no rehire status

so i was a former cast member on the college program, back in 2004-2005. and I got terminated for sexual harassment. it was a big mistake on the whole situation, I tried to lie my way out of the situation, and I got fired. I never even heard the other side of the story. I was wondering if there is anyone else who ever got terminated for sexual harassment as well, and if they had gotten their job back. I know this is a big strike, and I was wrong. but I wish there was a way to set things right and clear things up. I would really like the chance to work for disney again if possible. if anyone can relate or help me out that would be great. thanks

Re: no rehire status

i seriously doubt it. Disney has a tendency to blackball people that get terminated, especially for such an offense.

It doesnt help that this happened in Florida where there is no union backing. There is such a long line of people wanting to work for Disney its hard to even get a foot in the door in the first place.

Id say you could try just applying and seeing what comes of it, maybe the record is gone or something by now, you never know.

I would definitely re apply. There really is not a long line of people wanting to work at Disney. This is the reason Disney look standards have been relaxed to include allowing those with facial hair to apply and work. WDW casting center by and large hires most that apply and can meet the relaxed disney look guidelines. They don't hire 100% but its not the case that they turn down or waitlist most.

Now for you specifically, Especially in the case of CP's, ctb0879, call casting. Ask them if you may apply. You don't need to go into the detail here. Just you were term with a no rehire status in 2005. In generally no rehires are only for a year or so. You'll likely still have a no rehire status but due to the lengthy passing of time, I strongly suspect they'll entertain hiring you. If they ask question, be honest and humbled just was you were in your OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    I would definitely re apply. There really is not a long line of people wanting to work at Disney. .
    As someone who spent time working with HR at TDA, this couldn't be further from the truth.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

I believe most companies keep records of employment for 5-10 years, meaning that they know about your employee record for that long; write ups, demerits, attendance the whole spiel.

I know my airline keeps records for 10 years and that's a pretty big security/safety reason, I can't imagine Disney's being longer than that. Also the LAW in some States is that they can call and ask if you were emplyed there but they can't ask for employment records.

There are stories of people banned from the park for life and they kept record of it for 15+ years, but I think this would be differentiated from employment records...

As KidGenie said, give them a call and ask, what harm could it do...the most they can say is "No you will not be hired."
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I heard that you have a "Slim to no chance to getting hired back," and "Slim" is not available.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhbau View Post
    As someone who spent time working with HR at TDA, this couldn't be further from the truth.
    It is 100% true. 110% true. Sorry you feel otherwise, if your talking about Disneyland... that might be the case but at WDW the days of WDW rejecting most of the applicants are long gone. LONG gone!

DL benefits from being a smaller operation in a much much more populated region. WDW struggles to fill positions with an operation that is several times larger then its west coast counter part within a population density that is several times smaller. AS such monetary incentives are given to cast to refer to people certain positions (currently bus drivers, life guards and housekeepers) and the CP program continues to be expanded.

And HR at Team Disney? No such thing in Orlando. The Team Disney Building deals with corporate, HR deals with operations and is based out of the Suntrust building across the street from the Marketplace part of DTD.
    Last edited by Kidgenie; 01-16-2014 at 03:32 PM.