SNL does Hollywood Studios skit about Indiana Jones show on 1/18/14!!!

Last night (1/18/14) Saturday Night Live did a skit about Disney's Hollywood Studios, specifically the Indiana Jones Stunt Show.

The skit was about a woman from another country who does not speak English being picked to be in the show. It was a very silly skit. The woman could not follow any of the directions she was being given. The rapper "Drake" played a Disney cast member and he was incredible: he captured the energy and enthusiasm of the cast members in these shows PERFECTLY. He kept trying to find someone in the audience who could communicate better with the guest, who could only say her name. The guest also carried around a big thing of rice that she was afraid someone would steal from her.

It's a funny skit: Watch Saturday Night Live: Disney World Show online | Free | Hulu

I think that Micechatters will laugh and laugh over it. I also think it's cool that SNL had a Disney skit, and that maybe it would give people the idea to come down to the parks.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: SNL does Hollywood Studios skit about Indiana Jones show on 1/18/14!!!

SNL rags on Disney a LOT.

Can someone post some more disney sketches?

Well, and this is just one mans opinion, SNL has not been funny in 20 years. I don't know many people who are going to " laugh and laugh" at this skit. Its just plain stupid. Bad writing, bad jokes, bad acting. Ive seen funnier stuff at our high school assemblies. Just because its about Disney, doesn't make it golden.

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    Well, and this is just one mans opinion, SNL has not been funny in 20 years. I don't know many people who are going to " laugh and laugh" at this skit. Its just plain stupid. Bad writing, bad jokes, bad acting. Ive seen funnier stuff at our high school assemblies. Just because its about Disney, doesn't make it golden.
    Well, the skit made my family howl with laughter. I've watched it now four or five times and my kids keep cracking up laughing. We've seen this exact thing happen in Disney parks a lot, where the cast members try to get guests to do silly things for these interactive shows. The woman in the skit reminds me a lot of little kids who get picked to go up onto the stage, and the cast members have to be super positive while trying to coax a good performance out of people with stage fright or other issues. I think it's so funny because it's so true.

Kind of like how people who work in offices in big companies LOVED the show The Office, but people who never worked in that environment would never think it was that funny. Humor is relative to our personal experiences. I also get excited when I see something in entertainment set in a Disney park. I wish there was more of that because Disney parks are my favorite places in the whole world.

• keh!

I was sick last night and woke up to that skit. I thought it was horrible and embarrassing. Seriously, SNL has not been funny in YEARS.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    SNL rags on Disney a LOT.
    Disney supplies a lot of material. And it's a universal experience, everybody goes there.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Banned User

It would have been funnier if the target of the skit was the Disney Cast Member instead of the poor Indian woman who doesn't understand English. Volunteers get no respect and this is no exception.

• Minion

I don't know what everyone is griping about, I thought it was funny. Not some of SNL's best work obviously but it amused me. It's nothing but situational comedy, people are over thinking the sketch. they aren't targeting anyone or anything in particular, just using the scene to highlight a language barrier between two people and how the situation gets out of control. Lol a lot of the times these sketches aren't that deep people just want to draw their own conclusions from them.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    Well, and this is just one mans opinion, SNL has not been funny in 20 years.
    This is true for the most part. I only watch when I see Timberlake is going to be on because he's always a hoot. The guy actually has great comedic timing. Shame I can't stand his music.