• Donald's #1 Fan

I'll *probably* visit the park during the last week of January... very little time!

Hello all!

I'll be visiting the resort (perhaps) during the last week of January for a tech convention. I may have afternoons off (Sunday to Thursday) and my family may join me Thursday to Sunday. There are a lot of "perhaps" and "mays" in this story, I know!.

Anyway, the last time I visited the resort was in 2004. We are frequent visitors to DL, though, and we love the park to pieces. I have never cared that much for WDW. I guess it's the size of it... I don't know. I do loved EPCOT Center back when I was a kid, perhaps quite a bit more than Disneyland.

I know I have very little time, and there'll be an event on Tuesday where DHS will be hosting a party for us. I love Rock'nRoller Coaster and Tower of Terror.

But I'm trying to decide what to do - IF I get an evening off, or if my family joins me. I may stay on Epcot for as long as I can, but I hear the Magic Kingdom is quite a bit better.

With such a limited time frame, and considering I last visited 10 years ago, what's my best course of action? Stay on Epcot? Try something new, and visit the Magic Kingdom? Is AK a full day park now, or should I not bother?

So many questions, so little time!

Re: I'll *probably* visit the park during the last week of January... very little tim

How about 2 nights at Epcot and 2 at Magic Kingdom. Both should be open late. At Magic Kingdom visit attractions not found at DL like peoplemover, County bear jamboree, Hall of Presidents and Carousel of Progress. Enjoy.

• Donald's #1 Fan

Re: I'll *probably* visit the park during the last week of January... very little tim

I had forgotten all about the PeopleMover and the Hall of Presidents! Thanks, Magic Kingdom is in. I just wonder how Epcot is, after all these years. I remember it as the grandest park of them all.

Still, 2 nights at Epcot and 2 at Magic Kingdom would cost close to $300, right? :yikes:

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    I had forgotten all about the PeopleMover and the Hall of Presidents! Thanks, Magic Kingdom is in. I just wonder how Epcot is, after all these years. I remember it as the grandest park of them all.

Still, 2 nights at Epcot and 2 at Magic Kingdom would cost close to $300, right? :yikes:
    IMO you should go for 2 at epcot 1 at Magic Kingdom and 1 at AK. AK can be done comfortably in an afternoon and there almost every show and ride there you wont be able to do back in DL. do MK for one night as there are several attractions that are clones and several that are similar that if you have the time you can test out for your own amusement to see which one you like better, plus no WDW vacation s complete without being in MK at least once. finally two days of epcot because theres lots of awesome stuff there thats not on the west coast, and walking around world showcase enjoying the food drinks and scenery is an afternoon/evening in and of itself.

• Under that tree again!

MK is not that great, it does have a few things, but mostly what DL does. One evening would do.

I would really try to hit AK. It closes early so do it when you will be done earliest. Epcot at night is excellent just to walk around so that should be good. DHS well I'd do that like MK just for a few things.

If you family comes they could go all day and you meet at night for the highlights.

Is your convention onsite, or hotel?
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Donald's #1 Fan

It's on-site. Well, it'll be at the Dolphin (or Swan?). I think I'll be staying at the Animal Kingdom hotel (not too bad!).

The things I don't know is - if conferences end at 6 or 7 PM, and I have to pay full price to get into a park for a couple of hours. That doesn't sound too good. I know we'll be able to visit the DHS park on Tuesday. That's all.

I'd really really like to visit Epcot. Epcot at night is wonderful, and I'm sure it'll bring back some awesome memories, even though from what I've read its best days are far behind. AK - I guess I should ride Everest Expedition. I already visited the park, and was scared out of my mind by Dinosaur. I don't know why, it just happened - I'd never ride it again. My wife bought the pic they take from you at the attraction, and I have to say - I was really terrified. (ashamed).

First, I guess I need to find out if there'll be a reduced park entry fee if going there after the event (somehow I doubt it - but if it's offered I'm taking it and visiting everything I can!). I may think I don't like WDW that much, but it's the first Disney park I ever visited (EPCOT Center & The Magic Kingdom) so I'm pretty sure I'll love what I see.

• Under that tree again!

Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.