Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Additions to WDW

Hi everyone,

After a recent visit to Disneyland Paris (of which my trip report you can find in the DLP forum) I had some ideas about potential additions to WDW.

Following the Floridian trend of cloning attractions from other parks instead of developing new rides, I thought that some of these additions would be great to the Florida parks:

- Ratatouille Ride to France Pavillion in Epcot: This would be an absolutely fantastic addition (taking in account that the ride turns out to be a hit in Paris, which so far looks very likely) and would bring a much needed and fresh addition to World Showcase, as the last addition seems to have been Maelstrom to Norway.

- Cinemagique and Animagique to DHS: Cinemagique, what a fantastic show! I usually dont really enjoy film-based attractions but since I had read this one was not to be missed I saw it, and I left with a huge smile! Some elements are a biiit dated (as this attraction is over 10 years old already) so a new film would be appreciated (although if the already dated MuppetVision was added to DCA in 2001 and the absolutely out of context Soarin' over California was brought to Epcot, nobody will notice/care ~ahem~.) I didn't see Animagique sadly, but I have heard excellent reviews as well and could be a great replacement for the Little Mermaid Show.

- Crush's Coaster: This is actually a super enjoyable and fun attraction. Rather short and with long waiting times, which could be solved in Florida with a longer Dark Ride portion and with additional capacity. Could go either in DHS if the "Stage Theme" is kept, or could justfy opening either an Australian pavillion in Epcot or an Australian Land in DAK.

What are your thoughts?

• Under that tree again!

Re: Additions to WDW

Even if it doesn't turn out to be great, I would take Ratatouille at France. Epcot need more rides and every country should have one.

Cinemagic seems to clash a lot with the great movie ride. Animagic would be a great fit, with minor scene changes.

Crush Coaster is good and would be great to add. But it is another version of the Nemo rides which are at DL and WDW. Fun idea never the less and a ride just like it with another theme should be uses. It's much better than the campy Chester and Hester Dino Rama.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Due to the fact that 99.9 % of people who go to WDW will never go to Paris, I don't see anything wrong with "cloning" this ride. Same thing with the show and coaster.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    Due to the fact that 99.9 % of people who go to WDW will never go to Paris, I don't see anything wrong with "cloning" this ride. Same thing with the show and coaster.
    That was same idea when they built Toy Story land at HKDL because no one from Paris would travel to HK or vise versa.

WDW is in such desperate need for new attractions that I would not mind another Nemo attraction...why not build a NEMO land at AK. (ok fine...its still a better idea than avatar)
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I'm not very keen on wholly American stories being placed in World Showcase.

It would be nice to see a stronger commitment to the studio concept.

From what I understand, Crush's Coaster has a very similar story to the dark ride at The Seas with Nemo and Friends.

Crush's Coaster is, in my opinion, one of the most fun Disney rides anywhere. I would have thought that it would be a huge hit in the American parks. Its capacity is lousy, though, so they would have to build at least two tracks (like Space Mountain, or Primeval Whirl). Pixar Studios would be an obvious place for it. I think there was talk at one point of cloning it with an Incredibles theme.

I agree on Cinemagique. It's a great show, it would be perfect for the Studios. However I think the difficulty would be in securing the rights to all the films, so cloning it would not be straightforward.

Ratatouille would be great for Epcot (or even Pixar Studios, for that matter) but I'm not sure Disney would ever go down that route. They don't seem to show any interest in developing World Showcase unless it's a direct revenue-earner (restaurant, bars). I think at this stage it's become a glorified food court, which is a shame. All of the current attractions are vaguely educational, showing off the country to some extent - which the Ratatouille ride won't.

Thanks everyone for fostering the discussion .

I think all these ideas are great. Regarding World Showcase, I always think of rides and shows that would be great contributions to this rather staler and staler part of the park (seriously 360 degrees movies were a thing in the 70's...).

Italy: A Mystic Manor type of ride where we are in an italian museum (rather than in someone's manor) and someone/something opens some sort of Pandora's box which makes things come to life. Could center heavily on Roman mythology and italian folklore.

Germant: Dark ride based on the Valkires or around fantastical German castles and Mythology. If anyone has been on Droomvlucht (sp?) at Efteling in the Netherlands it could be a great idea. Actually, if someone has actually been on the Flying Dutchman ride in the mentioned park, it featured a super cool dark ride boat section which becomes a roller coaster (I guess similar to Atlantis at Sea World). Would need to be in the dark to 1. Add thrill 2. Hide tracks.

UK: If someone has visited the Dungeon attractions in Europe (London, Hamburg, Edimburgh) they are rather creepy walkthroughs telling you about the gruesomer side of history. It could be fun to have a similar one, perhaps one focused on Tudor England.

France: Ratatouille. This is the most feasible of my wishful thinkings. Please make it happen!

Just some ideas out there. For DHS it could be great to have Crush's Coaster as mentioned, and please could someone give us a new film for Muppetvision?! The Muppets sell a lot of Merchandise, right? Well then it is justufied. I dont believe Cinemagique clashes sith the Great Movie Ride, as it is a movie with actors and neat special effects.

• Under that tree again!

I like the idea for Italy, but it could go with any country. The world showcase would not all get E-Tickets. As with all Disney Parks the rides come in mix. Out of the 10 pavilions we would get 2 or 3 E-tickets and 2 spinners.

I do sympathize with the Epcot's a food court statement. My reason to visit it as often as I do is because it is where I want dinner. Still I spend a lot of time just looking around. If they added 8 rides and hopefully redid Mexico's Epcot would basically be the place you spend half of your WDW visit. I have little doubt that Epcot visits would surpass Mk's.

The reason Cinemagic and the GMR clash is because the rides in essence are the same, they are about movie genres.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

The reason Cinemagic and the GMR clash is because the rides in essence are the same, they are about movie genres.
    in a park about movies . Also it wouldnt hurt to update the Great Movie Ride... Or at least take "Great" out of the name and leave it as "Movie Ride".

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mtlchuck View Post
    in a park about movies . Also it wouldnt hurt to update the Great Movie Ride... Or at least take "Great" out of the name and leave it as "Movie Ride".
    Not at all. Being that only a few of DHS attractions are from when it opened, they could use some big overhauls.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Metro-Retro Historian

All those attractions could work in Disney Hollywood Studios. Attractions based on movies have no place in Epcot or the Animal Kingdom.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Minion

Hi everyone,

After a recent visit to Disneyland Paris (of which my trip report you can find in the DLP forum) I had some ideas about potential additions to WDW.

Following the Floridian trend of cloning attractions from other parks instead of developing new rides, I thought that some of these additions would be great to the Florida parks:
    - Ratatouille Ride to France Pavillion in Epcot: This would be an absolutely fantastic addition (taking in account that the ride turns out to be a hit in Paris, which so far looks very likely) and would bring a much needed and fresh addition to World Showcase, as the last addition seems to have been Maelstrom to Norway.
    While I do think that this ride should have a place in WDW, it should not be at France. The world showcase should be devoid of characters and focus on the nation's themselves. I agree about each country having an attraction of some kind (be it a film or a ride or both) as long as it is contained within the pavilion and not a huge intrusive e-ticket that would affect the ambiance of the area. look at malestrom, its a little dated and clearly needs work yes but underneath that is a great attraction built upon scandinavian life and mythology, not disney characters. IMO the better fit for this attraction would be as a part of a pixar place expansion, maybe intertwined with a restaurant somehow in a similar fashion to its a small world and the village haus.

- Cinemagique and Animagique to DHS: Cinemagique, what a fantastic show! I usually dont really enjoy film-based attractions but since I had read this one was not to be missed I saw it, and I left with a huge smile! Some elements are a biiit dated (as this attraction is over 10 years old already) so a new film would be appreciated (although if the already dated MuppetVision was added to DCA in 2001 and the absolutely out of context Soarin' over California was brought to Epcot, nobody will notice/care ~ahem~.) I didn't see Animagique sadly, but I have heard excellent reviews as well and could be a great replacement for the Little Mermaid Show.
    I think the key to this would be an updated version in the same spirit of the current show as just bringing in an already dated property to replace another dated property is not an upgrade in my mind. DHS already has a ton of shows so perhaps this would be a better alternative with more viewing times then the current stage show there now.

- Crush's Coaster: This is actually a super enjoyable and fun attraction. Rather short and with long waiting times, which could be solved in Florida with a longer Dark Ride portion and with additional capacity. Could go either in DHS if the "Stage Theme" is kept, or could justfy opening either an Australian pavillion in Epcot or an Australian Land in DAK.
    again I would not want to see this in the places you suggest, but in a pixar place expansion. this would be preferable as it continues the theme of that studio in the same vein, adds e-tickets to a park desperate for them, and keeps characters out of the world showcase and as a central part of a land in AK.

• Minion

Thanks everyone for fostering the discussion .

I think all these ideas are great. Regarding World Showcase, I always think of rides and shows that would be great contributions to this rather staler and staler part of the park (seriously 360 degrees movies were a thing in the 70's...).

Italy: A Mystic Manor type of ride where we are in an italian museum (rather than in someone's manor) and someone/something opens some sort of Pandora's box which makes things come to life. Could center heavily on Roman mythology and italian folklore.

Germant: Dark ride based on the Valkires or around fantastical German castles and Mythology. If anyone has been on Droomvlucht (sp?) at Efteling in the Netherlands it could be a great idea. Actually, if someone has actually been on the Flying Dutchman ride in the mentioned park, it featured a super cool dark ride boat section which becomes a roller coaster (I guess similar to Atlantis at Sea World). Would need to be in the dark to 1. Add thrill 2. Hide tracks.

UK: If someone has visited the Dungeon attractions in Europe (London, Hamburg, Edimburgh) they are rather creepy walkthroughs telling you about the gruesomer side of history. It could be fun to have a similar one, perhaps one focused on Tudor England.

France: Ratatouille. This is the most feasible of my wishful thinkings. Please make it happen!

Just some ideas out there. For DHS it could be great to have Crush's Coaster as mentioned, and please could someone give us a new film for Muppetvision?! The Muppets sell a lot of Merchandise, right? Well then it is justufied. I dont believe Cinemagique clashes sith the Great Movie Ride, as it is a movie with actors and neat special effects.
    Italy's would probably infringe a little on the night at the museum franchise so that would need to be changed

germany's is basically based off of the netherlands but ok lol

really like the UK idea but it would definitely need to be toned down and disneyfied somehow for the little ones

totally agree about the muppets, its a travesty they dont have something at least a little more modernized, let alone their own mini land like they should have been guaranteed before Jim's passing.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I like the idea for Italy, but it could go with any country. The world showcase would not all get E-Tickets. As with all Disney Parks the rides come in mix. Out of the 10 pavilions we would get 2 or 3 E-tickets and 2 spinners.

I do sympathize with the Epcot's a food court statement. My reason to visit it as often as I do is because it is where I want dinner. Still I spend a lot of time just looking around. If they added 8 rides and hopefully redid Mexico's Epcot would basically be the place you spend half of your WDW visit. I have little doubt that Epcot visits would surpass Mk's.

agreed swampy, i just think we have to be careful about the implementation of any ride brought into the showcase. there should be no open air attractions, everything should be contained within the buildings of the nations as to not affect the ambiance of arguably one of the most beautiful lands in WDW.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I'm gonna beat a dead horse here and say Epcot should not get clones. The World Showcase area should have rides promoting the countries represented not the films/characters.

I always considered WS to be a calmer less thrills area compared to Future World which is why I am no fan of roller coasters going into that area. It would be intrusive anyway.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast