Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Under that tree again!

Re: Star Wars weekends: are costumes allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    What? I've seen a TON of adults in costume the last 2 years I've attended Star Wars Weekends.

They definitely tell you not to pose for photos (unless they're your own) and no signing autographs. Last year I saw a guy dressed as Jack Sparrow Jedi and he was constantly asking people to please not take photos of him because he didn't want to get in trouble and be asked to leave the park.
    But out of the total crowd not many people are in costume. It's not like MNSSHP where a lot of people come in costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanitas View Post
    That's not a bad idea.... actually, I might carry the mask around and then do some makeup prosthetics like you said as well, so that it actually makes sense.

What about posing with Cast members though? Like say I decide not to do the makeup and I just carry around my helmet until I get to where I can have my picture taken with a cast member, and then I put my helmet on for the picture.... would that be breaking any rules?
    I think carrying it around, and taking quick pictures, and pictures he CMs and characters will be fine. If you don't push you luck or get told not to put it on, then you should be fine.

Also keep in mind that going with your very nice costume, it may get hot and or rain.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post

I think carrying it around, and taking quick pictures, and pictures he CMs and characters will be fine. If you don't push you luck or get told not to put it on, then you should be fine.

Also keep in mind that going with your very nice costume, it may get hot and or rain.
    True, and luckily (from what I hear, I've only purchased a few pieces so far) the suit is designed for it to be okay to sweat in, because the costuming group I'm joining does parades and such, so they have to make sure that it will hold up in hot weather.
    It lights up though, and has lots of metal pieces and electronics, so rain on the other hand is not acceptable, so I will have to check the forecast and make sure there isn't a high chance of rain that day, or I will have to cover myself in a trashbag and head back to my hotel/RV!

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

You'd be fine taking photos with OFFICIAL characters (they'll be the ones you see actually signing autographs) for your own use, but photos with guests is a BIG no-no.
    Last edited by aimster; 01-20-2014 at 09:28 PM.

• Heavy Breather

It's all good Vanitas, good luck in your cosplay endeavors, and may the Force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    You'd be fine taking photos with OFFICIAL characters (they'll be the ones you see actually signing autographs) for your own use, but photos with guests is a BIG no-no.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    It's all good Vanitas, good luck in your cosplay endeavors, and may the Force be with you.
    Thanks guys! And may the force be with you as well, LordVader.

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12