Cars attractions at WDW

Hi All!

We have two boy's (2.5 years old and 2 months old) and we took our first Disney trip in early December. We went to Anaheim and did a day each at DL and DCA. We absolutely loved it and can't wait to return for more Disney magic! My in-laws live in Florida so my wife is trying to convince me to make the next trip to Orlando so her parents can meet us there. We are shooting for early November. My older son is a huge Cars fan and loved Cars Land, we literally spent half a day in Cars Land and he wasn't even tall enough to ride RSR! This time he would be tall enough for RSR which would only make SoCal Disney that much better.

Removing the Cars element could possibly result in some disappointment for the little guy. Are there any Cars attractions at WDW? Test track looks like its not Cars related. Or is WDW so awesome that he won't even mind? He is into most of the Pixar stuff, Cars just happens to be his absolute fav.

Thanks,
    Aman

• Minion

Re: Cars attractions at WDW

There is no Cars Land in WDW. However, Lights, Motors, Action at Disney Hollywood Studios has an appearance by Lightning McQueen.
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en...me-stunt-show/

• Heavy Breather

There aren't any there. The meet and greet with Lightning and Mater is probably there, but someone might have to clarify that for me.

• Hello Dolly.

I believe one of the resorts is completely Cars themed, pretty much resembling Radiator Springs. It's at the Art of Animation Resort & they have a cozy cone pool as well. I'm not completely sure if the Cars's wing is still under construction or open yet, as I know only Nemo's area is open for sure. Haven't been too WDW yet myself but I remember looking at the concept art a while back.

I looked into the art of animation resort. It's a movie themed resort so Cars does seem to play a prominent role, but so do some other film characters. They have some Cars themed suites, but I don't know how interactive the Cars stuff is. They seem to have giant "life size" models of the Cars somewhere on the grounds. Might be worth a visit, but it doesn't look like one of the nicer Disney Resorts. We were hoping to buy DVC points and get a villa at the Wilderness Lodge or AK Resort.

I'm thinking there will be plenty of other attractions to keep him happy and we can go back to DCA and Cars Land in 2015.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Art of Animation's wings are themed to Finding Nemo, The Little Mermaid and Cars. The whole resort is now open. I haven't been there personally, but the Cars wing is themed to Radiator Springs and from the photos I've seen it looks pretty awesome.

As for park attractions, outside of the Lightning McQueen/Mater meet & greet and Lightning's "cameo" in Lights, Motors, Action! (both at Disney's Hollywood Studios) that's it for Cars presence.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Amahal420 View Post
    I looked into the art of animation resort. It's a movie themed resort so Cars does seem to play a prominent role, but so do some other film characters. They have some Cars themed suites, but I don't know how interactive the Cars stuff is. They seem to have giant "life size" models of the Cars somewhere on the grounds. Might be worth a visit, but it doesn't look like one of the nicer Disney Resorts. We were hoping to buy DVC points and get a villa at the Wilderness Lodge or AK Resort.

I'm thinking there will be plenty of other attractions to keep him happy and we can go back to DCA and Cars Land in 2015.
    just echoing what Aimster said here essentially. Regarding the hotel, yes art of animation is a movie themed resort, however it is split into sections, one on lion king, one on finding nemo, one on the little mermaid, and one on cars. Essentially when you stay in the cars section of the resort your entire hotel experience would be cars minus the lobby which is themed to animation, and parts of the food court however they have a dedicated seating area to each theme represented in the resort sections. theres a dedicated cars pool themed to the cozy cone you can go to that is central to that area of the resort along with the lifesize representation of radiator springs and the replicas of all the characters, also their dedicated buildings are some of the closest to the bus stops. while true it is a value resort and may not be "as nice" as some of the deluxe options you listed above, there are some benefits to this area. first off they are the newest rooms on the entire resort so there is certainly a feel of excitement in that regard with all the new amenities and since it is meant for those traveling with larger families, offers a significant amount more space then other rooms, so if thats a point of interest to you you might want to look at that route.

as a side note, regarding a hotel choice, a little thought about point for some is transportation. comparing the three resorts; AK lodge, while arguably the most beautiful in the entire place and some of the best dining options, has the worst transportation problem of any deluxe hotel and maybe any hotel in the park. you can only take busses to any of your destinations and every one of those bus rides (except those to the AK park of course along with blizzard beach and Hollywood studios) will be longer then the average ride. the art of animation as a value resort also only has bus transportation but it is in a more central location right underneath DHS and Epcot so the rides for the most part will be shorter then AKL. Finally the wilderness lodge offers probably the best transport out of the three. it is a bit isolated making for some long bus rides similar to AKL, however it also gives you the option to take a small ferry boat across the lake to the Magic Kingdom which is really fun. if your looking for the best situated resort thats a little more upscale, i would argue that you try to look at DVC points for the beach club villas or the boardwalk villas beach club location gives you walking access to both Epcot through the world showcase and Hollywood studios through the main entrance as well as a ferry boat that will take you there as well as an almost perfectly central location for near identical bus drives to each of the animal kingdom downtown disney and the magic kingdom. furthermore it is also walking distance from the boardwalk area which is a fun little extra not many people know about that you can explore. boardwalk has all of these same perks but it is a little further away from the epcot entrance then beach club's right next door location and doesn't have the best pool on property as well as the best ice cream place .

if you are looking for your cars fix in other places, the only other current places are in the lights motors action show where lighting mcqueen plays a large role, or the meet and greet in the same area. sorry for the rant but hope that info helps you.

Thanks for all the helpful info! Aside from the MK, does wilderness lodge have ferries running to any other parks? The ferry sounds like a nice option. Thanks for bringing up transportation, that will play a big role in our decision. At DL we took a midday break from about 2-5pm everyday for naps and snacks and just some down time, so being at the DL hotel was very convenient. We 'll plan on doing the same at WDW.

We are planning on going during the first or 2nd week of November, likely a mon-Sat stay. Will there be parades and fireworks every night or, because its a slower time, will those be limited to weekends? If it is limited to weekends we might change it to a tues-sun. I'm surprised there aren't more Cars related attractions at WDW, the movie and characters seem to be wildly popular and Cars Land has transformed DCA from a "meh" kind of park to a proper "wow" park. I guess I might be a bit biased because my son loves Cars so much.

Thanks!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Thanks for all the helpful info! Aside from the MK, does wilderness lodge have ferries running to any other parks?
    No. The boats at Wilderness Lodge only go to MK and back. However if you stay at the Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Swan or Dolphin, the Friendship boats go back & forth between Epcot (the back entrance - International Gateway) and DHS. Also, if you stay at either of the Port Orleans resorts (French Quarter or Riverside), they have a free water taxi that takes you to & from Downtown Disney. Be aware though the boats will stop running if there is lightning within a 5-10 mile radius of the resort (once the threat passes though, they'll resume service).

A lot of people who are Disneyland regulars usually fail to realize how big WDW is in comparison. There is a LOT of space between the parks (we're talking MILES here). You're not just walking between an esplanade to go from one to the other. The only parks that are somewhat close together are Epcot and DHS. You can walk between the 2 (by cutting through the Boardwalk resort), but it's a bit of a hike. Everything else you're either going by bus or Monorail.

The Radiator Springs area of the Art of Animation Resort is really awesome. Definitely worth checking out.

• Minion

Thanks for all the helpful info! Aside from the MK, does wilderness lodge have ferries running to any other parks? The ferry sounds like a nice option. Thanks for bringing up transportation, that will play a big role in our decision. At DL we took a midday break from about 2-5pm everyday for naps and snacks and just some down time, so being at the DL hotel was very convenient. We 'll plan on doing the same at WDW.
    nope the ferries just run from wilderness lodge to the magic kingdom, but its still a nice change. again if you plan on that type of schedule I would recommend the beach club due to its location and the amenities the resort offers.

We are planning on going during the first or 2nd week of November, likely a mon-Sat stay. Will there be parades and fireworks every night or, because its a slower time, will those be limited to weekends? If it is limited to weekends we might change it to a tues-sun. I'm surprised there aren't more Cars related attractions at WDW, the movie and characters seem to be wildly popular and Cars Land has transformed DCA from a "meh" kind of park to a proper "wow" park. I guess I might be a bit biased because my son loves Cars so much.
    throughout the week there are various performances of shows and parades, regardless of slow times they are never just isolated to the weekends. You will have to look at scheduling for these events closer to your vacation time as they will not yet be available, however you will know when they are happening plenty of time in advance. I think you will see more cars in the future at WDW due to an imminent Pixar Place Studio expansion at DHS and the marketability of the franchise along with the tendency to copy attractions from other parks.

Apparently the dates we are planning to go are very popular among DVC vacationers (it's during the lowest points season) and the Beach Club is one of the harder villas for David's to rent. They said VWL or AKL wouldn't be a problem, so despite the longer bus rides I think we are going to go with VWL since we can confirm it ASAP and not wait around hoping something becomes available at the beach club.

Also, we decided to just go for a full week. Since mid week travel is usually the cheapest way to go, we're going from tues 12/2 to tues 12/9 and getting 5 day hoppers.

Thanks again for all the helpful comments!