• Amy

Question? Needing Help.. Please read. What Disney attraction would you event

Hi my name is Amy and I am needing help. I do not know if this is the correct place to post this or not. I have a oh so fun art, music, and theatre class for elementary education and for my final project I have to come up with a new attraction for any of the Walt Disney World parks. This class is part of my teaching internship and is worth 30 percent of my grade and I have no clue where to begin. I have a 95 average in there right now and I want to keep that, but I am totally drawing a blank on this project. Not only do I have to design my own attraction and describe it, I have to design a fast pass and have a color pattern to go with it. All of this information will go on a trifold board and I will have to do a 3 min commerical for my 3 techers. Then my 3 teacher will either buy my attraction or not. If they do not buy my attraction, I do not get an A in the class. So, I know I have to really sale the idea to them. I have work so hard to get to the end of the journey and I would really like to end this class with a great grade. I have put to much effort into earning a really good GPA that I don't want to let this last class bring me down. I now that I am probably over thinking or worrying about having something great, that I am causing myself to go blank. So I am asking for any help would be great. I would be greatful. You can email at [email protected] or post back on here and I will try to figure out how to read them. Sorry really new to this.

• Minion

Re: Question? Needing Help.. Please read. What Disney attraction would you event

My suggestion would be to invent an attraction that is original and does not utilize a movie franchise, for it could appeal more easily to a broader audience.

Re: Question? Needing Help.. Please read. What Disney attraction would you event

Amen!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Disneyland 20 year APH

keep it simple. Make a story that works. I recommend looking at HKDLs Mystic Manor and see the place of a more recent original idea. Watch some ride through videos to get a feel for the attraction. Keep an open mind and go around and try pitching your ideas to your class mates and see their reaction to the ride ideas. Keep in mind guest and CM safety. I would first look just at the maps of the parks and see where there is a need so you can fill the need. WDW is full of spots so that would not be hard. Then look for what the theming is in that location to build your story around. Don't be afraid to look at old ideas and borrow from them. Good Imagineers don't get discouraged when a new idea gets turned down and learn from your mistakes. The point of the assignment is to learn what it takes to do this is really take the time to add detail. Be bold, be creative, be optimistic.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Metro-Retro Historian

I usually start with the place. Since almost everything is broken up into various themed areas, once I know the area I am designing for, the theme of that area helps narrow down my options. Then I try to figure out what sort of experience I want to create. Do I want something scary, funny, or thrilling and start to come up with some scene ideas. Once I have a good idea of the type of mood I want to create I choose a ride type and vehicle that fits that mood (if it's a ride).

For the fastpass, I would do an image search to see what other fastpasses look like. They are mostly just fonts. There's a great blog that does a lot of Disney font studies that you can find here that might help with inspiration.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Amy

Thanks for all the help.