• Under that tree again!

New Pins on the way, withparking lot themes.

New Hidden Mickey Pins Arriving Soon at Disney Parks for 2014 « Disney Parks Blog

New Hidden Mickey Pins Arriving Soon at Disney Parks for 2014

posted on January 27th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

Im happy to share that new Hidden Mickey pins are arriving soon to cast members lanyards at Disney Parks. For those unfamiliar with these pins, the Disney pin team distributes these pins to Cast Members to use for trading with guests. The Hidden Mickey pin collection was first introduced at Walt Disney World Resort in 2002. Today, they have become something fun for guests to collect or trade while visiting Disney Parks. Jeanne Lewis, merchandiser for Disney pins, recently gave me a look at the first wave of pins for 2014. This years collections feature familiar Disney characters and icons from Disney Parks.

For Disneyland Resort, Jeanne included pins that were inspired by the beautiful tile artwork found outside Carthay Circle on Buena Vista Street (you can see a great video about the creation of those tiles in this Disney Parks Blog story). I also love the character tiki face and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit pins.

For Walt Disney World Resort, Jeanne continued the Magic Kingdom Parking Lot sign collection first introduced years ago. There is also a collection featuring the Seven Dwarfs, which is a slight nod to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coming to New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park in 2014.
    There will also be one shared collection between Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. That collection features the its a small world attraction, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year.
    As a reminder, there are a couple of ways to identify a Hidden Mickey pin. The pins typically measure about 1.25-inches and contain a small Mickey Mouse icon hidden in the artwork. The back of the pin will also have the words Hidden Mickey pin.
    Happy Trading!
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Re: New Pins on the way, withparking lot themes.

Interesting...I may try for the Oswald and parking lot ones just because they are so unusual.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Meh

Oh my gosh the Pascals ones are awesome! I want all 5!!! The Oswalds are always really cool!

I fear the Pascals and the Rapunzel will be ones that will be the most counterfeited.

• #bringevilback

I was really hoping to find a Pascal one on my trip this past week but some of the unofficial pin traders said they weren't being released until today, 2/8. Of course I left on 2/6...

i guess I'll have to try to try for the DCA tiles....those are pretty cool!

I am glad to see new pins (as an art form they remind me of Faberge Eggs) but diminishing my joy is the concept of Magic Bands that would eliminate lanyards...
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by DobbysCloset View Post
    I am glad to see new pins (as an art form they remind me of Faberge Eggs) but diminishing my joy is the concept of Magic Bands that would eliminate lanyards...
    What do MagicBands have to do with pin lanyards?

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    What do MagicBands have to do with pin lanyards?
    People would wear lanyards with their tickets and KTTW cards in them, none of which are needed now due to the magic band, so in theory, lanyards are on their way out

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    People would wear lanyards with their tickets and KTTW cards in them, none of which are needed now due to the magic band, so in theory, lanyards are on their way out

Not the pin lanyards. I think the only people with an empty lanyard with a card pouch were the ones who were given a pin and lanyard from AAA free, so they just used their card at the base of their lanyard. For pin traders/wearers the card pouch is not the primary reason for the lanyard. Their lanyard is for the pins with the pouch more of an added optional convenience.

Now with the MagicBand, those card pouches can go away, but I would think pin traders would simply replace them with one of those big medallions or something else rather than doing away with the lanyard completely. Where would they wear their pins?

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Not the pin lanyards. I think the only people with an empty lanyard with a card pouch were the ones who were given a pin and lanyard from AAA free, so they just used their card at the base of their lanyard. For pin traders/wearers the card pouch is not the primary reason for the lanyard. Their lanyard is for the pins with the pouch more of an added optional convenience.

Now with the MagicBand, those card pouches can go away, but I would think pin traders would simply replace them with one of those big medallions or something else rather than doing away with the lanyard completely. Where would they wear their pins?
    That was the whole point of the previous poster...no lanyards, no pins.

• Under that tree again!

Yup giving people lanyards or a lanyard and pin was a way to encourage collecting pins. I used a lanyard because it was convenient to put tickets and money in and kept it secure, rather than slipping it in my pocket where it could slip out.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• #bringevilback

I got one of the DLR pins today! I found a CM with the character tiki face chaser pin with Donald. If nothing else, it means they are out there! Happy hunting!