Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• #bringevilback

Re: Fastpass+ and Magic Band confusion!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiele View Post
    Just got back from WDW. Our experiences with Fastpass Plus were mixed. It was great when we could alter our plans for the next day by simply using My Disney Experience and modify our FP+ reservations. Due to flight delays we weren't in our hotel room bed until 3 am and decided to bump our reservations back to the afternoon of the next day so we could sleep in. That was slick!! The magic bands and everything attached to that was also slick and convenient. So much easier than handling cash and the vending carts took those as well so we could just let our 12 year old go and get a pop or something without giving cash. The one issue I had with fp+ is that it seemed limited in it's flexibility. It could be that I just wasn't using it correctly being our first time but here was my problem. We were at AK, where I had 3 reservations for the afternoon. As the day progressed we realized we might like to go over to MK afterwards so I ASSUMED we could get an additional fp+ for that park since it was a different location. NOT SO. Also as I was typing this request in - it doesn't send you any warnings that you are effectively deleting whatever fp+ you already have made - even if you are working with a different park. So once I had made that blunder I then tried to fix it all. We got by as the standby times in AK were manageable. One additional issue I had was, once I knew I had stuck myself with MK fastpasses for that same day, I attempted to give up 1 of my fastpasses for one attraction in MK for 1 in AK. The app didn't appear to allow me to jump back and forth between parks so I kept it all as I had it. Maybe I am just technologically impaired (I am) but just be aware of those things.
    Currently, you are only able to get FP+ in one park. Three FP, one park...anyone else missing the "plus" part besides me...?

Yep. I don't see too much "plus" in their FP+. I really don't see an advantage. It's not like I'm going to leave my wallet in the car or anything. And it restricts how many passes you can hold? Suck. And I have to maintain a log-in for their website?

I'm sick to death of having to log in to everything. Finding a unique username, remembering a password- I already have to maintain a file of what name I've used for sites and what password.

Can't we just go to the parks and have a nice day?
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

I dont want to sound mean or anything but you all have to remember this is not the final draft of this.. things can change.. and yes you only get 3 fp a day.. well so does everyone else.. its not like it puts you at a disadvantage... I dont get why people complain so much about this... this is a new era.. everything in life is becoming an online planned out world.. Did you really expect Disney, one of the most innovative companies ever to exist to not be going this route?

Nobody likes change... its human nature... I dobt 2 years from now these same complaints will exist..

Relax everyone.. I promise its going to be ok..
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

Meh. I may adapt to what is necessary (like virtual keyboards) but I don't have to like it and I usually don't. I will avoid the Magic Bands and the My Disney Experience carp for as long as I possibly can. I'm kind of down to single-day tickets at this point anyway, which aren't so much the focus of the idiotic bands.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Meh. I may adapt to what is necessary (like virtual keyboards) but I don't have to like it and I usually don't. I will avoid the Magic Bands and the My Disney Experience carp for as long as I possibly can. I'm kind of down to single-day tickets at this point anyway, which aren't so much the focus of the idiotic bands.
    And that is all well and fine. However, end single day tickets are included on the My Disney Experience function.. so I am not sure how you plan to avoid it.. you may get a card instead of a band (At least for now) but you will not be able to avoid it all together.. unless you don't want to take advantage of the 3 fastpasses you are able to get.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNerdTom View Post
    but you will not be able to avoid it all together.. unless you don't want to take advantage of the 3 fastpasses you are able to get.
    And that absolutely stinks. I don't know if it'll make me stay away forever, but it's certainly annoying.

• #bringevilback

I dont want to sound mean or anything but you all have to remember this is not the final draft of this.. things can change.. and yes you only get 3 fp a day.. well so does everyone else.. its not like it puts you at a disadvantage... I dont get why people complain so much about this... this is a new era.. everything in life is becoming an online planned out world.. Did you really expect Disney, one of the most innovative companies ever to exist to not be going this route?

Nobody likes change... its human nature... I dobt 2 years from now these same complaints will exist..

Relax everyone.. I promise its going to be ok..
    I agree, in two years the system could look very different with different complaints, however, in the mean time, the system as it exists now. When I originally booked my vacation FP+ was in the very early stages and things changed VERY rapidly in the 2 weeks before my trip when they completely eliminated paper FP. There was ZERO communication from disney about the changes, all was from forums, and as each park converted I got sadder and sadder.

Sure, it's not final, but all guests have to use it in it's current state, and it is affecting people's vacations. So relax, your vacation now will be ruined, but it might be better in two years.

I still dont see how this runis your trip... Disney does not HAVE to have any Fast Pass system at all.. They are a perk. Not a right. I don't see how fast passes is what determines if your trip has that Disney magic I am sure we all feel when we are there. They are nice no doubt but if that is the sole way you enjoy your trip then I am at a loss..

The paper fast passes had flaws too.. lets not pretend it didnt.. For example, if you wanted a FP for Toy Story Mania.. you had to be at the parks at the crack of dawn... run a sprint through the park and wait in a line longer than the standby line to get a FP for it... now tell me that is enjoyable because if you didnt you would be out of luck within 45 minutes of the park opening.. now for all you FP+ bashers tell me why this is so fair but the new system is not? I will tell you the piece of mind I got getting them days in advance for rides like this and knowing I can plan my arrival time to the part knowing that I have a FP for it is nice..

• #bringevilback

I still dont see how this runis your trip... Disney does not HAVE to have any Fast Pass system at all.. They are a perk. Not a right. I don't see how fast passes is what determines if your trip has that Disney magic I am sure we all feel when we are there. They are nice no doubt but if that is the sole way you enjoy your trip then I am at a loss...
    Sure, disney does not sneed to provide FP, but when they have provided it for a certain way for over 10 years and make drastic changes from when I booked my trip to when I actually went, WITHOUT notifying guests! especially when it severely limits how many rides and attractions I can experience, that's a problem and that affects how enjoyable my trip is. Limited to three FP per day, all in one park, I was not able to go on as many rides nor re ride favorites. My time was spent in standby lines, not enjoying the park atmosphere, shops, or restaurants. When you are constantly on your phone, trying to make changes through an app that only occasional works, and when it does work you find there are no available times nor rides, the magic of disney is lost. This was my first trip to WDW, and with only a short time there I wanted to experience as much as possible. When I booked my trip, I planned for enough time using the system in place at that time. I had expectations on what I would be able to do, and with the final removal of paper FP just 1.5 weeks before my trip, it was too late to make any changes. Did it completely ruin my trip, no, but it did seriously impact it.

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    Sure, disney does not sneed to provide FP, but when they have provided it for a certain way for over 10 years and make drastic changes from when I booked my trip to when I actually went, WITHOUT notifying guests! especially when it severely limits how many rides and attractions I can experience, that's a problem and that affects how enjoyable my trip is. Limited to three FP per day, all in one park, I was not able to go on as many rides nor re ride favorites. My time was spent in standby lines, not enjoying the park atmosphere, shops, or restaurants. When you are constantly on your phone, trying to make changes through an app that only occasional works, and when it does work you find there are no available times nor rides, the magic of disney is lost. This was my first trip to WDW, and with only a short time there I wanted to experience as much as possible. When I booked my trip, I planned for enough time using the system in place at that time. I had expectations on what I would be able to do, and with the final removal of paper FP just 1.5 weeks before my trip, it was too late to make any changes. Did it completely ruin my trip, no, but it did seriously impact it.
    Did you get your bands prior to your trip? If you did included with that was instructions that these are what you put fast passes on. Disney in no way was advertising that you could double dip with FP+ and the traditional way. In fact they would tell you that you cannot have it both ways.. Now I understand we all know that in fact you would have been able to double dip but the fact that you were not able to do so by the time you went is in no way due to any misinformation given by Disney themselves.

Change sucks.. I know that.. Especially when it buts into a trip that I am sure you worked hard to save for.. I am sorry to know that the new system seemed to be a big hardship to your trip.. I can only speak for myself to say it didnt have much impact.. in fact in many cases it gave us more flexibility because we didnt have to run all over the place to get the paper ones and hope they were still available.

Even with the old system I cannot remember using more than 3 anyways.. so the fact that your limited to 3 does not hit me as a huge turn off..

My thought on the limit to only 3 for 1 park per day is that I think many people plan to hop and then don't.. meaning there would be a ton of unused time slots that could have gone to some people that are actually going to use it..

My advise for the future if this rule stays... use your fast passes for the 2nd park.. Afternoon is when the park is most full and when the standby lines are at their longest. this will help you maximize your time.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Today, I made a WDW reservation, and customized a Magic Band on the MDE. I now know what MDE stands for. My trip is not until August, and right now I am very confused. However, I plan on reading everything that I can between now and then, and hopefully, I will be fine.

I will miss the paper fastpass tickets. A nice little reminder to put in my pocket of when I could enter the ride line. Guess I will have to write it down, or memorize it now. I'm all for change. Much of what I balked at before, is now improving the quality of my life/experiences.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Today, I made a WDW reservation, and customized a Magic Band on the MDE. I now know what MDE stands for. My trip is not until August, and right now I am very confused. However, I plan on reading everything that I can between now and then, and hopefully, I will be fine.

I will miss the paper fastpass tickets. A nice little reminder to put in my pocket of when I could enter the ride line. Guess I will have to write it down, or memorize it now. I'm all for change. Much of what I balked at before, is now improving the quality of my life/experiences.
    There are surveys out recently that suggest change is on the way, both with the number of FP per day and the limit of one park. Hopefully there will be some positive changes prior to your trip! The general consensus is that if you previously used 3 or less FP, you'll love this change, if you used more, you'll be less thrilled. If you have a smartphone you can pull up your FP t view, or if you just want something to reference your times, take a screenshot so you don't have to keep opening the app just to check times.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    There are surveys out recently that suggest change is on the way, both with the number of FP per day and the limit of one park. Hopefully there will be some positive changes prior to your trip! The general consensus is that if you previously used 3 or less FP, you'll love this change, if you used more, you'll be less thrilled. If you have a smartphone you can pull up your FP t view, or if you just want something to reference your times, take a screenshot so you don't have to keep opening the app just to check times.
    When you say the "App", are you referring to the My Disneyland Experience App? I actually do own an iPhone, and I loaded that app to my phone today.

I am actually very new at all this technology, and probably a little bit behind in maximizing the use of all the great features of my phone.
    Pop Century Resort

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    When you say the "App", are you referring to the My Disneyland Experience App? I actually do own an iPhone, and I loaded that app to my phone today.

I am actually very new at all this technology, and probably a little bit behind in maximizing the use of all the great features of my phone.
    yes, it's the "My Disney Experience" app...the icon is white with a blue mickey head, I think. You can make, change, and view your FP from there, as well as ADRs. If it worked consistently it would be great, but for me, especially in the parks, I found it slow, if it worked at all. I heard there's been an update since I went so hopefully it's all smoothed out now

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have spent so much time tonite reading all about this Magic Band stuff that I totally missed Once Upon A Time in Wonderland. That's one of the very few television programs that I really enjoy. I do enjoy modern technology though. It's another good example of how I can watch it online using either my MacBook, or my iPad.

I'm a slow learner, but I have time to catch up. What I don't know, sometimes my grandson helps me with.
    Pop Century Resort

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast