View Poll Results: Which FANTASMIC! is better?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Walt Disney World

14 20.59%
  • Disneyland

54 79.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• out & about

FANTASMIC!... WDW vs DLR

I posted a similar thread in the Disneyland forum only to recieve complaints that the poll would be biased because it was in the DLR forum. So heres your chance. If you really think WDW F! is better than DLR make your voices heard!

I recently made a move to Florida where I Work, Live and Play at Walt Disney World as a CP. My assignment while I am here is at Disney/MGM Studios working Fantasmic. I see the show every night. Ive noticed its a little different than F! at DLR. For those of you who have seen both shows, which do you like better?

WDW or DLR?
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

@WRDinc

• Banned User

Re: FANTASMIC!... WDW vs DLR

Our boat in WDW was built out of plywood and rope lights. Our water cannons were turned down before opening because of Reedy Creek Regulations. And we're missing a Peter Pan Segment. WDW's version just isn't as good.

• Disney Memory Maker

Although I've never seen the DL version in person (I have seen videos), I voted for WDW's because I love the whole show. I absolutely love the Pocahontas scene (and judging by the video, i think it's much better than the Peter Pan scene). And I think the end (with Sorcerer Mickey on top of the mountain) is one of the most magical moments in all of WDW. There is not one part of the show I would change (except for maybe the 20 minutes of "The Wave" before the show ). So I would definitly choose WDW's over DL's.

As for bias, I don't think putting it here is going to ease the bias. Micechat is a Disneyland-centric forum (show of hands....how many people live closer to DL than WDW?)
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Former CM

I've seen both and easily voted for DL's version. Poc-a-ho's secene doesn't compare to the Columbia being transformed into Hook's ship with the fight up on top. From the time of the canon blast that shakes everything (I can even hear it from my house on quite nights) to the end of Capt. Hook is much better then WDW's. Plus we have a big ship at the end with the charaters and not some midget plywood boat.

• Suspended

Perhaps a poll at www.wdwmagic.com might result in a different result.

• Banned User

DL's version Rocks!!! The show runs tigher and with better continuity. Then there is the Peter Pan sequence....can't be that. Pocahontas and John Smith just do not cut it...the canoes sequence slows down the show conciderably, and the extra extra long bubbles and villains filmed sequences makes the show a bit too boring and overdone.

However, I do like the Mickey with genie lamp sequence and the Lion King sequence as well...but then again, I prefer DL's Jungle Book sequence better.

DL's gets my vote as the better version.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Perhaps a poll at www.wdwmagic.com might result in a different result.
    That may be the case but that site is also first and foremost for WDW fans and I am sure most have not seen DL's F.

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    That may be the case but that site is also first and foremost for WDW fans and I am sure most have not seen DL's F.
    Well, then they can all have the pleasure of being as wrong as, say, aksmike1 (sic) is.

How ya doin', aks?

• Disney Prince

both have their merits WDW has stadium seating and the big mountain finale, while DLR has better atmosphere, The Columbia, and The Mark Twain. However, Disneyland obviously has the upper hand as having the more 'fantasmic' show. Plus, WDW just has too many villains some of which just don't fit in with the "supernatural" villains crowd and the Pocahontas segment can be boring and confusing.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stitcharielsinbad
    WDW has stadium seating and the big mountain finale.
    The stadium theater is another one of my petpeeves here... It allowes for guests to get up and start running for the exit as soon as you see the Steamboat Willie boat coming around the corner, creating a lot of confusion and blocking the view of those who DO remain seated until the "Some Imagination eh?" end. At DL, guests remain seated until or hold their spot until the very end, and most can enjoy the finale uninterrupted.

• out & about

The stadium theater is another one of my petpeeves here... It allowes for guests to get up and start running for the exit as soon as you see the Steamboat Willie boat coming around the corner, creating a lot of confusion and blocking the view of those who DO remain seated until the "Some Imagination eh?" end. At DL, guests remain seated until or hold their spot until the very end, and most can enjoy the finale uninterrupted.
    After working at F! for only two weeks now my biggest pet peeve is that people leave before the show is over... i mean what gives? why are people in such a hurry to get out of there? The park is closed when the show starts! Uh, I dunno. it just bugs me.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

@WRDinc

• Banned User

There is absolutely no comparison. Disneyland has BIG COLUMBIA BOAT Peter Pan Sequence. It's so over with this alone. But, let's add a real Steamboat that's 3 times bigger then the cardboard box of a boat WDW uses, and, the Pocahantas scene at WDW drives the show to a boring halt.

WDW does have an edge with the Stadium vs sitting/standing at Disneyland (by the way, what is with those who wait 5 hours at Disneyland's Fantasmic to get a front row seat that will get you wet from the spray screens? Do as you wish, but, do not drag your poor children into this who would like to roam the park)

Quote Originally Posted by zzyzx
    WDW does have an edge with the Stadium vs sitting/standing at Disneyland (by the way, what is with those who wait 5 hours at Disneyland's Fantasmic to get a front row seat that will get you wet from the spray screens? Do as you wish, but, do not drag your poor children into this who would like to roam the park)
    who knows

but it'll be interesting to see if they'll fill up all those balcony seats when they add that new balcony for the show o_o sounds expensive

I have yet to see the WDW version but I'm planning on roadtripping my way out there this summer

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

"Fantasmic!" is a show I can take or leave... I'd much rather listen to it on CD than see it... I absolutely LOVE the soundtrack, but waiting around for the show to begin... well... I just think my time is better spent exploring either of the parks it is in.

Show-wise Disneyland's is superior. It has to do with the fact that it is organic to the park, instead of in a specific ampitheater built for it. I love that by day the Rivers of America and Tom Sawyer Island are part of the park that guests visit. There's nothing there that suggests a show could happen....

And then at night... as only Disney magic can do... this show springs out of nowhere... light towers... the plaza by the river becomes a seating area... Tom Sawyer Island, a place you may have played on merely hours beforehand, becomes a stage... and the Columbia and Mark Twain even enter the act filling roles that could only be dreamed of.

"Fantasmic!" at D-MGM is fairly spectacular and wonderful in its own wright, but Disneyland's takes the cake.

However, now that I've seen both, I'd still rather play around both parks and enjoy the attractions and architecture than see the show.

• Super Old Guy

DL's version Rocks!!! The show runs tigher and with better continuity....the canoes sequence slows down the show conciderably, and the extra extra long bubbles and villains filmed sequences makes the show a bit too boring and overdone.
    Well, whatdya know? TDLFAN & I actually AGREE on something! My biggest peeve with the WDW show isn't with the Steamboat Mickey boat or the Poc scene. It's with the whole bubbles film segment. It's way too long, and the way it cuts back & forth between live and film is much choppier than the DL version. It feels to me as if they changed the show for change's sake, and didn't have the artistic abilities that the original show designers had.

I've seen both many times. And DL's will always be a must see, while WDW's is take it or leave it for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast