Renting DVC points and MyMagic+

Hi there, my experienced and knowledgeable Micechatter friends...

I'm looking into renting DVC points through a professional website, and I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with that, particularly along with the new MyMagic+ system? I know renting points means you have limited access to your reservation before you get there...does this make it difficult to make Fastpass+ reservations? If anyone out there has experience with this and could give me the pros and cons, I would much appreciate it!

FYI, I will not be using the dining plan. I'm hoping to find a studio or one-bedroom villa at the Boardwalk or Yacht & Beach Club. Renting points would allow me to afford a Deluxe resort for the first time...but if it seems like there will be too many drawbacks or risks to renting, I will just book a Moderate resort directly through Disney.

Re: Renting DVC points and MyMagic+

Quote Originally Posted by PBandJ View Post
    Hi there, my experienced and knowledgeable Micechatter friends...

I'm looking into renting DVC points through a professional website, and I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with that, particularly along with the new MyMagic+ system? I know renting points means you have limited access to your reservation before you get there...does this make it difficult to make Fastpass+ reservations? If anyone out there has experience with this and could give me the pros and cons, I would much appreciate it!

FYI, I will not be using the dining plan. I'm hoping to find a studio or one-bedroom villa at the Boardwalk or Yacht & Beach Club. Renting points would allow me to afford a Deluxe resort for the first time...but if it seems like there will be too many drawbacks or risks to renting, I will just book a Moderate resort directly through Disney.
    hey there, i rented a room through a dvc rental group back in feb, linked it to my disney experience in april/may and was able to book magic+ experiences when i was selected for it. had no issues with any reservations or anything. so i think you will be fine, if you can link it

I have another question. Does renting a DVC room also mean you don`t get Extra Magic Hour?

Thanks for the reply, renderman! I'm glad to hear you didn't have any issues.

I'm a little disappointed to see that the studio and one bedroom DVC rooms all feature one bed and one sleeper sofa (aside from Old Key West, where I have no interest in staying). Anyone know how comfy the sleeper sofas are at Boardwalk or Yacht & Beach Club? Sleeping on anything other than a proper bed is not my idea of a vacation!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryp49 View Post
    I have another question. Does renting a DVC room also mean you don`t get Extra Magic Hour?
    Your room key gets you in.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.