Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Trip Report January 28th-30th

January 28th

Woke up and got in the car (packed it up the night before) and headed toward Tampa. Traffic was great all the way to I-4, hit some congestion about 2 exits from Walt Disney World but other than that we got there in about an hour and 20 minutes.

Drove over to Port Orleans French Quarter to check in. Christina colored while I got our room. I told them I didn't care if it was smoking or non as long as it was on the ground floor, that was a mistake but more on that later. So we get to our rooms and drop off our stuff, hop in the car and head to Animal Kingdom.

When we got to the turnstiles my ticket wouldn't work so they had to exchange it for a new one and Christina and I then headed for EE. Go to the check point in Dinoland for the first line. They were only letting people pass if you had you ID and your ticket, Glad I remembered to bring my ID. Got through that line to discover the standby line was up to an hour and twenty minutes. Since I was meeting another group of friends from my other Mickey board I decided to go get our complimentary laynard and pin and kill some time until the meet.

I had never seen Dinoland before and I wanted to make a point of checking it out so we went over. I was a little disappointed because it had the carnival theme which cheapened it for me completely. To each their own I guess, but we did go on the Triceratops Spin which was fun. Christina kept making it go up and down really fast, will teach me to let the 5yr old drive. LOL

After that it was time to meet up with our friends at the Flame Tree Barbeque, so we got something to eat and went down next to the water. It was such a great view of Expedition Everest and you could hear the screams from the people riding it. It was great!

Around 1 pm everybody showed up and we sat around talking about what else...anything Disney. It was a great time and I met some really great people. Well because we didn't have time to go on the ride that morning we all headed over to get into the standby line. The wait was an hour plus but the queue was completely worth the wait. It helped that there were people there to talk to the whole time. When we finally got on the ride, let me just say FABULOUS!!! I won't go into details to give anything away but its exciting, beautifully themed and completely worth it!

After the ride was over I wanted to head over to MGM to see the Narnia set. So we said out goodbye to everybody and started to head back to the car. Well Christina had a little accident so I had to buy her some shorts. There was a really helpful CM who walked us through 3 stores to find a pair. She was really nice and helpful! I asked who I could tell about her and they didn't know! So we left and went back to the room and got some dinner. By that time it was to late to go back to any of the parks but to early that we needed to kill some time. So I asked Christina if she wanted to go sit in the spa, it was a little cold to go swimming but then I found out they heat the pool. So she was swimming for a little bit and went to climb out and fell, scrapping her foot really bad. So I carried her back to the room and got out my mom backpack and bandaged her up. She was such a trooper! Then we cuddled and watched the Disney bedtime stories and fell asleep.

Day 2 Posted Tomorrow....

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Trip Report January 28th-30th

Summer....great report...do you have pics as well? I'd enjoy hearing more about the Florida parks from your point of view...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

awwwwwww I LOVE THE TRIP REPORT!!! MORE MORE MORE))))))))
    AND YES, PLEASE SHOW ME THE PICTURES YOU DID LAST NIGHT!!!!!

• Minion

Thanks for the report! Glad you're having a good time so far. Looking forward to the next update...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    Summer....great report...do you have pics as well? I'd enjoy hearing more about the Florida parks from your point of view...
    Thanks! My digital camera got wet and I can't use it, so this trip I really only have the PhotoPass pictures and the photos from my instant camera. Have to get those put on disk though, which I should be able to do tomorrow. LOL

Here is the link to the Photo pass photos anyway and my other albums from before. I'm such a shudder bug so to go back to the instant is killing me!

January 28th-30th

• most magical vaca ever

So far your trip report is

the pics too

OMG!!! I cannot WAIT to get back to WDW!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~

• Minion

Great report Summer and cute pictures. Lil Christina is so adorable. You're making me really wanna go now!!! Gawd! August isn't coming fast enough!!!!

• Banned User

Awwww I love the pictures, you both are so adorable!!! thank you, these made my day!! now get buisy on the rest of this report!! ( please)))))))))

• Banned User

OMgoodness, that donald duck one is hilarious!!!
    and the mickey hat looks like its on christina!! so adorable!!! I love them!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

January 29th

Woke up in the morning with a stuffed up nose and watery eyes. I had forgotten that I was allergic to cigarette smoke when they gave me the smoking room that it didn't affect me until I was sleeping. So I ended up buying some allergy meds at the resort store, we grabbed some breakfast and headed to MGM!

Got there before they opened, went through the CM and Resort Guest entrance (LOVE THAT) and moved down the main street. They had it roped off as it wasn't officially open yet so we hung off on the sidewalk to the side. Apparently there was a cheerleading thing going on that weekend because a group of girls were up front doing chants.

After a few minutes the music started up and the announcer welcomed us to Disney's MGM Studios! and the rope dropped with the mass crowd of people moving towards Sunset Blvd.

I wanted to go to MGM that morning because I wanted to see the Narnia set so Christina and I walked back and discovered the first tour wasn't until 10am. What to do for an hour. Well a little ways down there was JoJo and Goliath and Christina really wanted to see them. So because the park had just opened there was NO line whatsoever. She ran up and they played with her, skipping around in circles and she just had a really great time. So after that Donald was a little ways down and since again there was no line had some fun with my main duck man. Since that only killed about 20 minutes I figured we should walk over to Lights, Motor, Action to get Fastpasses because I have never seen it. There were two CM's standing out front and we had a nice conversation about Expedition Everest because of the "Sneak Peek" laynard I was wearing, it was the talk of the parks that weekend I tell you! Anyway, he said since the crowds were going to be super light today that they werent giving out any Fast Passes and it should be a problem to come back at 10 (10 again..) and get in. So I asked Christina if she wanted to go see Woody and Buzz and we headed to Al's Toy Barn.

As we got there they were just walking out and there was Jesse, Woody, Buzz and a Green Army man which Christina ended up playing hide and seek with, was COMPLETELY adorable. LOL So we got some more pictures with them and still had about 30 minutes to kill so I decided to walk over to Muppets 3D. There was no line, we walked right in, saw the preshow, grabbed our glasses and had some Muppet fun.

After we got out we had exactly 7 minutes to get back to the Narnia entrance. So we leisurely walked back over just in time to get in line. Ran into another friend of mine from another mickey board (waves at Drince) and she jumped onto the tour with us.

As you walked in they had the wardrobe right in front of you, it was completely beautiful. There was an intro by a CM and then the doors opened and all you could see was snow, the ground was a really soft squishy feeling under your feet and standing right inside the door was the actual lamp post from the film. I think I squealed like a little girl at that point. LOL Christina kept complimenting on how beautiful it was she liked the snow very much. They had a screen along one wall and they had a brief but good movie about the film. Near the end an actual person dressed as the White Witch came out and spoke about Aslan taking over and how she will crush him. Was very cool. After she left the CM said we could take pictures at that point, so Drince was nice enough to take our photo next to the lamp post. They also had the doorway entrance to Thomnus's house which I took a picture of Christina in front of. Then you walked around the corner and they had the dress the WW wore when she slays Aslan in a case, the sleigh she actually rides in the movie, some of the statues from the film and the actual septre she uses to turn people to stone. It was very well put together for a temporary set. Outside they had this great backdrop that had the Narnia set/name and every few minutes it would actually snow above you which was a great additive to the photograph I really hope it came out!

To be continued....

Sorry, I'm out of time today but I will continue it when I get back, I have so much more to say. LOL
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 02-02-2006 at 12:46 PM.

• Banned User

You got a smoking room!?!? and Non-smoker?!?!? That would be it for me. I'd would change rooms or else, upgrade me to a better room. I would never take a smoking room, not even in the best hotels in the World. Much rather go to the Comfort Inn if that meant having a clean, non smoking, non stinking room.

BTW... thanks for sharing you experiences during your vacation!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Continued..

After Narnia we headed over to Who Wants to Be a Millionaire with Drince. Played two games with her and I was almost in the hot seat but I missed the next question and bumped myself off the list. LOL

Christina wanted to see Beauty and the Beast so we headed towards Sunset and she asked if we could have some ice cream. Since we had some time to kill we grabbed some ice cream and sat down at a bench right outside ToT. I asked Christina if she wanted to go on the ride and she said no so we waited a little longer and headed in to BNB to sit down.

The show we have seen before but Christina really likes it. This time they had a good looking Gaston, the first time I saw it he was kind of eh. LOL Christina started getting hungry after the show and I asked her if she wanted to wait and eat at Magic Kingdom. On the way out we stopped at a store and saw the cutest Baby Tinkerbell that Christina just HAD to have. She didn't have anything from the trip yet so I bought it for her, she was a happy camper!

Then we jumped in the car and headed to Magic Kingdom!

Christina had never been on the monorail before as we had taken the ferry prior vacations so I wanted to make it extra special. So we headed up to catch the Monorail and I asked if we could sit up front. We did have to wait until the following one but the CM was very nice. The driver we ended up getting was a really sweet gentleman, there was a little delay as they were removing one of the trains so we talked a bit about the Monorail system how it works. Very interesting! The Contemporary was just as beautiful as I remember and I could see the construction in progress to the wings, it was looking good!

When we got to the park I figured we should buy our golden mickey ears as I had melted my ears down by leaving then in the back window of my car. Who knew plastic would melt if left under Florida sunshine. We then headed down Main Street with a stop off at VMK Central so I could turn in my quests and get my Golden Collection prizes. I grabbed the inpark quests and we headed down to the Plaza Restuarant. I had never eaten there before so I thought we would try something different.

Turns out the food was more expensive and we could have gotten the same quality with more variety at Cosmic Ray's which is where we normally eat. The food wasn't bad though and the waitress was very nice.

We then headed towards POTC because that's where Christina wanted to go first, we got about halfway there and Christina realized she left her Tinkerbell at the restuarant. So we had to walk back to the Plaza Restuarant and luckily they kept her behind the podium and she got her back.

Well at that point we were closer to Tomorrowland than Adventureland and I said lets head to the People Mover and get a Fast Pass for Space Mountain. So when get Tomorrowland to discover that Buzz was closed so we couldnt do that ride and Christina decided at that moment that she didnt want to ride a roller coaster. :/ So after the people mover we went on the Carousel of Progress, its a tradition with our family or at least one I made up.

Will continue this tomorrow a I am tired from the flight up to Buffalo. *waves from Buffalo* LOL

• most magical vaca ever

*waves from Buffalo*
    Hope it's not too cold for ya

*waves to Buffalo from NJ*

Love reading your trip report
    ~~~~~~

• Senior Minion

Thanks Summer for the report I enjoyed reading it. Im glad it went well.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Where Schemes Come True!

I can't wait for the next part of the trip report...

**waves at Buffalo from Knoxville**
    Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast