Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Under that tree again!

Re: Avatar 2 and what it may mean for Avatarland.

Zoe Saldana and Sam Worthington have signed up to star in three more "Avatar" movies.
    They will join Stephen Lang, who will reprise his Colonel Quaritch in the new movies even though the marine character was killed in the original film.
    Zoe Saldana and Sam Worthington returning for 'Avatar' sequels - MSN Movies News
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I just don't understand the hate for Avatar Land. It's Disney's Animal Kingdom, not Disney's Only Animals Existing Presently on Earth Kingdom. There are more imagined or no longer existing animal attractions in DAK than real zoo type attractions. The Yeti, Finding Nemo characters, A Bug's Life characters, Dinosaurs, and Mickey and Minnie make up a HUGE portion of the park.

DAK is not a zoo, it's an animal adventure park. Animals in Earth's present, animals in Earths past, animals imagined on Earth, and now animals imagined off Earth. It seems a little strange for someone to be OK with Flik in the park but not a Nav'i.

I think Cars Land is the perfect precedent for Avatar Land. Cars Land wasn't added to Disney California Adventure because a small portion of Route 66 is in California. It was added because it is a hugely popular Pixar film that kids LOVE, and the Disney Imagineers felt they could create a totally immersive land and attractions based on the film's unique iconography. So will it be with Avatar.

Avatar Land fits into DAK at least as well as Cars Land fits into DCA, and if it's as successful as Cars Land I would think there will be very little complaining.

I'm sorry, I "puke in my mouth" when I think of all the money Disney is shelling out for this hopeless opus called Avatarland.

The only thing going for it is that it seems to have a vibrant nighttime component; but that thrill will wear off quickly. I hope they do something more creative than the fiber optic sidewalks in Future World - boring! Do we really need an Osborne Christmas Lights land year round or an M.S.E.P. walk through?

While everyone is happy that this yawner of a park is finally getting some real capital you can't put lipstick on a pig (or in this case a Navi - or whatever they're callled).

I do hope that if there are any AA figures of Sigourney Weaver they'll be better than the one at DHS's Movie Ride where she looks like she's got Yellow Fever.

With the state of Epcot, the staleness of existing attractions at both DHS and DAK, this addition just doesn't get me excited to ignore the flaws that are very much present at WDW. They can build DVC resorts at the rate on one every 2.5 years but attractions at each park come once every 10 years these days - I just don't get it.

If we must do Avatar it takes 9 years to build? Seriously? Disney, Universal is eating your lunch for you and while you may be arrogant not to care your day of reckoning is nigh. You are not the only game in town and clearly showing your age - the only folks that will get Disney to up its game are the young analysts on Wall Street who are impressed with the percentages of Universal's attendance, occupancy and revenue gains. "If" a Uni park surpasses DL or WDW's golden four in attendance the fall out in Disney management will be impressive.

A nighttime bioluminescent jungle won't be boring, that is a guarantee. It's going to be spectacular and unlike anything, anywhere. I don't understand the vehement negativity at all. It's all in the execution, and Disney knows how to make Avatar Land something special. They know that the new benchmark is now Cars Land and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and they will create an Avatar Land that is at that level of greatness. It will have what looks like two E-ticket rides, a nighttime show, and an incredible level of detail that should rival any land in any park.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Adventure View Post
    A nighttime bioluminescent jungle won't be boring, that is a guarantee. It's going to be spectacular and unlike anything, anywhere. I don't understand the vehement negativity at all. It's all in the execution, and Disney knows how to make Avatar Land something special. They know that the new benchmark is now Cars Land and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and they will create an Avatar Land that is at that level of greatness. It will have what looks like two E-ticket rides, a nighttime show, and an incredible level of detail that should rival any land in any park.
    I do think Pandora will be on par with Carsland detail. We can all hope it reaches the WWoHP levels as well. I can't wait to see it.

• Not here to help

It's all in the execution, and Disney knows how to make Avatar Land something special. They know that the new benchmark is now Cars Land and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and they will create an Avatar Land that is at that level of greatness. It will have what looks like two E-ticket rides, a nighttime show, and an incredible level of detail that should rival any land in any park.
    I might come off as a geek but I have a problem with your text...

You say new benchmark? Tokyo Disneysea surpasses Carsland and Harry Potter in all ways, and that has been the standard in that park for over a decade.
    I'd love to see Avatarland rival Tokyo Disneysea, an entire park that is built like one mega E-ticket experience like no other on earth.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

I've heard nothing but great things about Tokyo DisneySea. I have no doubt that it's awesome and just might be the best park in the world. But I'm not talking about a park, I'm talking about an individual land. How is any individual land there surpassing Cars Land or The Wizarding World of Harry Potter? Tokyo DisneySea has several cloned rides from DLR and WDW, are they better there? Is the level of detail better?

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by disney adventure View Post
    i've heard nothing but great things about tokyo disneysea. I have no doubt that it's awesome and just might be the best park in the world. But i'm not talking about a park, i'm talking about an individual land. How is any individual land there surpassing cars land or the wizarding world of harry potter? Tokyo disneysea has several cloned rides from dlr and wdw, are they better there? Is the level of detail better?
    Yes

Name:  2181327.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  187.7 KB

Name:  tumblr_m7b6nu7d0B1qlht6fo1_500.jpg
Size:  119.6 KB

Name:  toy-story-mania-load-tokyo-disneysea-640x423.jpg
Size:  93.5 KB

Name:  Tokyo-Disney-Resort-0041-640x413.jpg
Size:  116.8 KB

Name:  temple.jpg
Size:  177.6 KB
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 02-04-2014 at 02:33 PM.

They look great, but they're still cloned attractions. I'm not sure how you can say "surpasses Cars Land and Harry Potter in all ways" when Radiator Springs Racers and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey are world class attractions. And the theming around them is also first rate.

What are the odds that Tokyo Disneyland Resort adds Cars Land or Avatar Land in the coming years? Pretty high I'd say.

• Not here to help

They look great, but they're still cloned attractions. I'm not sure how you can say "surpasses Cars Land and Harry Potter in all ways" when Radiator Springs Racers and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey are world class attractions. And the theming around them is also first rate.

What are the odds that Tokyo Disneyland Resort adds Cars Land or Avatar Land in the coming years? Pretty high I'd say.
    Are you serious? You just dont seme to get that everything is made with greater detail in Tokyos Disney parks and a higher budget. The upkeep of the rides is also to a higher standard.

Go see for your self if you have a hard time to take my word for it. I have been to all Disneyparks... have you?

By the way... Journey to the center of the earth in Disneysea is 10 times better than the Cars race ride.

Name:  POD-Francis-Tan-DisneySea.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  92.1 KB
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 02-06-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Whoa, keep it peaceful. I feel like a fight is breaking out. Let's stick to the topic and how we think Avatarland might help or hurt Animal Kingdom. I mean who knows it might be good and it might be bad. I personally am not a fan of Avatar but I am not knocking it until I see it for myself. Animal Kingdom needs something to make it on par with other parks.

And Timmy those are beautiful pics you have of Disney Sea. Especially the last one of the lake and volcano. Maybe one day I can visit there.

No fight. I respect TimmyTimmyTimmy's opinion that Tokyo DisneySea is the best theme park in the world. And hopefully he can respect that there are those who don't agree.

And yes, back on topic. I don't think this can be stated enough:

James Cameron is filming three(!) sequels to AVATAR. He is going to expand the mythology tenfold and bring us all sorts of new worlds, creatures, vehicles, technology, and characters.

So what does AVATAR 2 (and 3 and 4) mean for Avatar Land at Disney's Animal Kingdom? That they're just laying the groundwork now for something much, MUCH more grand. I'm just Blue Skying of course, but if the sequels are as successful as the original then the possibilities for expansion are huge! The moon of Pandora orbits the gas giant planet Polyphemus, and Cameron has stated that the protagonists will venture to some of it's other moons in the sequels. So the first phase of Avatar Land could be Pandora, and subsequent phases could be totally new and different environments.

If the sequels are successful and Avatar Land is successful then the money should come rolling in to do a huge expansion. Visiting that part of Walt Disney World would be like being transported to another Solar System, there is nothing like that anywhere else in the world!

• Minion

I would just like to see where in Animal Kingdoms dedication does it say the park is all about Earth? Or is this just an artifical argument?

So what does AVATAR 2 (and 3 and 4) mean for Avatar Land at Disney's Animal Kingdom? That they're just laying the groundwork now for something much, MUCH more grand. I'm just Blue Skying of course, but if the sequels are as successful as the original then the possibilities for expansion are huge! The moon of Pandora orbits the gas giant planet Polyphemus, and Cameron has stated that the protagonists will venture to some of it's other moons in the sequels. So the first phase of Avatar Land could be Pandora, and subsequent phases could be totally new and different environments.

If the sequels are successful and Avatar Land is successful then the money should come rolling in to do a huge expansion. Visiting that part of Walt Disney World would be like being transported to another Solar System, there is nothing like that anywhere else in the world!

I'm not a fan of the idea of bringing Avatar into the world of Disney parks, but I do think just like CarsLand at DCA that something that seems out of place can still be well done and enjoyable. And from the conceptual renderings that have been released it does look to me like Avatarland will be pretty cool. Having said that, I don't want the biggest focus and draw of a Disney theme park to be Avatar, if they do in fact end up expanding Avatarland as the sequels are released. Just wouldn't feel right.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234