Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

• I'm from Canada eh!

Re: Construction Begins For AVATAR-Inspired Land At Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Yeah, there is very little imagining going on lately. Including, how imaginative the source material is supposed too be.

I dont know if I can say I like the idea of Avatar land or not. I mean its not very Disney at all, and they can do better, but it looks like its already getting done. I think why do they wait a little, and save the money from Avatar land to spend on Star Wars themed attractions. I think that could rival Universals Harry potter's attraction better.

Dont know if it has already been said but, I really think Animal Kingdom should not be opened later than it normaly is, just for the sake of the Animals in the park. To give them some rest and relaxing from the loud noises and people they have to incounter all day already. I disagree for a night time safari too.

^ as for the Animals being taken care of in the dark night time noises, How about the animals in just about every zoo around the country/world...far as I know a large majority stay open late with no visible effects on the animals...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Olson View Post
    Are they really imagining, or are they adapting​?
    Um, I'd say it takes quite a bit of imagination to translate an environment seen on film into a physical theme park land. It also takes a bit of an imagination to use rides and venues to help tell this story. Imagination and originality are two different things. Besides that, the point still remains that the best theme parks would be nowhere today if they werent allowed to grow and expand outside the boundaries set by their original opening-day frameworks.

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    ^ as for the Animals being taken care of in the dark night time noises, How about the animals in just about every zoo around the country/world...far as I know a large majority stay open late with no visible effects on the animals...

I think of it like this, The animals that live there have and are used to a certian schedual. It normally gets quite around a certain time for them at the Animal Kingdom. You cant tell me it wont bring any stress to them! The first couple of weeks Animal Kingdom will stay open late, it will be out of their normal routine. The normal time they have to wind down, relax, sleep eat ,whatever they do when the park closes, they wont have it anymore.

And zoos that normaly stay open late, well the animals that live there are use to it. The animals at Animal Kingdom are not.

Quote Originally Posted by deathcomesarippin View Post
    I think of it like this, The animals that live there have and are used to a certian schedual. It normally gets quite around a certain time for them at the Animal Kingdom. You cant tell me it wont bring any stress to them! The first couple of weeks Animal Kingdom will stay open late, it will be out of their normal routine. The normal time they have to wind down, relax, sleep eat ,whatever they do when the park closes, they wont have it anymore.

And zoos that normaly stay open late, well the animals that live there are use to it. The animals at Animal Kingdom are not.

I have confidence that Disney is not going into this blindly.. I am sure they have a plan to make this transition smooth.
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Sigh...

So many things and ideas that they could've done with this area and they resort to a non-Disney movie tie-in that they don't even own (and has no guarantee of a long lifespan).

That's not the death of Animal Kingdom. That's the death of the creative process that the company was built on.
    I'm also not sure how I feel about this new "Land" guess we'll have to see how it plays out! I'll keep an open mind

Joe Rhode at imagineering presentation on Avatar:
    “The underlying value of this film fits squarely on top of the values of Animal Kingdom and it’s not just kind of a nice fit, it’s actually an extraordinarily smooth and very clear and vivid expression of the underlying value systems of the park.”
    Last edited by WDWorldly; 02-06-2014 at 01:19 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678