View Poll Results: What Florida dev. are you most excited about?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hogwarts Exp. & Diagon Alley at Universal Orlando

32 57.14%

8 14.29%
  • Star Wars at WDW

6 10.71%
  • the Dwarf Coaster at WDW

8 14.29%
  • Falcon's Fury at Busch Gardens Tampa

1 1.79%
  • rumored Marvel attractions at WDW

0 0%
  • MyMagic+ / MagicBands at WDW

1 1.79%
  • Jcruise86, you forgot one. Please see my post below.

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Which one Florida theme park development RU currently most excited about?

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Not all of the area.
    It is enough of the area. Permits will also need to be filed and that has not happened either.

• former CM

Welcome Jay Rasulo, Bob Iger, Thomas Staggs, or Meg Crofton to this thread!

. . . . . . . . . . . (Someone used their one vote to vote for MagicBands.)

And congrats on the Dwarf coaster for your two votes.

As I write this Avatar and the unclear Star Wars developments have earned a combined 8 votes (to Potter's 14), even though they won't open for a long, long, loooooong time.
    Had I started this thread in the Universal section, Universal might have beaten WDW by a bigger %.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-19-2013 at 05:43 AM. Reason: I had Eisner's old Team R.I.S.C. out of order

• former CM

Most votes (over 61%) are currently are for Universal's Harry Potter expansion. But WDW's official Avatar groundbreaking was publicized this week.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 02-13-2014 at 03:54 PM. Reason: update

• former CM

Any new love for Avatar or the Harry Potter expansion? When will Pandora be finished in the Animal Kingdom?

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Even with Disney's most recent news about the transmogrification from Animal Kingdom to Alien Kingdom, I STILL have less than ZERO interest in Avatar. This is going to be the 2nd biggest failure of Iger, right behind the WDW house arrest wrist band program.

The Harry Potter Expansion into Universal Studios park is by far the most anticipated current project underway, . . . especially considering how detailed and how well HP in Islands of Adventure was done.

It doesn't help much that the WDW ballyhooed Fantasyland "Expansion" actually resulted in fewer attractions. With so much space available in WDW, there is NO excuse for that! The only thing good, about that is the MUCH superior Little Mermaid facade, compared to the ugly behemoth in DCA.
    Wow... What a Debbie Downer... I am 100% confident you will be proven wrong.
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Any new love for Avatar or the Harry Potter expansion? When will Pandora be finished in the Animal Kingdom?
    After Universal's latest announcement I'm rather disappointed that they aren't doing more than one coaster and a huge amount of retail and dining.

I have hope for Avatarland that it's more than two additional attractions and has great rides.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

After Universal's latest announcement I'm rather disappointed that they aren't doing more than one coaster and a huge amount of retail and dining.

I have hope for Avatarland that it's more than two additional attractions and has great rides.
    Why doesn't Hogwarts Express count?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Why doesn't Hogwarts Express count?
    Forbidden Journey is new, Hogwarts is new. That is two additional attractions.

The rest of WWoHP was rethemeing of existing attractions. For Gringotts we lost Jaws. Zero additional attractions.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Forbidden Journey is new, Hogwarts is new. That is two additional attractions.

The rest of WWoHP was rethemeing of existing attractions. For Gringotts we lost Jaws. Zero additional attractions.
    Well you just changed your metric. You were last complaining about them only doing a coaster.

And based on attendance, most people seem to consider the shops with visiting and something like Olivander's as an attraction.

• Sock Puppet

The Harry Potter series will always hold a special place in my heart, while Avatar does not.. Therefore I'm much more excited for those developments!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I'm not a Universal Orlando employee but I voted for the Harry Potter expansion. It's really coming and bridging two parks with one attraction just thrills me to no end.

At Disneyland we had a Skyway that brought people from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland and vice versa. The Railroad makes several stops. And the Monorail took us to the hotel. But nothing has ever been done like this before.

Let's face it, WDW has rested on their laurels for waaaaaay too long and they're going to need more than a new Fantasyland and Avatar to do it. Avatar is just way too far away for me to be remotely interested… and it's not even a property I enjoy. It just exists.

And Universal has consistently delivered ride technology that are mind blowing with Spider-Man/Transformers, Harry Potter, and now Gringott's. We still don't know where Avatar will take us.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Meh

Hogwarts Express hands down haha!

I voted The Dwarves Mine Train.
    I really, really,REALLY like mines for some reason.

• Some imagination, huh?

Harry Potter World 2.0 ftw! Universal is really creating quality attractions in so little time its insane. The seven dwarves mine train looks to be smaller and not as e-ticket-ish as Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts and has taken what seems like a lot longer for them to realize. Universal has the build model right...If you build it they will come. Now please Disney go back to this philosophy. Not; if we repackage it they will come.

• former CM

I think the dwarf coaster could get some more votes over the next few weeks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast