Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Post Everest opens when? And what's after Everest at AK?

Greetings all you people out there. I have some great news! I just saved a load of money on my car insurance by... err, nvm. LOL Anyway, expect Everest to be on soft opening beginning Feb 2nd. This soft opening means that Everest will be open almost on a daily basis from Feb. 2nd until the week around the grand opening April 7th. It is not guaranteed that you will get to ride, but it can be expected. During this time Everest will be in a test and adjust phase for the line queue... odd patterns of lines can be expected. And Everest will not be open everyday. Construction is still taking place on the ride to seal the inside to make the attraction pitch black on the backwards portions. When construction takes place, the ride will be closed, sometimes all day. Going to the attraction will be more of a hit or miss for the next two months, however it is under an official soft-opening beginning Feb. 2nd. This is being published in all marketing materials as well. But remember, during a soft-opening period, the ride is not always going to be open. If you go, I wish you the best of luck!

Now for the other part of this post. Everest is the first part of a project to get guests to stay later in the Animal Kingdom theme park. (And extend the park's hours)

This part is all highly rumored, so please, take it with a grain of salt, but know that it has a bit of merit to it.

On the drawing board is a new buffet-style full service restaurant in Asia, along with a new show set to open this Fall replacing the Tarzan Rocks show, and an un-announced (and in very early stages of planning) nighttime show for Discovery Lake in front of Everest. The show replacing Tarzan Rocks is highly rumored to be based upon Finding Nemo, however I can still not confirm this as fact. The nighttime show is too early in concept development to even be treated as something that will ever happen. The potential is there, but it's just way too early in the design of the show to even say that there will be a green light for construction.

Someone on another site said that Imagineers were looking at the boat docks on Discovery River to convert them into something. No word if this is for the rumored restaurant, an area for storing floats for a nighttime show, or a new atttraction based on the river. I'll keep you updated.

Anyway, that's the latest from the peanut gallery. On Everest and the Animal Kingdom in general. And that's the way the cookie crumbles, I'm Bru... I mean Bill.
    Last edited by captsmith84; 01-31-2006 at 10:48 AM.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Everest opens when? And what's after Everest at AK?

Ha! Wasnt the full serve restaurant supposed to open with Everest? More brilliant planning I see. See if the park will stay open late without a restaurant...then see if they want to build one. A bit backwards me thinks.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Maybe the Discovery Lake show is the old Noah's Ark show that I read about somewhere planned for Crescent Lake? Or was that just a rumored idea?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

If Nemo is confirmed, does this mean DAK will have another part of it's park, Austrailia?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator
    If Nemo is confirmed, does this mean DAK will have another part of it's park, Austrailia?
    No, not really. That theatre is in Dinoland.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Ha! Wasnt the full serve restaurant supposed to open with Everest? More brilliant planning I see. See if the park will stay open late without a restaurant...then see if they want to build one. A bit backwards me thinks.
    Not at all... first the ride, then the restaurant, then the lagoon show. It worked with Epcot, it can work at AK. If you don't have all the elements though, it won't (and doesn't) work.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo
    Maybe the Discovery Lake show is the old Noah's Ark show that I read about somewhere planned for Crescent Lake? Or was that just a rumored idea?
    Like I said, it's a rumored show very early in concept. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Not at all... first the ride, then the restaurant, then the lagoon show. It worked with Epcot, it can work at AK. If you don't have all the elements though, it won't (and doesn't) work.
    Except EPCOT had sit downs when it opened...it was ready to stay open late...AK is gonna have a hard time staying open late right now with no nicer place for dinner in my opinion.

I also think if the lagoon part by Everest is going to have a night show the Everest side of the lagoon could use a bar and fast food place too to not have to walk food/drink from Africa or Restaurantosaurus.

Bill, thanks for the update.

It does look like a Nemo show will indeed be replacing Tarzan.

As for the restaurant, why, why does it have to be a buffet?

Haven't heard anything about a nighttime show, but it would be nice.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo
    The Noah's Ark show was one of the many shows introduces as "soon to be at WDW..." during the "Disney Decade" presentation in late 1989 by Eisner, which included such plans as a baby Herman buggy ride, a Dick Tracy dark ride and many other failed ideas. Some Disney decade it turned out to be.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Thanks for the info, Bill. I just have one question - can a buffet restaurant be full service?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Except EPCOT had sit downs when it opened...it was ready to stay open late...AK is gonna have a hard time staying open late right now with no nicer place for dinner in my opinion.

I also think if the lagoon part by Everest is going to have a night show the Everest side of the lagoon could use a bar and fast food place too to not have to walk food/drink from Africa or Restaurantosaurus.
    Before the lagoon show was added, people would leave Epcot early in the day around 6.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    Thanks for the info, Bill. I just have one question - can a buffet restaurant be full service?
    Well, I guess? No clue really. lol. It's what I was told. Go figure.

Yes it can, the Crystal Palace is. Chef Mickey's is. I mean you get up to the buffet bar yourself but you are seated, have a server and all. That's probably what they are thinking when they say "Full Service Buffet"...Crystal Palace.

• Former Epcot CM

So basically Golden Corrall with Mickey.

This night-time show intrigues me. Very cool me thinks.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California