Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• ROFLCOPTER

Re: Everest opens when? And what's after Everest at AK?

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator
    If Nemo is confirmed, does this mean DAK will have another part of it's park, Austrailia?
    I dont think Austrailia would go with the theme to well, but you never know.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Super Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    I mean you get up to the buffet bar yourself but you are seated, have a server and all. That's probably what they are thinking when they say "Full Service Buffet.
    Seems like there was a thread on this awhile back, either here or on another site. There's gotta be something else it's called, cuz if I'm going to a full service restaurant, I'm gonna plop my big butt down and get waited on for the full meal. If I have to get up and go to a buffet, then that ain't full service to me!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Before the lagoon show was added, people would leave Epcot early in the day around 6.
    Oh the good old days in 1982. *sighs*

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Oh the good old days in 1982. *sighs*
    Yeah, that's the odd part about me, I'll know how it used to be, but I never got to live it, so I'll never really know, you know?

• Banned User

Yeah, that's the odd part about me, I'll know how it used to be, but I never got to live it, so I'll never really know, you know?
    we will be telling our kids how AK used to close way early.. until everest came along...

lol

now you kids got your virtural pal mickey, we used to have our doll version....

• The one, the only...

I like the news, especially that there might be a night time show and that they are going to do something on the water. That always seemed to me to have great potential. I always thought that something should be going on there.

How about a lighted float parade with music. I could be like the show at the MK lake. It would work better because you are closer to the floats so can see more detail, such as performers. The movement in the water would make it different than the lighted show for MK. It would be a little different than fireworks for Epcot and MK. Or a show like Fantasmic.

All they have to do is get a really great music soundtrack. I really feel that the MSEP was carried by that fantastic music it had.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Banned User

Well, if you want to get technical, there actually is a version of the Animal Kingdom design in Tokyo... Tokyo DisneySea is basically a totally different, yet better themed and organized, version of Animal Kingdom. And the lagoon show there... well, you'd have to see it to believe it. But the effects in that show make use of the park's volcano. Something AK doesn't have. But the majority of the show is fire and water... and they're not really all that loud. So that could be converted into an AK show with a new concept and such. But like i said, it's just a rumor!!!!!

• Super Old Guy

Well, if you want to get technical, there actually is a version of the Animal Kingdom design in Tokyo... Tokyo DisneySea is basically a totally different, yet better themed and organized, version of Animal Kingdom.
    Huh?

• Banned User

And the lagoon show there... well, you'd have to see it to believe it. But the effects in that show make use of the park's volcano. Something AK doesn't have. But the majority of the show is fire and water... and they're not really all that loud. So that could be converted into an AK show with a new concept and such. But like i said, it's just a rumor!!!!!
    BraviSEAmo! delivered. For those interested in that show Bill just described...use link below and click on the video link at the bottom right side... And while there, get to see the other videos from special events from around TDL and TDS...
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...and/event.html

Sorry about that but shows and parades is what TDR does best and I get carried away by that...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    Huh?
    I believe Bill meant the way both park's lands are designed in relation to one another. But I still found this comment to be a bit confusing myself.

• Banned User

the first time i went to epcot I was a year old so I don't remember, but my parents do. and my mom remembers before the living seas and mission space and norway and morrocco. and of course luminations. actually somewhere we have either movies or video of the first show where the countries were all used. She says the first couple years before eisner they did 2fers to get people into the park. she also said admission to one either epcot or MK was get this.... 16 count em 16 big ones.!!!! those were the days

• Banned User

Okay, let me clarify... If you compare the park's maps and level of detail, you'll notice that the parks are very similar in terms of where land the is in relation to the water. In fact, the Lost River Delta section of TDS was actually thought of as a land for Disney's Animal Kingdom in its early stages...Animal Kingdom's Lost River Delta became Asia, and the budget was cut dramatically. No, the Indy theme wasn't there at this point. Even so, the theming of the two lands is very similar, though it took on a much more Indiana Jones related theme in TDS than Asia in Disney's Animal Kingdom. (In a highly altered form.... only the concepts of the land are similar and branched off from the original concept. In any case, the parks are distant cousins and more in common in terms of infrastructure than any other parks. TDS had more time to get some details right though. (The water parade routes for example)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore'snumber1fan
    those were the days
    Yes they were... Too bad you guys will never get to see what EPCOT (and MK) were like back in the days... Astuter Computer Review.. Laserphonic Fantasy... Symbiosis... A New World Fantasy... Magic Journeys...

*sighs*

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Yes they were... Too bad you guys will never get to see what EPCOT (and MK) were like back in the days... Astuter Computer Review.. Laserphonic Fantasy... Symbiosis... A New World Fantasy... Magic Journeys...

*sighs*
    Laserphonics!! was that the one from the mid-eighties? I loved that one. Its the only one I remember from when I was a kid and took a family trip there.

• Super Old Guy

Okay, let me clarify... If you compare the park's maps and level of detail, you'll notice that the parks are very similar in terms of where land the is in relation to the water.
    OK - THAT I can follow. What you said originally was something like TDS is exactly like DAK but totally different but the same. I was confused (a state I'm eloquently familiar with!).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast