance or positive just like each park has its negatives on the flip side. theres not one park that is truly head and shoulders above the others as supreme.

• formerly very helpful

I voted for Disneyland. What is sad is in the past, I would have eagerly voted Epcot. However, I feel things have shifted to where I can't really say that. I still love it, but it's not the best anymore, IMHO. I didn't vote for any of the international parks, since I've never been to those.
    Why Disneyland? I find that it has the greatest amount of immersion for any of the parks I've been to. It is generally very clean, and the cast members are generally top notch. I also have the most history with this park, so there are a lot of personal nostalgia working for me.
    i will say that I've been to WDW a bunch of times over the years, and I still love it immensely. I know I've heard a lot of criticism of it over the years, but my own experience hasn't been like that. But I only voted for one, since I feel voting for more than one wouldn't result in an accurate survey.

DISNEYLAND. Hands down.
    The original. The Standard. Walt's park. The most charming. The best overall experience (rides/attractions, charm, conditions, history, customer service, etc.).

Having said all that, I haven't been to any of the international parks, just all the ones here in the U.S. Tokyo Disney Sea is the only other park I've heard talked about by friends in a way that rings with excitement and thrill. I've also heard Disneyland Paris is a really wonderful, beautiful park.

But I have a feeling that even (hopefully) if I get to see those parks, I'll still love Disneyland the best.

Perspective is difficult. TDS is astounding, of course, but most people outside Japan will get to that only as an adult, which changes things. DIsneyland is perfect, wonderful, but also comprehensible. TDS is a marvel, no matter how many other theme parks you've ever been to, it is difficult to imagine its grandeur until you're actually there.

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    But I have a feeling that even (hopefully) if I get to see those parks, I'll still love Disneyland the best.
    This is how I felt until I visited TDS. What this park lacks in nostalgia it makes up for by being as close to perfect as possible. I may be biased having only been into the park twice, and thus having had less time to nitpick than I have had in the domestic parks, but WOW is this place incredible.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• former CM

Re: What's the best Disney park on Earth?

Polls still open!

I'm not surprised that Disneyland (34) and Tokyo Disney Sea (18) earned so many votes,

but I thought Tokyo Disneyland (3 votes--currently tied with DCA) would be up there. Are the Tokyo Disneyland lines just too long? Has it gone too long without anything that's both new and extraordinary? (Like their unique Pooh ride.) Is Tokyo Disney Sea so superior that it seems like the only Tokyo Disney park to vote for?

As the voting now stands, there should be awards for gold and silver, but third place is so far back that it won't reach the stadium till after the awards ceremony. Congrats to EPCOT for coming in 3rd place with 5 votes.
    A distant bronze is still a bronze.

I bet that as recently as 10 years ago Epcot (5 votes) and the Magic Kingdom (2 votes)
    would have received far more votes than they did in 2013,
    while (10 years ago) DCA wouldn't have gotten any,
    and Disneyland (pre-Matt Ouimet's 50th Anniversary restoration) would have received fewer.
    (Note: Micechat has a Disneyland fan base, but I put this thread in the Walt Disney World section.)
    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-10-2013 at 11:51 PM. Reason: to update the voting

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    This is how I felt until I visited TDS. What this park lacks in nostalgia it makes up for by being as close to perfect as possible. I may be biased having only been into the park twice, and thus having had less time to nitpick than I have had in the domestic parks, but WOW is this place incredible.
    I keep hearing this... I really hope to be able to visit TDS (and Tokyo Disneyland) one day soon!

• Under that tree again!

I really had to pick best of resorts.

Cruise said it well about TDS and that is why I didn't consider TDL.
    I also went with DL, and EPCOT.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Not here to help

Been to all... there is only one that is best, DisneySEA.

I voted DisneySEA all the way!

I've only been to that, Disneyland, and DCA... but despite my nostalgia and undying love of Disneyland, Disneysea was STUNNING. The scale of everything is massive, there are few franchise tie-ins but instead lots of creative original ideas and environments. I only had a day to rush through the park but feel like I could've easily spent a week without experiencing everything.

The animatronics are beautiful (the Sinbad ride has the most fluid movement I've seen), and there are lots of tiny immersive details. In the queue for Journey to the Center of the Earth, there are drinking fountains incorporated into the rockwork - and later on, you see a fake non-functioning water fountain spigot that appears to have been overtaken by the rock formation! It was such a cute and unnecessary detail.

I think Walt would be the happiest with it if he visited all the parks today... The lands and rides inspire imagination instead of re-telling familiar stories, which I feel was his goal in the first place as seen in most of the classic Disneyland attractions!

• Sock Puppet

I really like EPCOT as a park. However it's sad to know that none of the classic attractions are there such as
    1.Journey Into Imagination (the original version)
    2.Horizons
    3.Kitchen Cabaret
    5.Cranium Command
    and other that I could think of at the top of my head. Epcot is really the only theme park that hasn't really kept any of the classic attractions. I hope that the original Journey Into Imagination, Kitchen Cabaret, and Horizons comes back. People loved them and it saddens me that they're closed and the only way I can experience them is by watching old home movies. People go to the Disney parks because of nostalgia and the memories the have. Why get rid of those memories? Makes no sense.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentFreak98 View Post
    I really like EPCOT as a park. However it's sad to know that none of the classic attractions are there such as
    1.Journey Into Imagination (the original version)
    2.Horizons
    3.Kitchen Cabaret
    5.Cranium Command
    and other that I could think of at the top of my head. Epcot is really the only theme park that hasn't really kept any of the classic attractions. I hope that the original Journey Into Imagination, Kitchen Cabaret, and Horizons comes back. People loved them and it saddens me that they're closed and the only way I can experience them is by watching old home movies. People go to the Disney parks because of nostalgia and the memories the have. Why get rid of those memories? Makes no sense.
    If Kitchen Cabaret was a classic then so was DCA's Superstar Limo.

I voted for Disneyland since it is the park of my childhood and the park that started it all. But I had to vote for TDS because it was mind-blowingly amazing. I have been to all the parks except for Hong Kong Disneyland. Disneyland Paris has the potential to be amazing, but it was falling apart when I was there and it was depressing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast