Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: DL Natives, First Timers to WDW... ADVICE NEEDED :)

[QUOTE=Aladdin;1057061913]But one question, if you get two rooms, you have two separate bathrooms. If you have just one large room, is it just one bathroom???? Might be worth it to have an extra bathroom for that number of people.

QUOTE]

At Art of Animation we had the family suite. It comfortably suited 4 adults (3 women and 1 man nonetheless). I just think for the price (and we had CM discount even) itd be better to suck up the 1 bathroom issue or get 2 rooms at the All-Star resorts

• California Adventurer...

Do you guys know what time the water parks generally close in June? We want to see if we can squeeze in both because we don't know when the next time, if ever, we're going back to WDW.

We're getting the Water Park & Fun Option added on to our ticket. Please tell me if I have a correct understanding of how these work. So for every day we have a park ticket (We're getting 5 days) we get 5 separate Water Park & Fun tickets to go whenever we want (IE: not limited to the day we go to the parks). Thanks for the help!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Do you guys know what time the water parks generally close in June? We want to see if we can squeeze in both because we don't know when the next time, if ever, we're going back to WDW.

We're getting the Water Park & Fun Option added on to our ticket. Please tell me if I have a correct understanding of how these work. So for every day we have a park ticket (We're getting 5 days) we get 5 separate Water Park & Fun tickets to go whenever we want (IE: not limited to the day we go to the parks). Thanks for the help!
    9-6

Getting to the waterparks on Disney Transport is not super quick. You may not want the transit time.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

Do you guys know what time the water parks generally close in June? We want to see if we can squeeze in both because we don't know when the next time, if ever, we're going back to WDW. We're getting the Water Park & Fun Option added on to our ticket. Please tell me if I have a correct understanding of how these work. So for every day we have a park ticket (We're getting 5 days) we get 5 separate Water Park & Fun tickets to go whenever we want (IE: not limited to the day we go to the parks). Thanks for the help!
    as Swampy said hours for the water parks at that time are 9-6. You are correct with your understanding of the water parks and more option. the biggest issue you will have with this plan is transportation as there is no direct bus from blizzard beach to typhoon lagoon and you will have to transfer at a resort. also not being at one of the two water parks early will mean much longer lines at your second park. This plan is still doable by all means however. I recommend (If you do choose to stay at art of animation) getting to Blizzard beach first, on the first bus of the day which should be 8 am as they start running one hour before park opening. While this is early often times BB busses are shared by AK travellers so depending on lines at such a huge resort you might have to wait upwards of 20 minutes for the next bus as AK is one of the most popular parks to get to early for morning safaris and other activities, and even then its a crap shoot as to wether it will be a dedicated AK bus or one that will stop at Blizzard Beach (sometimes though you will get lucky with a nice bus driver willing to stop there anyways upon request). you should be there roughly 30 minutes before opening so that isn't ideal but sometimes they will simply let you in a little early so it shouldn't be to painful. spend roughly from 9-12 here as 3+ hours should be plenty of time to get through all the slides a few times first as well as explore a bit and take a lazy river ride towards the end with very minimal crowds in the beginning, ramping up a little later. now is the tricky part, getting over to Typhoon lagoon. the best places to transfer busses are either the Caribbean beach resort or your own AoA, as they are on the way back towards Typhoon Lagoon. from there hit your transfer bus to the second water park, all in all if you catch the busses at decent times, it should take roughly 45 minutes. next grab a bite to eat at the leaning palms as it will now be roughly 1 o'clock and the heat of business for TL, plus it is located basically right at the parks entrance so it will hopefully be the least busy of the parks limited decent food options. then from say 2-till just before or closing at 6 enjoy Typhoon lagoon and you should be able to get through the entire park's roster at least once with ease regardless of the crowds. from there I recommend one of two options:

Plan A would be similar to what we discussed earlier, have a change of clothes with you to get into at Typhoon lagoon, and take the quick 5 minute ride to downtown disney for some shopping and dining at one of several nice dinner locations you can reserve in advance. you could even spend some more water park and more credits and head to disney quest, the huge disney arcade if that interests you at all.

If DTD isn't in your plans or you want to spend more time there at another point in the trip, then take plan B and instead bus back to the hotel, change there meaning you don't have to lug as much stuff around during the day, and head to dinner at one of the many nice resort restaurants for a relaxing evening. I would recommend if going this route if I had to pick three options these would be it:

Jiko at the Animal Kingdom lodge (arguably one of the best restaurants in the entire resort, offers interesting and delicious african based cuisine, also after you can walk around the beautiful foyer which is really breathtaking with museum pieces of african culture throughout, and a walkout to an african savannah scape where you can borrow night vision goggles and look out at animals on the plains)

Ohanna at the Polynesian (an awesome Hawaiian style feast where they bring mounds and mounds of food to your hearts content right to your table along particularily with an array of skewered meats to fill yourself with which I particularly attempt bankrupt them on , also can be timed to coincide with wishes fireworks show at the magic kingdom which they pipe the music for into the restaurant and you have a pretty decent view of the festivities from afar, plus ending the night with a monorail ride and maybe even a little nighttime extra magic hours at the magic kingdom is always a great way to end the day)

Finally a more underrated choice IMO the flying fish cafe (a contemporary seafood restaurant at the boardwalk, always had great meals there from my personal experience, afterwards you can walk out onto a bustling sort of mini land that requires no admission with various street performers out to entertain guests, arcade games to try out and snack stands to hit for a little desert as you walk a nice little nook of the resort not to many people explore, my personal favourite is if you decide to walk across the water a little to the beach club, there is a place called beaches and cream that offers by far the resorts best ice cream, always a treat, try out the kitchen sink if you dare.

transportation is a slight issue with plan B as well as again there is no inter resort transportation. you can either grab a cab quickly if your running a little tight on time from your resort to any of those on property in under 30 minutes easily or take busses to AK and then AKL for Jiko, Magic kingdom and then take the resort monorail from there to the Polynesian for Ohana, or to Hollywood studios and then either walk to the boardwalk on the path along the water or bus there.

those would be your best options for that day IMO hope that helps!

Hey all you WDW experts!

My family and I are from San Diego, CA, and are avid DL-goers. We're going to WDW for the first time in June 2014 and need some advice from you experts. There's six of us at the ages of 50, 47, 21, 19, 18, and 11, so we're pretty able bodied and don't have a problem with a lot of walking/waiting etc.

This is our current plans. We are going to be at the parks for a total of 9 days, 2 of which are travel days. Our current day-by-day plan is:

1. Magic Kingdom
    2. Epcot
    3. Blizzard Beach
    4. Hollywood Studios
    5. Animal Kingdom
    6. Universal
    7. Any Disney repeats we want by than.

We were thinking that we would do one of the Waterparks the third day to relax a little and not have to walk so much after the first two parks.

Our #1 question would be which hotel is the best value for money. We were looking at the All Star Resort and I would love to hear if any of you have any experience with this hotel. Obviously it's probably not the nicest hotel in the WDW fleet, but considering we're barely going to be there it just needs to be comfortable and a good price.

Another question we have, is there a shuttle from WDW to Universal? Do we need to rent a car or is there a cheaper, easier method we can take? We are HUGE Harry Potter fans so this is necessary.

Also, if you had to pick one nice, sit down restaurant in the whole resort what would you consider to be the best? We were considering the Be Our Guest restaurant for the very first night because I've heard so much about it.

Any other tips or can't-miss advice would be awesome because once again we are completely novice when it comes to DisneyWorld... we literally know nothing.

Thanks and have a magical day!
    First off, if any of you are up for it, on your day of Animal Kingdom, since its likely the park will close early anyways, and if you have park hopper, you can always go to one of the other parks to either catch a show, parade, or a few attractions you have missed or would like to go on again. Usually AK closes at about dusk, even during the Summer and weekends. So either plan an early evening back at the hotel, or make other plans for that evening. Either at one of the parks, or at Downtown Disney even.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Now that I got my first post out of the way, and have taken some time to see the rest of the posts, (good one by the way with the google map), let me get my piece in here.

First off, I was born & raised in Southern California and I had previously lived minutes from Disneyland, not to mention also previously worked there for some time. So I know the Disneyland Resort by the back of my hand, both as an annual pass holder for multiple years, and as a former cast member. Now, I live in central Florida, and I am currently a premium pass holder for WDW. I will be renewing my pass for at least one more year to see the completion of the Fantasyland refurb, and then after that.....I dunno. I think I may be getting burn out. But that's for a different thread.

Anyways, I've had the time to discern the similarities & differences between the Disneyland Resort & Disney World. As well as the advantages & disadvantages one has over the other. For example:

For starters, Anaheim has the Matterhorn, Indiana Jones Temple of the Forbidden Eye, Sailing Ship Columbia, Explorer Canoes, Storybrookland, Alice in Wonderland, Nemo Submarines (which I think are closing again), Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Mr Toad's Wild Ride, Casey Jr Circus Train, & Toontown (with all of its attractions). Then there's all that is in DCA with the Monsters Inc attraction, California Screamin, and Cars Land and Bugs Land.

As for Disney World, well....there are four parks with nearly 20 fabulous resorts. But they do not have what I have mentioned above. As much as we want one, Hollywood Studios is most likely never going to get a Cars Land. And we all know the Matterhorn is not going to happen either. The two coasts need something that are unique to each other. But what MK does have is the original Carousel of Progress AND Country Bear Jamboree. Both of which used to be at the Disneyland Resort. They also still have their own working People Mover system, known as the Tomorrowland Transit Authority in Tomorrowland. Then there are unique attractions such as Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, Stitch's Great Escape, Hall of Presidents, Mickey's Phiharmagic in Fantasyland, and eventually there will be the The Seven Dwarf's Mine Ride which should be open by the time you make your visit, along with the completely refurbished Fantasyland and their new attractions. And there are the other 3 theme parks here, such as Epcot. They wanted to make one similar over there on the west coast, but that eventually fell flat. You have Hollywood Studios, which in my opinion has a few elements of DCA, but only so few such as Animation, Disney Jr Stage, Toy Story Mania, and Tower of Terror. There's also Star Tours in Hollywood Studios, The Muppet 3D Show, & Fantasmic. But you also have other elements of DHS that is not in California. Such as the Indiana Jones Stunt Show, The Great Movie Ride, Beauty & The Beast Stage Show, The Studio Backlot Tour, The American Idol Experience, and of course, Rock N Roller Coaster with Aerosmith. And then there's Animal Kingdom, that of which you can easily do in a day. I will save my opinion of that place for another post.

It would seem though, when it comes to the similarities or differences between the DLR and WDW, the "prototype" often gives the lesson on what to do, how to do it, and how to make it better, or how not to do it. One fine example, my wife had never gone to Disneyland until 2005. And had only been to WDW a few times before that, having lived here first before moving to California. When she first saw Sleeping Beauty's Castle having seen Cinderella's many times, her first impression and reaction was "That's it?!" Yes, Cinderella is that much larger, mainly because of building codes limitations in California, I guess. I like the Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean here in WDW much better because they're more realistic. I like the tunnel in Jungle Cruise here for one. Splash Mountain here in Florida is also more animated and colorful. The same goes with Peter Pan's Flight. Star Tours here at DHS has 6 shuttles rather than the 4 that Anaheim MAY still have. (They have refurbished it since I've been there, but I am not aware if they upped it to 6 or not.) And there's Tom Sawyer's Island. The fort is still open here and very explorable, complete with toy guns for the kids, where the one in California is still closed last I heard. And the caves are also fun, but not interactive like the ones in California where they were rethemed for "Pirates Island." But the fort has the "secret exit" that goes out into a cave at the back of the fort. Haunted Mansion also looks pretty cool, but more on that below.

However, there are some attractions here that are also in Disneyland that I prefer over the ones here. For starters, It's A Small World. You just can't beat the original. Especially around Christmas Time. You see, part of Fantasyland here still looks like the old fanfaire that the Disneyland Fantasyland used to have way back in the early 80s before their major refurb in 1983. Yes, they are re-doing a lot of it, but not for the older attractions such as Peter Pan and Small World across from it. So they can't take Small World and deck it out with a couple hundred different Christmas lights like Disneyland does. Four parks decorated for Christmas (even with the backlots at Hollywood Studios) simply cannot replace walking down Disneyland's parade route by the Matterhorn and seeing It's A Small World Holiday from down the road. Or even from Harbor Boulevard for that matter. And then there's Buzz Light Year. They're located in Tomorrowland, both in Florida and California. But I HIGHLY prefer the one in California than the one here. Because you can hold the blasters in your hand, shoot a lot faster, and get higher scores, where as to the one here its attached to the car, the scoring rate is EXTREMELY LOW, and you have very little movement with the blasters. So, unless you have Buzz fans in your party, I highly recommend skipping this one, especially if the wait time is high. Then there's Haunted Mansion. Both, though themed differently on the outside, are pretty much the same on the inside, with a few minor differences. But the MAJOR disappointment here is, that Florida's Haunted Mansion DOES NOT do the Christmas overlay with Nightmare Before Christmas. Having finally able to do the parks here during the holidays, I was very disappointed to find out that Haunted Mansion Holiday does not make an east coast appearance. Also, speaking of prototypes, there's Fantasmic. Though I haven't seen it here yet, in my mind, still far better at Disneyland. You have the pirate ship and the Mark Twain as a part of it, and then there's the dragon. Here, no pirate ship, and Jafar turns into a cobra in place of the dragon. And the only difference in the foot traffic between the two is the exiting crowd from the amphitheater that the one here is shown in, where as at Rivers of America in Disneyland, the whole area is a traffic nightmare after the show ends. Lastly, I do like Big Thunder there in California better than the one here. Even though the one here has some creative animated differences, you can only do the "goat trick" at Disneyland.

That pretty much covers it. But its like another person said, park hopping HERE takes more time because the way everything is laid out. You can easily take the monorail from Magic Kingdom to Epcot, but that could take anywhere between 20 - 30 minutes, depending on crowds and the monorail. But going from there to Hollywood or Animal Kingdom, its a lot longer. You can hop on the boats between Epcot & Hollywood Studios, but you have to deal with the 3 stops at the resorts between them, those being Swan/Dolphin, Boardwalk, and Yacht/Beach Club, which take about 20 minutes one way.

One last piece of advice I give to WDW first timers. When you first get here, be sure to take a few moments to absorb it all in. You've just come across the country to visit one of the best vacation spots in the world. Not everyone gets to do that. If you choose to stay at one of the Magic Kingdom area resorts, if you close your eyes, you can hear the sounds of MK nearby. But also be sure to take the time to slow down and smell the roses. Don't rush everywhere and enjoy yourselves. Some important points to remember involving Fast Pass and a few of the highly popular attractions. Soarin & Toy Story Mania (both of which, their queues (lines) are far better and more creatively built/designed here in Florida than their California counterparts. At least in my opinion.) ARE TWO attractions who's Fast Passes run out very quickly, especially during the weekends. Hollywood Studios tend to do their "Early Magic Hour" early entry on Saturday mornings. And people who use those have access to Toy Story Mania. Epcot runs theirs usually once during the middle of the week, and yes they have access to Soarin. Check ahead for the Early Magic Hour dates & coordinate these for the dates you are planning on going. And if your planned visits for both parks ends up on a date, whether or not there is an Early Magic Hour/Early Entry scheduled for that day, BE SURE to go to those attractions first. While at Epcot, hit Test Track early as well, or at least get Fast Passes for them. TT doesn't tend to run out like Soarin does, but it is the next popular attraction at Epcot. But the Fast Passes for both Soarin & Toy Story ALWAYS run out by mid-afternoon on the weekends. For assistance with your trip in getting on all of the attractions you want to go on, as well as planning your schedules to optimize everything as much as possible, I highly recommend getting the free Disney app My Disney Experience - WDW before your trip. I created a thread about it when it came out that should be really helpful to you, which has all of the info you need for it, including links to download it. Here's the link to the thread:

Have You Heard......My Disney Experience - WDW - A New Smartphone App

Lastly, if you would like some assistance from your fellow micechatters in choosing which would be the best resort to stay at, feel free to visit this thread:

What's the best themed Disney hotel in Florida?

Disclaimer: Both threads are closed, so you cannot comment on them. But they are still viewable for information, and any links in them are still available to click on.

Hope it all helps. Enjoy your trip!

Hope all of that helps.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Hey all you WDW experts!

My family and I are from San Diego, CA, and are avid DL-goers. We're going to WDW for the first time in June 2014 and need some advice from you experts. There's six of us at the ages of 50, 47, 21, 19, 18, and 11, so we're pretty able bodied and don't have a problem with a lot of walking/waiting etc.

This is our current plans. We are going to be at the parks for a total of 9 days, 2 of which are travel days. Our current day-by-day plan is:

1. Magic Kingdom
    2. Epcot
    3. Blizzard Beach
    4. Hollywood Studios
    5. Animal Kingdom
    6. Universal
    7. Any Disney repeats we want by than.

We were thinking that we would do one of the Waterparks the third day to relax a little and not have to walk so much after the first two parks.

Our #1 question would be which hotel is the best value for money. We were looking at the All Star Resort and I would love to hear if any of you have any experience with this hotel. Obviously it's probably not the nicest hotel in the WDW fleet, but considering we're barely going to be there it just needs to be comfortable and a good price.

Another question we have, is there a shuttle from WDW to Universal? Do we need to rent a car or is there a cheaper, easier method we can take? We are HUGE Harry Potter fans so this is necessary.

Also, if you had to pick one nice, sit down restaurant in the whole resort what would you consider to be the best? We were considering the Be Our Guest restaurant for the very first night because I've heard so much about it.

Any other tips or can't-miss advice would be awesome because once again we are completely novice when it comes to DisneyWorld... we literally know nothing.

Thanks and have a magical day!
    There was a lot of mention about getting fast passes. If you are going to be staying at a Disney resort, you will be eligible for Fast Pass+, which allows you to make reservations for rides months in advance. As of now you can make 3 Fast Pass+ ressies per day, but only at one park each day (maybe 4 for the MK, but I’m not sure of that). There are 3 tiers of attractions and you will choose one ride from each tier. Paper fast passes will be eliminated. You can use Disney’s app to make ressies. You will also get wristbands, called MagicBands, which will serve as your room key, credit card, etc. They are waterproof so you can use them at water parks, too.

As so many have already mentioned, dining is an integral part of the WDW experience. Check out the menus and make ressies months ahead of time so you can get the dining experience you want. Don’t only consider park restaurants…the deluxe hotels all have wonderful restaurants and are great for just exploring. For a break in the day you may also wish to rent boats and go out on the water for an hour or go horseback riding. Lots of things to do there other than just the parks.

As a fellow Potter lover, be prepared for LONG lines at Universal, since Diagon Alley may be opening in the Studios sometime around your visit. Since you will want to tour both Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade (one in the Studios and one in IOA), you will need a two-park pass. I also understand that you will probably need a two-park pass if you want to take the Express train between Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, which will be an E-ticket attraction. Since I noticed the ages of your children, you may want to consider one night at a Universal Hotel for front of the line access to all rides except Harry Potter’s Forbidden Journey and I’m sure the new rides in Diagon Alley. There are more thrill-type rides in Universal, and I know my kids wanted to dump Disney at the age of 11 and only go to Universal. I heard the new Cabana Bay resort at Univ will not offer front of line passes, though, since it is a value resort. Univ is like DL, with City Walk in the middle with the two parks and hotels surrounding it, all within walking distance.

June will be very hot. Be prepared, stay hydrated and HAVE FUN!.
    I really don't reply to messages, so I hope I'm doing this correctly.

We are going first time to DW in February. I have purchased the Unofficial Guide to WDW, plus the Touring Plans and app. I have studied this, put in my dates, planned for EMH...and will go with that. They promise to make the most out of your day so I will rely on their expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by MJM View Post

June will be very hot. Be prepared, stay hydrated and HAVE FUN!.
    Also, be prepared for wet weather. It rains a lot during the Summer, but its also humid & warm when it rains. So don't pack a heavy jacket. Just a light one and an umbrella. Or a rain suit/poncho.

My Wife and I are regular D Land visitors and we have made several trips to WDW as well. I have family in the C. Florida area so we visit several times a year and usually make a stop at WDW. I believe we are close to 10 visits now.

The last 3 times we went (and again at the end of this January) we will be staying at the Wilderness Campground Cabins. We love staying here for several reasons.

1. It is considered a moderate resort. A cabin will cost around $330-400 a night without discounts (we use our passholder discount and usually pay less than $225 a night). Each cabin has a full size bed and bunk beds in the bedroom and a fold down full size bed in the living room. It also has a full kitchen so you can buy food and save some time and money eating at your cabin. It also has a deck and charcoal grill outside.

2. For you party size you may want to get to cabins. 3 per cabin would fit very comfortably. You also have you own parking space right in front of your cabin if you decide to rent a car.

3. You can take the water shuttle to and from the MK and the Wilderness Lodge. we love this option as the bus service at WDW is both confusing and a serious time eater. we usually drive from our cabin to the other parks but take the water service the MK.

4. The best advice for meals is reserve your dinners ASAP. Be Our Guest will probably already be booked for your dates for dinner already.

5. Have fun. WDW is big and confusing but just relax and have fun.

We're DLR vets who did WDW last year. The parks are far larger than you imagine, and there's less in them. (DLR has almost the same number of attractions in 2 parks that WDW has in 4 parks.) Be prepared for the walks between attractions to feel oddly long and for MK, especially, to feel a little emptier than DL. Also, Epcot in one day is difficult unless it's not crowded because it's enormous. On your "clean-up" day, you might want to come back here.

Transportation between the parks takes much longer than you'll be used to as well, so bring lots of patience and give yourself lots of time. We stayed at Pop and liked it, and it was an easy bus ride to the different parks.

MK is not DL, but if you don't expect it to be DL, it's pretty neat. We liked it more than Epcot.
    Just be prepared for a really different vibe. DLR and WDW don't feel like each other at all. We were shocked by how different it felt. But I really got into MK. The counter service food is abysmal, though. DLR is much better than WDW in that regard. Casual dining was depressing the whole time we were there.
    WDW 1973 Poly | WDW Jul 1977 offsite | DLR Jul 1988 offsite | DLP Apr 2000 offsite | DLR Apr 2002 PPH | DLR Sep 2002 HoJo | DLR Dec 2002 HoJo | DLR Apr 2003 HoJo | DLR Dec 2005 HoJo | DLR Mar 2013 HoJo | WDW May 2013 Pop | DLR Oct 2013 HoJo | Moving to L.A. 2014!

I'm going back to WDW for my second trip in July! You'll love it.
    For value resorts do either Art of Animation for a newer-modern look or Pop Century. Regardless of their cheap cost, it's still pure Disney magic and you'll sincerely enjoy either. I mean how much time are you spending at the hotel regardless? All of them provide free shuttle service to and from parks so if you're bored go hotel hopping! That's actually a great way to experience other shops and restaurants that are just as good as in park dining.
    Magic Kingdom - Check out Tonys! It's exclusive only to WDW and is a great restaurant on Main St. So cute. As well as Be Our Guest!!
    Epcot - Check out Le Cellier if you can afford it and aren't in to exotic dining.
    Hollywood Studios - Sci Fi Dine In Theatre or 50s Prime Time Cafe. Really neat experiences.
    Animal Kingdom - mainly a lot of quick service dining and park closes early so I suggest going to downtown disney (which is 3x the size of DLR and a great night out of shopping, restaurants, and entertainment.)

• California Adventurer...

Quote Originally Posted by bkeyes19 View Post
    (we use our passholder discount and usually pay less than $225 a night).
    When you say "passholder discount" is this only a discount for WDW passholders? Because I am a DL passholder and it would be amazing if this were a thing! (although I have the sneaking suspicion it isn't....)

Also, a couple of you have mentioned when "discounted rates" get released. When does this sort of thing happen, and when would be the best time to book in advance for the hotel? We're waiting for a bonus check to pay part of it, but we might be able to squeeze the money out for the booking early if it saves money.

Also, any other types of discounts I should know about for the hotel?

Seriously, THANK YOU, to all of the people who have replied. You guys have no idea how helpful this has all been.

• Under that tree again!

When you say "passholder discount" is this only a discount for WDW passholders? Because I am a DL passholder and it would be amazing if this were a thing! (although I have the sneaking suspicion it isn't....)
    WDW pass holders. But would it be worth it to upgrade to a Premier AP? In your case if you have or need Premium DLR passes it would be. Then you can get a WDW discount.

Also, a couple of you have mentioned when "discounted rates" get released. When does this sort of thing happen, and when would be the best time to book in advance for the hotel? We're waiting for a bonus check to pay part of it, but we might be able to squeeze the money out for the booking early if it saves money.
    They come out roughly 2- 4 months ahead of the travel period. For example now you can book a Discount for March through early June. If before you pay the You can modify if you get a better rate later.

Also, any other types of discounts I should know about for the hotel?
    You can book through third part sites like Orbitz.

Is anyone active or retired military? There is a military hotel onsite.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    I chose POP over All Stars because they have dedicated bus service. All three All Stars share buses so I've heard the wait can be long. AoA also has their own buses but is never offered a discount. I originally booked there but changed to POP when they released discounted rates. I'm only sleeping there so the amenities aren't important.
    I've stayed at All Star Movies, All Star Music, and Pop Century - I prefer Movies for the layout and Music for the beds - I thought the beds were hard at Pop - given that that's pretty much all I do at the resort besides bath and have breakfast, I'm sensitive to that - As a self-confessed Orlando Commando, I'm exhausted when I get back to the room. These are NOT Motel 6. They are themed over-the-top (the kids will love it) and, like the rest of the 30000 acres, not a detail gets missed. If you are into all the bells and whistles in the place where you stay, these are not for you - but if you're on a budget, they're a great opportunity to have that experience of staying on the grounds. Besides, where else can you step outside your door and be greeted by a 4 story dalmatian, or Buzz Lightyear?

If someone has already mentioned this, pardon the redundancy but this is not the time to break-in new sneakers. Bring a couple pair of well broken-in shoes. Having just visited DL in May, I can tell you you're in for a shock as to the size of this resort. The parks are beautiful but they're exhausting - I'm always amazed to watch my fellow females try to navigate these parks in heels - think comfort.

Figure out which table service restaurants you want to visit NOW. Reservations are available 180 days out, I believe, and some restaurants are booked solid that far in advance. But, another piece of advice - try not to plan the whole trip around food. I'm always amused to read trip reports where people only have time to do one or two attractions because they have to leave to go be an hour early for their dinner/lunch reservations. Choose a couple of good ones (the character meals are fun if you have younger kids) and try to play the rest by ear. There are wonderful counter service places in each park - some better than others and it allows for more spontaneity. Unless of course you're a total foodie - in which case I say reserve, reserve, reserve.

Oh, and have fun!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast