Smile Please help make anniversary trip amazing, Dec 1 2 3 4 staying at yacht club

Hi Everyone,

[IMG]file://localhost/Users/jim/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image002.png[/IMG]
    First off a Big thank you for all your posts here on the forum. I have been looking for a while and I can honestly say all the information is really great and very much appreciated.

Sooo I need some help, My husband and I decided to celebrate our anniversary now that we can afford it, to squeeze in a last minute trip. He is stressed, i need a break, but I canít help to feel behind the eight ball on this trip since I usually have about 4 or 5 months to plan and now I only have less than 2 weeks.

We are 2 adults 37 and 42. And my husband needs a break to disconnect from being a tech.
    So flights are booked, rooms are reserved, but i still need major help.

QUESTIONS:
    Right now these are some questions that I have.
    We are going to spend 2 nights at Universal first 29 and 30th to meet his friend who is a harry potter fan, and then on Sunday dec 1 we will go over to Disney, To my husbands delight. We got a good rate at Yacht club. Does anyone have any recommendations for rooms there??

TICKETS: My husband is going to get an Annual pass. He has some business coming up so tat is why but i will be getting a reg park hopper ticket.

Sunday Dec 1
    I am assuming that we will try and get in an early morning at universal to get on the rides that we may have missed out on and then head out to go over to Disney. mid afternoon.

TRANSPORTATION to DISNEY from UNIVERSAL
    What is the best way / fastest to get from Royal Pacific Hotel at Universal to Yacht club on Sunday Dec 1?

Should we just take a cab? Or is there a shuttle that would work and be hassle free? I think I read that there is some sort of service that can get be from Disney to Universal, is there one that gets me from Universal to Disney?

DISNEY YACHT CLUB:
    1st Night Once we arrive at Yacht club, we will check in and then maybe take a nap? Would should we do since it will kind of be a half day. Since my husband will be the one with the annual pass, should we just hang at the boardwalk, do dinner locally, there in hotel or at swan or dolphin? Where we can use his dining discount or head out to down town Disney?

TOURS:
    I would love to do a behind the scenes tour. We have never done one, so the long ones that are listed for 7 hours may not be our cup of tea. If any of you have been on some of the shorter ones. Which of the shorter ones would you recommend?
    Walt Disney World Backstage Tours

Advanced dining reservations: Dinner only - -considering lunch. What are some of the do not misses for a 4 night stay?

And If you were in my position what would be your next step of planning?

thanks in advance for all your help, Liz
    Last edited by Blueeyes_two; 11-19-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: spelling

• Under that tree again!

Re: Please help make anniversary trip amazing, Dec 1 2 3 4 staying at yacht club

Quote Originally Posted by Blueeyes_two View Post
    So flights are booked, rooms are reserved, but i still need major help.

QUESTIONS:
    Right now these are some questions that I have.
    We are going to spend 2 nights at Universal first 29 and 30th to meet his friend who is a harry potter fan, and then on Sunday dec 1 we will go over to Disney, To my husbands delight. We got a good rate at Yacht club. Does anyone have any recommendations for rooms there??
    Did you book at an AP rate? Since your husband is getting one you might see if you can save on the room. AP rates beat other specials.

Have you been to Universal? If only going for Potter, go early before waits build, first thing. You can leave at lunch.

As for the Yatch Club. You booked a room type, you may have a room viewing the water, pool, or parking lot. You are stuck with the room type. If I remember the room layout right low numbers are out in the wing, and high by the check in. If you have a water view aim for a high room that faces east and you can see into Epcot. If not aim for a large number which is closer to the lobby, bus stop, and facilities. Request at check in and doing early in the day and mentioning you can wait will help get a better room.

Do ask for some separation from the bus stop. A high room will help. I've never slept near it but some people find it's noisy.

TICKETS: My husband is going to get an Annual pass. He has some business coming up so tat is why but i will be getting a reg park hopper ticket.

Sunday Dec 1
    I am assuming that we will try and get in an early morning at universal to get on the rides that we may have missed out on and then head out to go over to Disney. mid afternoon.

TRANSPORTATION to DISNEY from UNIVERSAL
    What is the best way / fastest to get from Royal Pacific Hotel at Universal to Yacht club on Sunday Dec 1?
    Your option and best option is taxi or taxi. There are buses from the Studios to WDW, but not the Universal hotels.

Should we just take a cab? Or is there a shuttle that would work and be hassle free? I think I read that there is some sort of service that can get be from Disney to Universal, is there one that gets me from Universal to Disney?
    There are only shuttles that go from WDW resorts to other parks. Not the other way around.

DISNEY YACHT CLUB:
    1st Night Once we arrive at Yacht club, we will check in and then maybe take a nap? Would should we do since it will kind of be a half day. Since my husband will be the one with the annual pass, should we just hang at the boardwalk, do dinner locally, there in hotel or at swan or dolphin? Where we can use his dining discount or head out to down town Disney?
    Like I mentioned above to get the room you want be flexible on what time you get into your room. So don't plan on that nap. They will happily hold your bags just make sure you have on your clothing and items you will need.

DTD is ok, but not a must.

Walk around Cresent Lake, check out Storm along Lagoon and visit the Boardwalk Resort lobby. Take a friendship boat from the hotel to the DHS and Epcot gates for a little cruise.

Need more adventure, take the bus to the MK. Ride the monorail and visit the resorts along it's path.

Your husband should also consider a Tables in Wonderland Card. The reason is the AP has some dining discounts, the TIW card has many more discount locations. Also a discount on alcohol if you have a drink with a meal, an AP does not discount drinks.

Look at the difference and see if the cost of the card is worthwhile. I'm guessing it will be. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pa...ing-discounts/

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pa...in-wonderland/

TOURS:
    I would love to do a behind the scenes tour. We have never done one, so the long ones that are listed for 7 hours may not be our cup of tea. If any of you have been on some of the shorter ones. Which of the shorter ones would you recommend?
    Walt Disney World Backstage Tours
    It could be hard to get reservations this late.

Behind the Seed, Wild Africa Trek.
    You may want to consider a seasonal tour since it's the Holidays.

Advanced dining reservations: Dinner only - -considering lunch. What are some of the do not misses for a 4 night stay?
    Remember that thing I said about getting reservations this late? I would go with a really open mind and take what you can get. Without a reservation you should expect to wait 30-45 minutes at table service locations.

And If you were in my position what would be your next step of planning?

thanks in advance for all your help, Liz
    Get ADRs the dining reservations right away. Call the AP hotline about hotel rates. Have fun.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Re: Please help make anniversary trip amazing, Dec 1 2 3 4 staying at yacht club

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post

Walk around Cresent Lake, check out Storm along Lagoon and visit the Boardwalk Resort lobby. Take a friendship boat from the hotel to the DHS and Epcot gates for a little cruise.
    Absolutely - to me, the best part about the Epcot resort area is that you can move between the resorts (Yacht/Beach, Boardwalk, Dolphin/Swan) pretty easily for restaurants, shopping, and sightseeing - especially with the Christmas decorations, that will be a great way to spend the afternoon. You will have tons of restaurant options between all the resorts, and if you are flexible on what time you eat, you should still be able to get something nice booked.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    It could be hard to get reservations this late.
    I couldn't tell which parks you are planning to visit, but in the past I have had great meals with very last-minute reservations at Tony's Town Square at MK, Biergarten at Epcot, Brown Derby at the Studios, and the Rainforest Cafe at AK. It never hurts to stop at guest services when you arrive to ask if anything has opened up at more popular places if there's someplace on your wish list, though - especially if you are flexible on what time you eat (notice a theme here?), you never know!

Have a great trip, and happy anniversary!