Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• former CM

Re: Sid Cahuenga's closing today permanently to make a My Magic + Center! :(

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    Sad, but expected.
    Besides MyMagic+ plus areas
    and Disney Vacation Club stands,
    what exciting additions can we expect at WDW next?
    (I liked this store.)

I hadn't been in there in years - at first they really did have unique, authenitc, Disney-related items - but the last few times I went in, it was the same stuff you could get at any other movie memorabilia store, but at 3x the price. I loved the concept and the building, but I think it could be done better at Downtown Disney by an outside vendor who really understands the memorabilia business.

• secure all cargo

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    to be fair from Disney's perspective it probably didn't make much fiscal sense anymore...
    Not to beat a dead horse, but that's one of the differences between Walt and post-Walt. In our era, everything must contribute to the bottom line. Walt cared about the bottom line as a company, but there were certain things where he didn't mind eating the cost, as long as it contributed to enhance guest experience. Nothing you can do about it now, it is what it is, and as goofy donald says, the current corporate practice makes absolutely sound sense. I don't have to like it though, and I now have to mourn it and move on.

I did read somewhere although they are losing the store, they are relocating some of the merchandise to the AFI shop, which also makes sense.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse, but that's one of the differences between Walt and post-Walt. In our era, everything must contribute to the bottom line. Walt cared about the bottom line as a company, but there were certain things where he didn't mind eating the cost, as long as it contributed to enhance guest experience. Nothing you can do about it now, it is what it is, and as goofy donald says, the current corporate practice makes absolutely sound sense. I don't have to like it though, and I now have to mourn it and move on.

I did read somewhere although they are losing the store, they are relocating some of the merchandise to the AFI shop, which also makes sense.
    fair enough but i think with the direction the park is moving in as well this makes sense thematically as well. there seems to be a consistent trend of entering the worlds of films as opposed to entering film sets where movies are made in the vein of universal. this shop is in conflict with that changing overall theme.

Terrible. Just terrible.

My Tragic+

• Mickey icecream sammiches

Man this completely sucks. I never bought anything from that store, but it helped to add to the classic era of Hollywood feel of that park, and specifically the front area.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12