Question for people who used/using MyMagic+

I was talking about my experience at the Disneyland section with MyMagic+ and thought I would ask people who have been involved with MyMagic+ about their experience.

If you did not register for MyMagic+ when you made a reservation at a hotel, did they already have bands at the hotel for you anyway when you came? And if they did, were the cast members casual in letting you have a choice to use them? Or did you feel pressured into using them, or said they it was a requirement? Did they suggest it was a requirement to sign up for My Disney experience, or said it was simply an option?

Someone brought it up that it technically isn't a requirement according to Disney, but I personally felt pressured into making an account (but didn't) and then was told (when I said I wasn't) that I should eventually and that everyone will have to.

If you've had an experience with cast members and MyMagic+, what has yours been?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Question for people who used/using MyMagic+

Having an account is essentially required to manage the features of your vacation. There is no way around that. I've never had anyone tell me that I have to use the magic bands, those are entirely optional, however, the RFID cards are required.
    -Bill

When we booked we were told that we were not a part of the "testing" with magic +. However when we arrived we had magic bands waiting for us and was told to make an account on our smartphones which we do not have. Quite ticked about how we were reminded that fastpasses were not going to be around everytime we went for a paper one and had to go online to book fastpasses in advance now.

They gave us a key to the world card to use if our magicbands didn't work but was told to use the magic bands. I didn't mind using the bands for our room, tickets, and dining but as I said above for people who don't have or can afford a smartphone it sucks. And I am not one to pre plan my whole trip. I like dinner reservations but when it comes to fastpasses I don't want to book them in advance because I might change my mind when I get there. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by DisCollector View Post
    I was talking about my experience at the Disneyland section with MyMagic+ and thought I would ask people who have been involved with MyMagic+ about their experience.

If you did not register for MyMagic+ when you made a reservation at a hotel, did they already have bands at the hotel for you anyway when you came? And if they did, were the cast members casual in letting you have a choice to use them? Or did you feel pressured into using them, or said they it was a requirement? Did they suggest it was a requirement to sign up for My Disney experience, or said it was simply an option?

Someone brought it up that it technically isn't a requirement according to Disney, but I personally felt pressured into making an account (but didn't) and then was told (when I said I wasn't) that I should eventually and that everyone will have to.

If you've had an experience with cast members and MyMagic+, what has yours been?
    Hi!

I spent eight days at the Walt Disney World Resort about three weeks ago and had the opportunity to use FastPass+ during my entire stay. About two months before my trip, I was emailed by Disney with an offer to test MyMagic+. I accepted and booked three FastPass reservations for each day well in advance, assuming that paper FastPass tickets would not be available.

However: When we got to the parks, my family and I were able to use our room keys to get regular FastPass tickets as well. This made the trip really amazing because we had a minimum of three FastPasses per day. I have heard though, that Disney guests will not be able to use both systems as of 2014. (Please Note: There are significantly fewer paper FastPasses available now, due to the new system.)

We were also free not to use the Magic Bands throughout the trip. I personally did not feel pressured at all. My family chose to use them almost all the time since we experienced no malfunctions at all with the system. If you don't sign up for My Disney Experience though, you would not be able to book FastPass reservations - at least as far as I know. So, given the shortage of paper FastPasses, I would highly recommend signing up.

A couple of times, I did need to change FastPass reservation times and I was normally able to do so with no problems from my smartphone. However, one thing I did notice was that, if you are booking a FastPass+ reservation the day you are planning to use it, there are certain restrictions. For example: In EPCOT, I could not book both Soarin' and Test Track for that day. (I was able to do this ahead of time though.) You can also only book ride reservations in one park per day, even if you have ParkHopper tickets.

Over all, I really enjoyed using My Disney Experience - and not just because of FastPass+. FastPass+ is great because it allows you reserve a place in line on the popular rides (e.g. Toy Story Midway Mania) without rushing to the park, but the system has other perks. The mobile app gives you up-to-date wait times and park hours for each park and can also be used to coordinate dining reservations.

I hope this helps!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

The ability to use FastPass and FastPass+ is already being removed at some resorts. These resorts are also only giving Key to the World cards on request, and they will not work in the FastPass machines.
    Last edited by lazyboy97O; 12-07-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The ability to use FastPass and FastPass+ is already being removed at some resorts. These resorts are also only giving Key to the World cards on request, and they will not work in the FastPass machines.
    Yes, I have heard reports of this and have already begun advising my clients using MyMagic+ to plan on only having access to FastPass+.

Out of curiosity, to which resorts in particular do you refer?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse Consultant View Post
    Yes, I have heard reports of this and have already begun advising my clients using MyMagic+ to plan on only having access to FastPass+.

Out of curiosity, to which resorts in particular do you refer?
    I believe it has happened or set to happen shortly at all of the Value Resorts except Art of Animation.

•   

I was at WDW last week and participated in the "testing" while staying at the Yacht Club. I have been skeptical about how it would work since I have a Premier AP. I was also concerned about how the Fastpass+ would work if you got delayed or the attraction was down for a while. I ordered my Magicband before I left and was surprised to have it arrive three days later via next day Fed Ex. My concern about connecting my AP was confirmed when I tried to use my Magicband and AP for admission. Despite my linking them before I left and having the CM at check-in verifying they were linked they weren't. Guest Relations was able to fix this. An important thing to remember is that attractions with regular Fastpasses incorporate the Fastpass+ into those systems. For attractions that do not have regular Fastpasses such as parade viewing, Fantasmic! and other shows, Fastpass+ is the only way to get access to the priority access. It worked well and I am now convinced that it will be a good thing in the long run for WDW. I'm still not sure about DLR due to the majority of guests being local AP holders.
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

FastPass+ has gone through several changes in a short time. One being where someone mentioning earlier, not being able to book two attractions ( such as test track and soarin) together. They have implemented a tiering system when you pick one attraction from column 1 and two from column 2. ( on a side note- at studios specifically Toy Story, Rock n Rollercoaster, fantasmic, and beauty and the beast are in column 1, and tower of terror and star tours are in column 2) starting next week we will be testing magic bands with some non resort guests ( mainly 5 day and less day guests) with ap and cast not far after. Please keep in mind that next week paper fastpass machines will be unavailable at Animal Kingdom specifically while they test this. I have tons more info if anyone wants to ask. ( I work fastpass + at studios)