Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Re: November 2013 WDW trip report - planning and ongoing updates.

Curious, what is your opinion of the HHG effect in the HM now that you've seen it in person versus your opinion just from the reports of others?

I can only imagine how you are feeling about all that space! I didn't realize how intimate (polite for small) Disneyland Park is until recently. Just the Magic Kingdom size is probably a bit overwhelming, let alone the entire resort!

Be sure to get your fill of the PeopleMover and the Carousel of Progress!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Not impressed with the projection HHG's, look too flat and not stylized the same as the physical models. The gags, meh, not terrible idea, but F for execution - no mystery. It's weird going from that blatant silliness (not just ghosts having fun like in the graveyard, there's a difference) to the eerie Little Leota bit.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

And here is but a small sample of photos taken today, in no particular order:

Sparkle sparkle.

My favorite window display ever for Main Street.

The Nautilus hides in the rocky pools at the Little Mermaid ride.

Good old Caribbean Plaza.

Jingle Cruise decor.

Thomas Jefferson's prized mastadon tooth. (not made up!)

Last edited by RegionsBeyond; 01-16-2014 at 07:24 PM.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Name:  10847997465_b813d455b5.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  158.9 KB

FINALLY I see it but where exactly is this for my next trip next month. I've seen/found Steamboat Willie Mickey Mouse but this one I could not find for the life of me.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post

FINALLY I see it but where exactly is this for my next trip next month. I've seen/found Steamboat Willie Mickey Mouse but this one I could not find for the life of me.
    I wish I could tell you with accurate specificity - it's the pool (very small) more or less just before going into the building for the rest of the line (with all the little cartoon crabs and sea junk) - sadly cannot describe it more accurately than that.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

And now, videos from yesterday!

• formerly very helpful

These are spectacular! Keep them coming!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Firstly, another handful of Magic Kingdom photos had processed but didn't post this AM:

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

EPCOT was today, and actually turned out very relaxing, which I found surprising - used to Disneyland days usually getting hectic between crowds and long waits and the like, so we seemingly planned well in terms of when to visit.

Arrived before opening and rode Spaceship Earth, then had a small breakfast at the Land (we deliberately skipped riding Soarin' due to it being the exact same show as California and not worth all the intense interest displayed here, to us anyway.)

Final ride/attraction count: Spaceship Earth (twice), the Nemo ride, Universe of Energy, Living With the Land, Mission: Space, the new Imagination ride (blegh, bring back something like the old one!), Maelstrom, Gran Fiesta Tour (blegh again pretty much), American Adventure, Reflections of China, Impressions du France, and the Canada film. Skipped Test Track due to a random 70 minute wait (!). Everything else was 5-10 minutes basically, longest wait was perhaps 20 minutes because the whole France movie had just seated and begun when we arrived. Lucked out in arriving just in time for American Adventure and Universe of Energy within 5 minutes of showtime without planning it.

Dinner was at Rose and Crown, and very enjoyable - a nice breeze coming from over the water and not yet dark, food good quality and an excellent hostess.

I am overall pleased that EPCOT stubbornly clings to some 'edutainment' shows and attractions - American Adventure, Living With The Land, several exhibits in countries like Mexico and China along the way. There are some duds though - new Imagination, the loud and crass redone Mexico boat ride, the Martin Short Canada film with 'meta' Disney puns just like the former Under New Management Tiki Room. I was glad indeed to hear 'Canada, You're A Lifetime Journey' all the same, even if a newly recorded version - too many pavilions lost their classic 80's theme songs for my taste.

So those are my rambling thoughts, photos to come soon when processed, tomorrow it's off to Universal and Islands of Adventure! Huzzah butterbeer!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

And now some from Future World for the night!

The name of the Duck Tales inventor character shown on the right escapes me, but very obscure character to be even hinted at in the parks.

We miss you, Dreamfinder and a show for Figment that had some ambition and dignity.

Last edited by RegionsBeyond; 01-16-2014 at 07:38 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

There's no place like World Showcase!

Ah, frozen coke.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Hmm, interest dried up? No matter! Yesterday was Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios.

First, I have to say at the outset - Islands is an amazing park and beautiful detail and scope and ambiance. It's better than EPCOT at current. (sorry!)

Wizarding World delivered the charm and more small detail and book-centric surprises tucked into corners that I wasn't expecting, and quite thoroughly pleased with it. Both the butterbeer and pumpkin juice quite tasty - they can't start selling butterbeer in California fast enough for me!

At the Studios park, I love love love E.T. and still miss it being gone from Hollywood. The queue is the best themed queue for my money (relaxing, cool, misty redwood forest with just the right tone of eerieness and mystery) and the ride itself kind of accidentally becomes near-genius level of bizarre thanks to the combining of the very organic, earth-bound nature of the film-plot elements and how much the first part feels like the classic movie, and then you've got the super strange bouncing alien musical jamboree tacked on. It's ridiculous and fun in the best of ways and defies explanation of logical design though apart from 'make the end fun for the kids! Wacky!' - but it works for me, likely because of how strange it all is.

Here comes some photos and hope some interest remains in this reporting!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Mickey waffles for breakfast at Riverside before getting a taxi over to 'that other place'.

Twirl 'n Hurl!

'Mother, oh god, mother! Blood, blood!'

Ben Gardener's head from Jaws.

Meg Mucklebones, the Jenny Greenteeth-inspired swamp beastie from 80's fantasy classic Legend.

Very tasty food at the Three Broomsticks. Perfectly roasted potatoes, which not many places manage to do just right without some being inconsistently cooked.

I'd give a slight edge to regular butterbeer over frozen variety, but both vry nice.

Chicken and waffle sandwich with maple syrup mayo sauce from the Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel chicken outlet in the new Springfield expansion in the Studios - quite delicious overall, and the Simpsons ride is rife with very dead-on theme park cliches and jokes of all sorts, as well as a extended tribute to Back to the Future joke in the queue area. Good stuff.

Great pictures! Nice report!

I do have to say for a minute there I thought you stole one of my pictures....

Great thread, hope you had a relaxing visit to Florida. WDW is a 2nd home for us and I love seeing pictures between our own trips.
    ~ Erik

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast