Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What if..... 5th Park? Star Wars Land?

With all of the rumors of Star Wars attractions at DHS being cancelled, and knowing they will want to capitalize on the new SW trilogy release. What if they double down, and create a 5th theme park; Star Wars Land? There is plenty of material and multiple generations of people to support it....

Hub and spoke type park, with each major planet hosting restaurants/attractions. Coruscant, Tatooine, Naboo, Hoth, Endor...

Crazy?

I think its more crazy to not have Star Wars attraction plans in motion right now.

Long shot perhaps, but again, why would they cancel attractions at DHS with the SW money train about to depart the station for a 3rd time?

• Banned User

Re: What if..... 5th Park? Star Wars Land?

I propose they create the 5th Park based on 3 movie franchises that Disney owns. Star Wars, Wizard of Oz, and Alice in Wonderland (live action version).

Whether it has a hub spoke layout or a lagoon style center, Star Wars is on the left side, Wizard of Oz in the upper center, and Alice in Wonderland on the right side.

There should be an entrance portal, but maybe for the first time, there shouldn't be a themed entrance. Instead, basic services are offered.

What should this new fangled park be called? Disney's Greatest Adventures park.

As for DHS, put in Carsland.

Alternatively, DHS should get Star Wars as this is probably more logical with Star Tours is already there.

The 5th Park should have Carsland on the left side, then Wizard of Oz in the upper center, and Alice in Wonderland on the right side.

Star Wars got cancelled? Hadnt heard that. And NO , they don't need a 7TH park.( Cant forget about the 2 water parks). They just need to add to the ones already open.

• Heavy Breather

The DHS plans will come back into fruition again sooner or later...

• Under that tree again!

A starwars park is quite limiting. It's rather an anomaly that a parent got to see them come out and their child got to see them come out. Will their grandchild see them come out or will space travel be normal and not novel to make a movie about? Why build a park with a theme that is only good for 20 years?

Mission Space can be torn out or rethemed, that is simple, but doing so to a whole park is a huge and unideal undertaking.

But parks should have many lands, or large areas with varying themes. That way it applies broadly to people and has more information to create from.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

SW will come to DHS , Avatar may happen first at Animal kingdom. I think most of the efforts and manpower are focused on SDL at the moment with remaining resources doing some upgrades at HKDL and finishing Avatar. Once SDL is finished I think we will see them roll into expansion for the SW IP at both US parks.

I would really like to have a new park based on the concept of the Mad Hatter's Hat in the show "Once Upon A Time"...where you stepped into his hat and you had doorways into all sorts of other lands.

I would call this park, "Disney's Doorways to Adventure". The central icon for the park would be a giant Mad Hatter's Hat...and once you stepped inside, you could go through beautiful, oversized doorways into several very distinct lands. There would be IMMENSE care this time so that you could not see the attractions from one land bleeding into another (like how you can see Space Mountain from Fantasyland or Rapunzel's Tower from Liberty Square).

The doors you could go through from the hub would be:

1. Oz -- Emerald City, Munchkinland, Witch's Castle
    2. Star Wars -- all sorts of potential there
    3. Narnia
    4. Halloween Town -- from Nightmare Before Christmas
    5. Never Land -- which I think would be an island in the middle of the park

I think that the park's entrance would be Wonderland. So you would come in from the parking lot and the gateway into the park would be the rabbit hole to go into Wonderland. Then, inside, you'd be in a lush garden with crazy flowers and things and you'd see the path that would be like Main Street, only all the shops would be themed to be like a village in the Queen of Hearts' kingdom. Everything here would be Alice in Wonderland themed and there could be a Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall restaurant, but I don't think any Alice rides since MK has the teacups.

You'd see the big Hatter's Hat (which I think is ironic since I hate the BAH at DHS, but the big Hatter's Hat here would be cool. The Hatter's hat would be built with the intention of having a nighttime show projected on it...and the inside of it would have all the portals to the other lands. Just like in the Once Upon A Time show on TV.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    Star Wars got cancelled? Hadnt heard that. And NO , they don't need a 7TH park. (Can't forget about the 2 water parks). They just need to add to the ones already open.
    I saw the title of this thread and thought, somebody would make redrhino's point above, and I'll agree with that. The studios is sometimes considered the 4th best WDW theme park so it could use a lot more Star Wars, especially if the new movies are worthy. Disney could visit the Harry Potter exhibits at the WB studios outside of London for inspiration.

A Star Wars resort could be fun too. See the disco themed elevators at the Legoland hotel in Carlsbad for inspiration for taking theming to new levels.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 01-18-2014 at 04:53 PM.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

DHS needs it more than WDW needs a new park. All 4 of the parks out there need a lot more...
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

I absolutely love STAR WARS, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, and RETURN OF THE JEDI. I was born in the early 70's and they were an important part of my childhood and I have wonderful memories of going with my Mom and Dad. And now my wife and I have a son, and when he is at the same age I was when I saw them, I'll show them to him. It's definitely a multi-generational and super successful movie series.

But there shouldn't be a park dedicated solely to just Star Wars. It would be very limiting and certainly skewed towards males obviously. One of the most beautiful things about Disney Parks is the incredible diversification of things to do because of the different types of lands. Could The Country Bear Jamboree be any different than Space Mountain? I know there is a lot of diversification IN the Star Wars Universe but it would still just be Star Wars. If someone at Disney's Hollywood Studios doesn't like Star Wars they don't have to go on Star Tours, there is all sorts of other movie attractions to do instead.

And Disney's Hollywood Studios is exactly where Star Wars should be expanded. The park is in need of some serious upgrading. Where would Star Wars Land go? Where the Studio Backlot Tour is now and, depending on how ambitious they want to be, where Streets of America is also. I don't love the idea of losing Streets of America, but the "Studio" Backlot Tour is absolutely terrible. I've been to both Disneyland parks, the four Walt Disney World parks, and the two Disneyland Paris parks and the Studio Backlot Tour at DHS is by far the least Disney attraction. Take it out TDO!

I'm not sure a fifth park at WDW would ever be a good idea. How many days the resort takes isn't the problem there, it's filling an entire day at one park. Particularly Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom. They are brilliantly putting in Avatar Land at DAK which will now give people a reason to be at that park during the nighttime. The bioluminescent jungles of Pandora at night? It will be spectacular and like nothing else anywhere.

A Star Wars Land at DHS should make that a full day park as well. The parks aren't close to each other for park hopping like Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, so they should all be full day parks. That should be TDO's focus.
    Last edited by Disney Adventure; 01-18-2014 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Wording change

A SW themed hotel, just think of the possibilities !!

• Under that tree again!

I think there is a major reason why WDW needs a 5th gate. 1 week is 7 days. 2 travel days, one there, one back. 7-2 equal 5.

FP+ discourages park hopping. Disney has 4 parks. 5-4 leaves 1. What to do with that extra day? Universal is the best answer.

If Disney had a park for each day, that wouldn't leave a flex day to spend off property.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 01-19-2014 at 09:08 PM.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

You mean 7 minus 2 equals 5, but I see what you're getting at. Don't forget about the water parks, there's two of them and they're pretty great. That's 6 gates, and they easily take a week with travel included.

I definitely would like each of the four theme parks to be at least an all day park. The Magic Kingdom is for sure. Epcot is very close. Hollywood Studios needs a few more attractions. And Animal Kingdom needs a few more attractions AND the nighttime presence they'll finally have with Avatar Land.

Does anyone know the derogatory name used for Animal Kingdom since it has so few rides? I read it once and can't think of it now.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Adventure View Post
    You mean 7 minus 2 equals 5, but I see what you're getting at. Don't forget about the water parks, there's two of them and they're pretty great. That's 6 gates, and they easily take a week with travel included.

I definitely would like each of the four theme parks to be at least an all day park. The Magic Kingdom is for sure. Epcot is very close. Hollywood Studios needs a few more attractions. And Animal Kingdom needs a few more attractions AND the nighttime presence they'll finally have with Avatar Land.

Does anyone know the derogatory name used for Animal Kingdom since it has so few rides? I read it once and can't think of it now.
    Well sure there are water parks, and golf and boating and DTD. But those are really add ons. After all of those were open along came IOA which became the thing to add on filling the fourth day.

Zoopark?
    Be Cool Stay in School!

I don't think they need another park. They can barely take care of the ones they have now.

I'm pretty sure we'll see something Star Wars related in the coming years as Universal/Comcast is literally shoving theit glorious foot up WDW's you-know-what.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast