Question UPGRADE $$ for more than 3 Fast Passes per park?

Will Disney soon sneak in a tiered upgrade for access to more Fast Passes per visit? For example, want and additional Fast Past? Sure, just give us $19.95. 2 more? That'll be $29.95… etc.

What are your thoughts?

Disney did not invest money to create this system for our convenience; they did it to maximize profit. They are, whether we like it or not, first and foremost a business.
    Last edited by traumwelt; 01-26-2014 at 08:23 AM.

• Indiana Scott

Re: UPGRADE $$ for more than 3 Fast Passes per park?

I sure hope not.
    It's not fair to those who cant afford such an added expense and it further degrades the effectiveness of FP. It would also mean even longer waits for standby lines.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by traumwelt View Post
    Will Disney soon sneak in a tiered upgrade for access to more Fast Passes per visit? For example, want and additional Fast Past? Sure, just give us $19.95. 2 more? That'll be $29.95… etc.

What are your thought?

Disney did not invest money to create this system for our convenience; they did it to maximize profit. They are, like it or not, first and foremost a business.
    I think they should expect food and merchandise sales to go down.

And they might as well bring back the ticket books from the old days.

I think FPs for hotel guests should be based on how expensive your hotel room is. Deluxe hotel guests could get 5 a day, Moderate 4 a day, and Value 3 a day. Not sure how it would work for DVC guests though. 6 a day I guess?
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

It probably will in the future, but if you look at it from a marketing perspective, they could use this to draw more attendance too as well as make more off of the Disney Dining Plan and photopass because it's more of a convenience to the guest.

Utilizing the smart phone to improve user experience is huge right now and the fact that they're going to be the first theme parks to embrace smart phones is a real attention getter and people will probably flock to a Disney park just because they can use their phones as a convenience.

I bet at first they're going to use it as a way to attract guests to their various paid services.

In terms of longer lines... It's still "iffy". I mean everyone will be limited more as opposed to the old Faspass system, so It could be an improvement.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• #bringevilback

If they were to do this I would see it more as a perk based on your room type, as previously posted. I hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

yeah I see this happening. I expect it. Universal & Six Flags already have "front of the line" upgrades you have to pay for so I suspect Disney is heading that way. I currently don't pay for meals or park hopper so I don't expect to be paying for fast passes.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

I at this time do not see this happening. I think FP+ and the restiction of FP was a form of croud control. I think it has the intention of lowering the standby wait for each ride by limiting the amount of people that can use FP. This in theory can work but the execution has to be worked out.

I also think this will increase the amount of people trying to get a Disabilty assistance card because this is basically a fast pass system in addition to the FP+ and since Disney does not ask what specifically is wrong with someone nor make them prove the disability they are not all that hard to get.

My wife needs one and when we went to Guest Services they did not make her prove anything and my wife has a condition that is not obvious.
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    I sure hope not.
    It's not fair to those who cant afford such an added expense and it further degrades the effectiveness of FP. It would also mean even longer waits for standby lines.
    At the moment, everyone gets three fastpasses. If in future, you can buy extra fastpasses, that would clearly make the FP queues longer (as you said, degrading the effectiveness of FP, although presumably Disney would sell limited amounts like Universal does with the front of the line passes, which are very effective). But it would not mean even longer waits for standby - there's no logical way you can argue that if people are removed from the standby queues that will make them longer!

I'm annoyed about fastpass+ because I used to get more than 6 FP per day under the old system, and now I'm going to be limited to three. I'd pay more for extra, happily, particularly if they did an unlimited front of the line pass that gave you access to everything or at least everything once!

• Inappropriate

Disney has had the Fastpass system for many years. The fact that they never charged extra for extra perks made them stand out in my mind above Universal's and Six Flags' systems. If, after all this time, they haven't charged money for fastpass, I seriously doubt they would start.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    I sure hope not.
    I'm with you, I sure hope this doesn't happen..

• Meh

Definitely don't have the extra cash to throw on extra fastpasses, but I suppose if others do, more power to ya! If they ever do this though!

/cough, hope they don't