View Poll Results: What Florida dev. are you most excited about?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hogwarts Exp. & Diagon Alley at Universal Orlando

32 57.14%

8 14.29%
  • Star Wars at WDW

6 10.71%
  • the Dwarf Coaster at WDW

8 14.29%
  • Falcon's Fury at Busch Gardens Tampa

1 1.79%
  • rumored Marvel attractions at WDW

0 0%
  • MyMagic+ / MagicBands at WDW

1 1.79%
  • Jcruise86, you forgot one. Please see my post below.

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Which one Florida theme park development RU currently most excited about?

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    A handful of "votes" by Universal employees is not something to gauge what will only be able to be judged when the projects are done. We need to start a new poll and ask who hates these stupid polls......lol
    Yeah... Because the only reason somebody would be able to enjoy amazing new experiences outside of Walt Disney World is if they are being bought.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    What about "Despicable Me"?
    Produced by Illumination Entertainment.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    . . . Produced by Illumination Entertainment.
    Thanks for the "Despicable Me" correction, Lazyboy!
    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-10-2013 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    A handful of "votes" by Universal employees is not something to gauge what will only be able to be judged when the projects are done. We need to start a new poll and ask who hates these stupid polls......lol
    If you're so certain that this poll's result is the doing of nefarious Universal employees, please name them. Otherwise I think we can disregard this rubbish conspiracy theory rather easily.

As for waiting until the projects are finished to judge them, the poll only asks which you're most excited for. Nothing more, nothing less. Besides, the poll includes Avatar, and I wanted to be able to answer before I died.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    No, the Potter expansion and its connecting Hogwarts Express are not a close second, in fact, it currently leads Avatarland 10 to 3 on this thread, despite that this thread resides in the Disney World, not the Universal, section. Go Steve Burke!
    In fact you are incorrect. I am exactly right. Avatarland 1st Potter a distant 2nd. You asked what I am most excited about, and that is my answer.

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    Wizarding World is a whole land and then some, existing in two separate parks and between them. But more importantly, Diagon Alley is an expansion that's actually getting built. And based on what I've seen and heard, they certainly intend to top what came previously. I'm not sure what you mean by "a big mall."
    We are talking about the expansion it is what is going to be new, the "development. Not the old WWoHP. Diagon Alley/London.

As I understand it Universal is getting a big land with two rides and fixes for the mistakes of Potter 1.0. Bigger dining and retail and lots of it. This is to make up for the undersized WWoHP. Then the train which I imagine will be good, we should know in possibly a couple months. And a ride which is expected to be less thrilling than the puke machine forbidden journey. I also imagine this coaster to just be an increment above Crush's Coaster in WDSP, good thing they have had years to better it.

Unfortunately USO lost two attractions for this land. Where in WDW they are relocating rather than replacing.

Avatarland will be fresh and new, unlike any area in the park.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    As I understand it Universal is getting a big land with two rides and fixes for the mistakes of Potter 1.0. Bigger dining and retail and lots of it. This is to make up for the undersized WWoHP. Then the train which I imagine will be good, we should know in possibly a couple months. And a ride which is expected to be less thrilling than the puke machine forbidden journey. I also imagine this coaster to just be an increment above Crush's Coaster in WDSP, good thing they have had years to better it.
    The shop sizes in Hogsmead were not a mistake. Olivander's Wand Shop was a surprise hit, but the decision to keep the shops small was intentional on the part of J.K. Rowling.

Not sure where you're getting such low expectations for Gringotts. It has always been described as another immersive and stunning attraction building on the path started by Revenge of the Mummy.

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    If you're so certain that this poll's result is the doing of nefarious Universal employees, please name them. Otherwise I think we can disregard this rubbish conspiracy theory rather easily.

As for waiting until the projects are finished to judge them, the poll only asks which you're most excited for. Nothing more, nothing less. Besides, the poll includes Avatar, and I wanted to be able to answer before I died.
    I don't need to call them out, they know who they are. Dis-regard what you want, just don't speak for everyone when saying that. Many others, who have quit posting on here, feel the same way I do. As far as my comment about waiting for projects to be finished, it wasn't casted toward the poll, but to the comments after the question.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54
    I don't need to call them out, they know who they are.
    Then why say anything to begin with unless you are just looking to cause trouble? Unless you are going to name names with proof you are just engaging in name calling because people disagree with you.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Simply put, I'm looking forward (pretty much equally) to the variety of new upcoming Floridian rides (Avatar, Star Wars, Hogwarts Express/Diagon Alley, Dwarf Coaster, Falcon's Fury and the rumored WDW Marvel attractions) for a variety of reasons.

If Disney is planning to build Marvel themed rides and other attractions at WDW, apparently the company figures it has legally admissible grounds. The competion betyween Universal and Disney is a good thing, as each are competing for our tourist/tp enthusiast dollar by putting everything they have into a "WOW! factor in producing each of their rides/attrations.

Should Mickey and Uni get into an all out legal battle over Marvel franchise contracts, this would be an added element of entertainment, as I will sit back and enjoy the show! In the end, I believe that each will prove to share joint exclusivity (elimiting the right of all other enterprises from building Marvel brand amusement park attractions - but neither Mickey or Uni will be able to control what the other does).
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Hello Dolly.

I voted for Potter. I'm actually putting off my first WDW trip for a few years and going to Universal Orlando for the first time when Potter opens.

Disneyworld hasn't added anything that makes me want to go badly, so I might as well wait till Avatar opens. Also I'm hoping the planned improvements will happen to all parks despite some recent bad news. My whole family doesn't mind at all not going to WDW for a few years, we're really pumped for Universal.

Then why say anything to begin with unless you are just looking to cause trouble? Unless you are going to name names with proof you are just engaging in name calling because people disagree with you.
    LOL......Whatever you want to think is fine. I know for FACT, that there are USO employees that come one here , and start things, because I talked to a couple at the I.A.A.S.A., AND THEY WERE LAUGHING ABOUT IT ! I didn't call anyone names, and my comment wasn't disagreeing with anyone . I just made a statement that many people who USED to visit this part of the forum are thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97o View Post
    then why say anything to begin with unless you are just looking to cause trouble? Unless you are going to name names with proof you are just engaging in name calling because people disagree with you.
    lol

• Artistic integrity

My vote: Hogwarts Exp. & Diagon Alley at Universal Orlando

It opens next year! Not 4 years (like Avatar) .. not 3 .. not 2 ... but NEXT year!

A little hard to get excited when they haven't broken ground, anything can between now .. and the supposed "break ground" day. It's too far off, as well. That's not scheduled to open till 2017. Hard to get excited about something 4 years away.

Star Wars at WDW
    So far, nothing but internet rumor - Disney has said zero in terms as this being official.

the Dwarf Coaster at WDW
    A two, maybe 3 minute "Casey Jr. Circus Train" sort of ride, with one interior "show room" scene? And this is going to eclipse the E Ticket Diagon Alley, how?!

rumored Marvel attractions at WDW
    A Rumor is not a "development to get excited over" .. when "rumors" tend to fall flat on their bums.

MyMagic+ / MagicBands at WDW
    This ... as something to get excited over?? I'd have to be smoking something to think there's some tangible benefit in a glorified "fast pass" for OLD things. That's right - OLD stuff! As in, nothing new to offer. No new attractions ... rides ....

WDW Management - The Ultimate "Soup Nazi" ....
    No New Rides For You! Come back in 3 DECADES!
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Under that tree again!

[QUOTE=Tomorrowland_1967;1057056857]
    A little hard to get excited when they haven't broken ground, anything can between now .. and the supposed "break ground" day. It's too far off, as well. That's not scheduled to open till 2017. Hard to get excited about something 4 years away.
    [QUOTE]

Or has it?

The area being developed isn't easy to see. Out of view.

However a casting calls has been put out for Festival of the Lion King, which is supposed to open in the new location. The roles start in April which could mean open for summer.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Or has it?

The area being developed isn't easy to see. Out of view.

However a casting calls has been put out for Festival of the Lion King, which is supposed to open in the new location. The roles start in April which could mean open for summer.
    The area being developed is still open to the public and will remain open until January 5 when Festival of the Lion King closes.

• Under that tree again!

The area being developed is still open to the public and will remain open until January 5 when Festival of the Lion King closes.
    Not all of the area.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast