Maelstrom To Be Remade Into elaborately cool Frozen Rude?

Thread: Maelstrom To Be Remade Into elaborately cool Frozen Rude?

Tags: None

Ride Warrior said:

Maelstrom To Be Remade Into elaborately cool Frozen Rude?

Source: Screamscape

rumor has it that Disney has instructed Imagineering to think up possibilities for creating a new Frozen ride that would replace Maelstom at the Norwaw Pavillion. Nothing's official, apparently not even a general idea of a budget. But it does make sense that a Frozen based ride would be consistant with Norway and icy area weather conditions. The popularity of the movie and it's Meet and Greets lends credence that the Comany may well be eyeing a new ride for the tale. It could be a simple low budget transformation using the current ride system. Put, imagine the potential for a rumored new high-dollar trackless system and "mind-numbing" elaborate effects.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

LordVader said:

Re: Maelstrom To Be Remade Into elaborately cool Frozen Rude?

I'll believe it when it's announced. Besides, I don't think Disney would rush to create a Frozen attraction this soon.

Remember, it took The Little Mermaid over 20 years to get an attraction, and we still don't have a B&TB, Mulan, or Tangled dark ride.
  3. Omega said:

I do want a Frozen ride, but put it in Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom. Don't replace Maelstrom, the World Pavillion needs all the rides it can get, which should not be Disney-film-inspired. This thread is poorly-conceived.
    The five worst crimes in the world, in no particular order, are genocide, rape, murder, torture, and flash photography on Space Mountain.

LordVader said:

Yes, put it somewhere in Fantasyland.
    Preferably without the removal of another classic.

Witches of Morva said:

ORDDU: Yes an attraction on FROZEN belongs in Fantasyland and NOT at Epcot. I'd like them to simply re-do Maelstrom with updated special effects. Otherwise it's like taking Tom Sawyer's Island and turning it into a Pirate themed area simply because a movie based on Pirates of the Caribbean did well at the box office. The theme for Norway wouldn't be right if FROZEN took over as the main attraction there.

biggsworth said:

Revamp current ride. Unless I missed it I don't think frozen took place in Norway.

toonaspie said:

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Revamp current ride. Unless I missed it I don't think frozen took place in Norway.
    It wasn't. It was set in a fictional kingdom meant to be heavily influenced by Norway.

As for the ride idea, I will say that the last time a World Showcase ride was rethemed to a Disney animated film, the result was a combination of sloppy theming and a killing of atmosphere. Granted the original ride was nothing to write home about, but the few elements of the ride that did work were killed in its re-Disneyfication.

Since Maelstrom has a strong cult following, I'd say the suits are treading some dangerous waters here.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

SpectroMan said:

Horrible idea. Maelstrom has a light educational theme which is exactly the idea of the Epcot/World's Fair original concept. A Frozen ride could go anywhere else and do awesome. No need to rip out a very popular existing attraction.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

swampymarsh said:

Can we please put rides all around the lagoon before replacing the two that are there. Sure they are old and could use and update, but World Showcase needs more rides.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Hathaway Browne said:

Revamp the Maelstrom? Yes
    With Frozen? Noooooooo!

I loved the film, but it doesn't belong in the Norwegian pavilion, mainly due to it being an over use of characters, but also the fact that, as already mentioned Arenedelle is not in the Kingdom of Norway. (Elsa is Queen of Arendelle)

I've got no qualms with merchandise from the film being sold in The Puffin's Roost, (Meet'n'Greets are a bit borderline) but a full fledged 'Frozen: The Icy Boat Ride'. No thanks.

However, that being said, 'Frozen: The Icy Boat Ride' would be perfect for Fantasyland.

That brings us to the million Krone question... where could it fit in Fantasyland? Has all the real estate in the Forrest been used?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Fultimate said:

I think they should also replace Impression de France by Ratatouille : L'Aventure Totalement Toquee de Remy (the upcoming parisian trackless dark-ride). And with a extra Frozen ride, this park would become far more interesting. I approve this idea!
    Last edited by Fultimate; 01-05-2014 at 05:56 AM.

Witches of Morva said:

ORWEN: Well, if you're gonna' go THAT route, why not build a whole new dark ride for Snow White's Scary Adventures in Germany?

ORDDU: And a Pinocchio dark ride for Italy?

ORWEN: And a Roger Rabbit Toon Town to replace the American Adventure?

ORDDU: Or an attraction for Mulan in China? As you can see, the possibilities are endless!

ORGOCH: Believe in sarcasm much?

goofy donald said:

Quote Originally Posted by Fultimate View Post
    I think they should also replace Impression de France by Ratatouille : L'Aventure Totalement Toquee de Remy (the upcoming parisian trackless dark-ride). And with a extra Frozen ride, this park would become far more interesting. I approve this idea!
    even this is too far IMO. I would love to see the ratatouille ride in Pixar place however characters do not belong in the world showcase or epcot for that matter. the three caballeros push this line to its limits, however they do somewhat fit as they are a part of disney's history related to latin America. any rides added to the world showcase should be original ideas and the nemo overlay should be killed instantly at the living seas, its a significant downgrade from sea base alpha.

aimster said:

I still haven't seen Frozen.

frollofan said:

For the first time in forever, Disney should build a ride in Epcot that doesn't rely on Disney characters.