Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

• #bringevilback

Re: Fastpass+ and Magic Band confusion!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I have spent so much time tonite reading all about this Magic Band stuff that I totally missed Once Upon A Time in Wonderland. That's one of the very few television programs that I really enjoy. I do enjoy modern technology though. It's another good example of how I can watch it online using either my MacBook, or my iPad.

I'm a slow learner, but I have time to catch up. What I don't know, sometimes my grandson helps me with.
    You'll be fine, especially with plenty of time to get used to the app before you go!

also, there are kiosks in park if you have trouble, be it you, the phone, or the app that aren't working! I used them a couple of times when the app kept freezing.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Any time that anything is new, there is a first time worry that it isn't going to work right. I remember the first time I used my new Ventra Bus Card here in Chicago. I followed all the directions. Loaded the card with money, just like the machines say. Then the first time that I boarded the bus, I stressed over whether something would go wrong. Of course, it did not.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    You'll be fine, especially with plenty of time to get used to the app before you go!

also, there are kiosks in park if you have trouble, be it you, the phone, or the app that aren't working! I used them a couple of times when the app kept freezing.
    I recently got an update for this app with description of bug fixes.. However, since I am not currently in FL I have no idea how much it improved.. so take this for what its worth.
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Right now I am pretty impressed with the My Disney Experience. It works great in my house. I started an account on the WDW website. I put the app on my iPhone. Last night I was using MDE on my computer, and I even made my first dining reservation. Later on when I checked the app on my iPhone all the information was right there. Pretty impressive. Will it all be there, when I am actually living this vacation? I guess that I will have to wait to see.

I am a 66 year old who sometimes hesitates to try this new technology. When it works, I am both delighted, and amazed. Somethings are easier than others to figure out. So far, it has been very user friendly.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have a question.

First, let me say that I do understand the basic concept/process of the Magic Band. I have not yet bought my ticket, because I am still deciding the number of days that I want to visit. My visit will include 5 nights at a WDW Resort, and then 2 nights off site. I have programed my WDW Resort reservation into MDE.

My question is this. Once I register my ticket, on MDE, to work with the Magic Band, will it work all the days that I am traveling, or just the days that I am on staying on Disney property? I may want to visit a park when I am staying offsite.

• #bringevilback

I have a question.

First, let me say that I do understand the basic concept/process of the Magic Band. I have not yet bought my ticket, because I am still deciding the number of days that I want to visit. My visit will include 5 nights at a WDW Resort, and then 2 nights off site. I have programed my WDW Resort reservation into MDE.

My question is this. Once I register my ticket, on MDE, to work with the Magic Band, will it work all the days that I am traveling, or just the days that I am on staying on Disney property? I may want to visit a park when I am staying offsite.
    they are making changes frequently so this may change, but currently you have to have a ticket linked to your MDE for make FP+ and can them make it for the duration of your ticket, starting 60 days out from your onsite reservation. So if you are staying for 5 nights and link a 6 day ticket you could schedule for all days, from check in to check out. There is talk of off site guests being able to book in advance, mostly if they have ADRs and link their tickets! But there is speculation that all offsite guests who link a ticket will soon be able to book FP in advance. So you'll have no problem with your onsite portion, but it's questionable about your offsite dates. Previously a one night stay would be enough to activate it for the entire duration of your ticket, but I don't believe that is the case currently. I could be wrong

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Everything that I have read says that fastpass selections can not be made until 60 days out, so there certainly isn't any hurry for me to buy my tickets. I have read about Undercover Tourist, and their ticket prices are definitely cheaper. I will probably end up with a five day parkhopper. No need for a 6 day parkhopper since I am thinking seriously about a Universal Trip instead while I am staying off site. I was curious about how people who split their stays between onsite, and offsite deal with the new fastpass system.

Of course new things take time to work properly. I remember when Magical Express was first offered. Lots of nightmare stories were posted.

• Metro-Retro Historian

Just so you know. For the same price as this next-gen nonsense, $2,500,000,000 Disney could have built another Epcot.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• #bringevilback

Everything that I have read says that fastpass selections can not be made until 60 days out, so there certainly isn't any hurry for me to buy my tickets. I have read about Undercover Tourist, and their ticket prices are definitely cheaper. I will probably end up with a five day parkhopper. No need for a 6 day parkhopper since I am thinking seriously about a Universal Trip instead while I am staying off site. I was curious about how people who split their stays between onsite, and offsite deal with the new fastpass system.

Of course new things take time to work properly. I remember when Magical Express was first offered. Lots of nightmare stories were posted.
    I highly recommend Universal! I did half a day there just for WWoHP and was truly impressed! It's Disney level immersion/attention to details...plus they have some great coasters! If I was planning a longer trip (mine was 4.5 park days) I would do a Universal hopper, probably one day, maybe two. I only did HP and then Hulk on the way out and it would have been cool to see the other park or even more of IoA.

I have a Premier AP so I didn't need WDW tickets but I did purchase my Universal ticket from Undercover Tourist and had no problems...shipping was quick and I saved a few dollars. If you don't already, subscribe to a mouseSavers and get their special link with will give you a slightly higher discount. (For a one day universal ticket it was $1 extra, for $3 total)

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I do get the Mousesavers newsletter, which is where I discovered the even bigger discount for Undercover Tourist.

I was at Universal last year, and spent hours exploring WWOHP. I took a lot of pictures. I do want to go back when all the new stuff comes out. I will see what the feedback is about WWOHP before my August trip rolls around.

Fastpass 60 days out sounds reasonable, but I think the dining at 180 days is a bit ridiculous.

I do appreciate feedback from people who have actually been experiencing/using the Magic Bands.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have gone to understanding this thing pretty well, to being a bit confused.

I changed my reservation from "room only" to a package, in order to get the Memory Maker Free. The problem is that on MDE, my Customized Magic Band order is still tied to the "room only" reservation number. Does this matter? Do I need to somehow change this on MDE?

• Under that tree again!

I have gone to understanding this thing pretty well, to being a bit confused.

I changed my reservation from "room only" to a package, in order to get the Memory Maker Free. The problem is that on MDE, my Customized Magic Band order is still tied to the "room only" reservation number. Does this matter? Do I need to somehow change this on MDE?

Maybe. You may want to give them a call and have them fix it. Otherwise, you may end up with two Magic Bands. Not that that is a problem, but could be a little awkward.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I guess these things take time to adjust. We are now in the generation of instant gratification. I will wait a while before I get too concerned. Funny. Some things appear before you know it, and others don't.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Just so you know. For the same price as this next-gen nonsense, $2,500,000,000 Disney could have built another Epcot.
    well i wouldnt go that far but they certainly could have made several major projects with that money. hopefully in the longterm it proves to be worthwhile.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I haven't actually been on my Disney World vacation yet, but I am already starting to see a benefit to all this new technology. I recently bought an iPhone, and I own an iPad, and a Mac. I have put the MDE (My Disney Experience) App on both my iPhone, and my iPad. Now when I am planning, using MDE, everything is right there for me to see. No writing this stuff down anymore, like I used to do. That is a definite plus. I know I won't use the Magic Band for purchases. I still like to pay for certain things with cash.

I am 66 years old, so learning this stuff doesn't come as easily to me as it does to the younger generation. However, it has been pretty user friendly so far, and my grandson shows me things that I don't get right away.

Now that wifi is in the parks, well I guess it would have to be in order for MDE to be successful, I am ready to try all this technology out while on vacation. I never used fastpass a lot before, but I'm willing to give it all a try. I know it will definitely save me a lot of walking in the park, and my legs/feet will be happy about that.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast