View Poll Results: What Florida dev. are you most excited about?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hogwarts Exp. & Diagon Alley at Universal Orlando

32 57.14%

8 14.29%
  • Star Wars at WDW

6 10.71%
  • the Dwarf Coaster at WDW

8 14.29%
  • Falcon's Fury at Busch Gardens Tampa

1 1.79%
  • rumored Marvel attractions at WDW

0 0%
  • MyMagic+ / MagicBands at WDW

1 1.79%
  • Jcruise86, you forgot one. Please see my post below.

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• former CM

Which one Florida theme park development RU currently most excited about?

Which Florida theme park development are you currently most excited about?
    (You get one vote.)

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Which one Florida theme park development RU currently most excited about?

I tried voting but it's not showing my vote. Since I can only vote for one thing, I picked Falcon's Fury at Busch Gardens (which will also include Timbuktu re-imagined into Pantopia). But I'm also excited about the Harry Potter expansion at Universal.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Even with Disney's most recent news about the transmogrification from Animal Kingdom to Alien Kingdom, I STILL have less than ZERO interest in Avatar. This is going to be the 2nd biggest failure of Iger, right behind the WDW house arrest wrist band program.

The Harry Potter Expansion into Universal Studios park is by far the most anticipated current project underway, . . . especially considering how detailed and how well HP in Islands of Adventure was done.

It doesn't help much that the WDW ballyhooed Fantasyland "Expansion" actually resulted in fewer attractions. With so much space available in WDW, there is NO excuse for that! The only thing good, about that is the MUCH superior Little Mermaid facade, compared to the ugly behemoth in DCA.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Who is claiming Marvel has a future at Walt Disney World? Universal Orlando Resort has perpetual rights to the entire families of characters in use and no intention to ditch them.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Who is claiming Marvel has a future at Walt Disney World? Universal Orlando Resort has perpetual rights to the entire families of characters in use and no intention to ditch them.
    This.

• Under that tree again!

Harry Potter is not a close second. They did the best first so I don't expect much more. I'm more worried it will be a big mall.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post

Harry Potter is not a close second. They did the best first so I don't expect much more. I'm more worried it will be a big mall.
    It will have just as many rides as Avatar is supposed to...and both will be some of the most technologically innovative attractions ever created..........

Wizarding World is a whole land and then some, existing in two separate parks and between them. But more importantly, Diagon Alley is an expansion that's actually getting built. And based on what I've seen and heard, they certainly intend to top what came previously. I'm not sure what you mean by "a big mall."

And just to reiterate, Marvel is not possible in WDW.
    Last edited by JtnOrl; 12-09-2013 at 01:19 AM.

• former CM

After Diagon Alley opens at Universal Orlando, Universal might open yet another major theme park attraction (not yet announced) before RISC opens Avatarland. (RISC =s Rasulo Iger Staggs Crofton--unfortunately the acronym is ironic.) It'd be funny if Universal built a "How to Train Your Dragon" attraction that surpassed Disney's Avatar rides.

• former CM

Harry Potter is not a close second. . .
    No, the Potter expansion and its connecting Hogwarts Express are not a close second, in fact, it currently leads Avatarland 10 to 3 on this thread, despite that this thread resides in the Disney World, not the Universal, section. Go Steve Burke!
    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-09-2013 at 01:28 PM.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    After Diagon Alley opens at Universal Orlando, Universal might open yet another major theme park attraction (not yet announced) before RISC opens Avatarland. (RISC =s Rasulo Iger Staggs Crofton--unfortunately the acronym is ironic.) It'd be funny if Universal built a "How to Train Your Dragon" attraction that surpassed Disney's Avatar rides.
    Outside of Shrek, which was licensed separately, Universal Orlando Resort does not currently have a relationship with DreamWorks Animation. A few years back they allowed their agreement to expire which resulted in SeaWorld acquiring the rights to the Madagascar franchise.

• former CM

^ ^ Thanks for that and the Marvel info.!

I'm glad that Universal built it's excellent Spiderman attraction and was motivated to recently improve it. I think Walt Disney World would be better today and over the next ten years if it were run by Universal's current leaders or the Oriental Land Company. Oh boy, Magicbands.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    No, the Potter expansion and its connecting Hogwarts Express are not a close second, in fact, it currently leads Avatarland 10 to 3 on this thread, despite that this thread resides in the Disney World, not the Universal, section. Go Steve Burke!
    A handful of "votes" by Universal employees is not something to gauge what will only be able to be judged when the projects are done. We need to start a new poll and ask who hates these stupid polls......lol

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    It will have just as many rides as Avatar is supposed to...and both will be some of the most technologically innovative attractions ever created..........
    Tech innovations can age quickly. Gifted artists and storytellers could make them classics, despite the movies they're derived from, or in Potter's case, classic novels. JK Rowling was a wonderful pain in insisting on "accurate" details at Orlando's Hogwarts. Disney would have stuck a stupid DVC booth in it, like the one in Tomorrowland at Disneyland. I'm counting on James Cameron to be just as annoying to Disney's greedy mediocrities in creating his Avatar world.

• former CM

Last edited by jcruise86; 12-10-2013 at 02:40 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast