Monorail closure

In case you were not aware the Monorail around MK is closed on weekdays during peek hours. (10:30 -7)

This has been reported for regular mainenance and also there are rumors that it is down as they are moving equiptment to Poly for their DVC construciton.

As far as I know there is no exact date that this will be done.
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

Re: Monorail closure

It goes offline when most people are already in the parks, between 11am - 7pm. As far as we've been told, the Epcot to Transportation Center line remains open during the wider maintenance outage.
    ~ Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Olson View Post
    It goes offline when most people are already in the parks, between 11am - 7pm. As far as we've been told, the Epcot to Transportation Center line remains open during the wider maintenance outage.
    Correct it is only the MK loop that is closed. More buses and boats will also be used during this.
    Co-Host of the Disney Nerds Podcast (found on i-tunes, Stitcher, and Podbean)
    Co-Creator of the Mouseketeer Club group on Facebook.

• Shubisha

This impacted me a little earlier this week.. I should be understanding of them closing it down for some construction, maintenance, TLC, or whatever for a few weeks out of the year. But if there apparently isn't that much demand during that period of the day, I say why not put a single monorail on each track and run them in back and forth mode as express monorails between the MK and TTC via the contemporary route.

We noticed machinery on the tracks late last week and monorails running only periodically during the weekday. Also, Monday morning we saw Monorail Black (the one with the red trim) being towed (or rather shoved along the track). Finally, the EPCOT monorail was also not running that morning.

Construction is definitely going strong at the Polynesian, so they may indeed be bringing in heavy equipment. The beach on which we once enjoyed a view of the monorail, castle, Space Mountain, and many boats all at once is now gone. Hopefully it will return, just pushed out a bit farther into the waters.
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

10-7 isn't peek, or peak hours. Peak hours are 9am to 11am and the 45 minutes to an hour after the afternoon parade, which currently isn't running, the first performance of the night parade (but to a much lesser extent, and after Wishes, most especially after Wishes. They have a very effective Bus back up that is easily able to handle the demand of these hours, and if you really need your monorail fix, most of the time the Epcot beam is running and honestly IMO, is a superior monorail experience.